www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:03 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Part 1

Tom , my very dear friend, is a very succesful, high energy fellow who woke up one day and looked at his wife who was nearing a deuce and a quarter on the scales, and he said WTF.

So off to costa rica with me and we went pink snapper fishing.

Tom meets Ellie, a fine Dominican who has plenty of energy and can handle all of his energy and interesting desires and experimentations. After many trips, he explored the whole country with her. She would meet him at the airport, go to los suenos, arenal, tabacon, etc. He also explored all around the world with/ on her, and left no area wanting for attention. He was enjoying himself more than a bunny rabbit on intraveneous vitamin v !! And she knew exactly how to handle the woody.

Tom gets a bright idea..... what if she could fly to meet me on weekends, go to the bahamas on the boat, go fishing in the keys, take her to vegas and atlantic city, party on south beach, life would be even better !!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:11 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Part 2

We americans take it for granted that we can fly almost anywhere, present our passports and voila, we are in. However, as ellie explained;
---------
Baby, I need to show papers to get a visa. I need to show that I have a good reason to visit, have good reasons not to stay in the US. If I own property or have a family in the dominican republic, and can show money in the bank, I can get a visa, and be with you.

Honey, how much money would it take ?

Baby, only $5,000 , and it doesnt have to stay in the bank very long.

-------------

So Tom explains this to me and my answer is, " Are you f@@ing nuts ?
No he says, I blow more than that on stupid sh@t, this is a no brainer.

Tom wires the money !!! :shock:
Three hours later he calls me.

can you call her in san jose, she said something about the wire, but I couldnt understand all of it. Can you call her in spanish and find out if everything is ok ??. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:26 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Part 3, Final.

So I call down to SJ and get Ellie on the line,

Hello Ellie, How are you ? Tom asked me to call about the bank transfer, he didnt understand everyting you were saying. Is everythng good ? Did your bank confirm the transfer ??

--- yes the bank received the money, but we bave a small problem.

What is it Ellie ?

-- well, when the bank got the money, they had to charge me a bank fee for $65 !!!

Yes, thats normal.

---- I was asking Tom if would send extra to cover the bank charges.

Oh , I was ask him, bye, bye

ring,ring, Hey Tom !
Yeah, what did she say......

Tom, I hate to say this, but you need to find a new road to hoe.

( this is a true story )

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Damn!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:11 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

what did PT Barnum say about one being born every minute??? How, as a friend did you let him do that???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

So Tom explains this to me and my answer is, " Are you f@@ing nuts ?
No he says, I blow more than that on stupid sh@t, this is a no brainer.

sometimes, a man's gonna do, what a man's gonna do

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:34 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Brings up another good point - for lots of reasons (no money in the bank, no bona fide, verifiable employment <sorry, statement from Security at the HDR will not suffice> and oh yes....criminal history) many of the gulch girls would never qualify for a visa - its been the dream of many to fly a girl to the USA for a week or two, but its mostly a pipe dream - with the exception of European countries, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and a very few others, free, unfettered world travel is not a possibility - in this, we as Americans are spoiled

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:33 pm 

BonePony wrote:
what did PT Barnum say about one being born every minute??? How, as a friend did you let him do that???

If you google "There's a sucker born every minute" you will find NO PROOF that PT Barnum ever said it. :wink:

Reviews with Name, Where we can find her, Description (Height, weight, measurements (best guesses will do just fine)), and a rundown on services provided (and yes, YMMV is understood) would be GREATLY appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:56 am 

Spock wrote:
BonePony wrote:

If you google "There's a sucker born every minute" you will find NO PROOF that PT Barnum ever said it. :wink:

Because everything on the internet is accurate...fine I'll take credit for it

What did BonePony say about one being born every minute? 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:53 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

This is from Wikipedia - FWIW, I thought the phrase in question was credited to PT myself - but seems like he did not - the paragraph below would indicate a less cynical PT Barnum :)

Sorry, Jazz, not trying to steal your thunder :) :lol: :P :)

When Barnum's biographer tried to track down when Barnum had uttered this phrase, all of Barnum's friends and acquaintances told him it was out of character. Barnum's credo was more along the lines of "there's a customer born every minute" — he wanted to find ways to draw new customers in all the time because competition was fierce and people could become bored easily.[citation needed]

Some sources claim the quote is most likely from famous con-man Joseph ("Paper Collar Joe") Bessimer,[1] and other sources say it was actually uttered by David Hannum, spoken in reference to Barnum's part in the Cardiff Giant hoax. Hannum, who was exhibiting the "original" giant and had unsuccessfully sued Barnum for exhibiting a copy and claiming it was the original, was referring to the crowds continuing to pay to see Barnum's exhibit even after both it and the original had been proven to be fakes.

In turn, Barnum's fellow circus owner and arch-rival Adam Forepaugh attributed the quote to Barnum in a newspaper interview in an attempt to discredit him. However, Barnum never denied making the quote. It is said that he thanked Forepaugh for the free publicity he had given him.[citation needed]

Another source credits late 1860s Chicago "bounty broker, saloon and gambling-house keeper, eminent politician, and dispenser of cheating privileges..." Michael Cassius McDonald as the originator of the aphorism. According to the book Gem of the Prairie: Chicago Underworld (1940) by Herbert Asbury, when McDonald was equipping his gambling house known as The Store (at Clark and Monroe Streets in Chicago) his partner Harry Lawrence expressed concern over the large number of roulette wheels and faro tables being installed and their ability to get enough players to play the games. McDonald then allegedly said, "Don't worry about that, there's a sucker born every minute."[citation needed]

The phrase is the title of the opening song in the Broadway musical Barnum, about P.T. Barnum's life.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:24 pm 

BonePony wrote:
Spock wrote:
BonePony wrote:

Because everything on the internet is accurate...fine I'll take credit for it

What did BonePony say about one being born every minute? 8)

So you're suggesting NOTHING on the Internet is accurate ??? :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Reviews with Name, Where we can find her, Description (Height, weight, measurements (best guesses will do just fine)), and a rundown on services provided (and yes, YMMV is understood) would be GREATLY appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:35 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Spock wrote:
So you're suggesting NOTHING on the Internet is accurate ??? :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:D :D All this time I was believing everything I read on CRT and know you tell me it may not be true or "accurate". :roll: sheeeeeeeeesh.