www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: sometimes I hate women
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:14 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

It seems difficult to cultivate strong, trustful, relationships in 3rd world countries (Nicaragua). you have one side who has nothing and wants plenty, and the other side who has everything and is not asking for very much. Both parties engage in games to ensure they get what they want, without getting played.

Its tiring me out. For many of these women the only way of moving up in their world is by creating a life with an extranjero. Unfortunately, and much to my displeasure, the majority of the women I have met believe lying is the best way to do this, not understanding that honesty will, most often, do more for them than any amount of poor fabrications of reality ever will.

The other day the girl I had been seeing for a few weeks asked if she could borrow my camera for the weekend. It was her sons birthday and her brothers where coming in from Masaya (a near by town) to visit for the weekend. She is/was more honest than most others but I wasn't ready to lend her my camera. She became upset, telling me I lacked confidence in her, asking if she had ever lied to me in the past. She ended up leaving, and neither one of us has tried to call to other.... I assume she is gone for a while. Its situations like this that lead me to lament my capacity for trust with love interests who have nothing and need so much more than they have.

Its strange to think that, many times, the stand of defense I take to safe guard my wallet and save myself from feeling used leaves me feeling just a bad as if it did happen. but, usually, I think I've made the right choice. No soy un cajero.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:22 pm 

Question wrote:
It seems difficult to cultivate strong, trustful, relationships in 3rd world countries (Nicaragua). you have one side who has nothing and wants plenty, and the other side who has everything and is not asking for very much. Both parties engage in games to ensure they get what they want, without getting played.

Its tiring me out. For many of these women the only way of moving up in their world is by creating a life with an extranjero. Unfortunately, and much to my displeasure, the majority of the women I have met believe lying is the best way to do this, not understanding that honesty will, most often, do more for them than any amount of poor fabrications of reality ever will.

The other day the girl I had been seeing for a few weeks asked if she could borrow my camera for the weekend. It was her sons birthday and her brothers where coming in from Masaya (a near by town) to visit for the weekend. She is/was more honest than most others but I wasn't ready to lend her my camera. She became upset, telling me I lacked confidence in her, asking if she had ever lied to me in the past. She ended up leaving, and neither one of us has tried to call to other.... I assume she is gone for a while. Its situations like this that lead me to lament my capacity for trust with love interests who have nothing and need so much more than they have.

Its strange to think that, many times, the stand of defense I take to safe guard my wallet and save myself from feeling used leaves me feeling just a bad as if it did happen. but, usually, I think I've made the right choice. No soy un cajero.

Well, I'm not sure if this is the type of board for relationship/break-up consolation. That said, you're in a spot where we all find ourselves with regular women at one point or another. I think mongering is one answer to the pain of the "game." I think you've failed to realize or perhaps forgotten that women are women the world over. I could substitute everything you said with a Gringa in the U.S. No difference. Your relationship with this woman was worth the cost of a simple camera. That's what you meant to her: a camera. Consider it a blessing that is all she was and not much more. For just a camera? You got off easy!

I think your hatred of women or at least your claim of hating them is misplaced. This is just a feeling you're going through right now and is subject to change when you see another sexy chica that you're comfortable with. Nah, you don't hate women. Women are what they are. They are creatures who, like you, have needs and they see you as the fulfillment of a particular need at a given point in time. Your responsibility is to not get played by being wiser than than your urges. Honestly, can you blame these women for using a Gringo? If I was a woman, I sure as hell would. I'd be Western Union(ing) ignorant Gringo's left and right. You probably fell in love, she sure as hell didn't. Who was the wiser? You can't expect love in these scenarios, man. You're not equal to her, she knows it. You come from a life of riches and hot running water, she doesn't. This is a good lesson for you. Chalk it up to the game and move on.

Scoping out Tica heels wit the flaca feels/
No novia para me cause its extra fee, not "free"/
Gonna get a Pura Vida meeta not a gringa skeeza/
Dis is how it goes wit hoes in Santa Joe's/
No need for the true player/just a true payer
Ya dig?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Man, this is a slippery slope when we as men get into the resentment and “hating” of women. I have seen this happen too many times with guys that are generally good dudes and just want a woman who is honest and committed to them and is willing to do the same for her. I don’t have all the answers and by no means am I an expert in dealing with women, but applying a few simple rules I NEVER have any real problems – actual or emotional ones when it comes to these matters and 99% of my interactions and relationships are great. So, here they are:
1. NEVER be more emotionally invested in the relationship than she is. This can be a tricky one. Emotional Investment is good and in some capacity we seek to give and receive it - unless one is a total narcissist or psychopath. Equal Investment is ideal, but seldom achieved, even in the best relationships, and when it is the balance eventually skews one way or the other. This “never being more emotionally invested” is not an action or metric, but rather just a by-product of being an awesome man and having your shit together and having EVERY aspect outside of your relations with women on lock. When we have other things in life that we love and are passionate about besides women (career, hobbies, friends, family, etc.) it makes it almost impossible for you to be more invested than she is. She can stay or she can go and no matter how much you dig her you KNOW that things will be just fine without her (read as: 100% non-needy).

2. NEVER put more into a relationship than you are getting out of it. Similar to the first one but this requires you have solid boundaries and stick to them no matter what. Today’s man has been taught and raised to repress our emotions and not express when we are dissatisfied with something that a woman says or does for fear of losing her or making her mad, or if just meeting a woman trying to hard to impress her. Basically this results in passive-aggressive behavior which is pretty weak as man. So, if you are always buying a girl stuff and doing shit for her but she is not reciprocating with whatever it is you feel you want out of the relationship – CUT HER LOOSE, as this is not something that will get better with time. Now, the key here is if a guy is “doing stuff” for a girl, do it because you want to and not because you EXPECT anything in return (needy behavior). Far too often we see guys that put up with WAY more bullshit than they are comfortable with from a woman just because they perceive her to be “hot” or especially “Out of his league” or some shit like that. Looks wise it is often true and if we perceive it that way our actions will cause us to act like pussies with a woman and let her walk on us – NO THANKS! The key to living this way is not to be a raging and confrontational asshole either. Be calm and cool about shit when a woman acts out or to your disliking but be clear about what it is that you want and expect (this may sound “controlling” but it’s not). When you don’t express what it is you want or desire that means that what that other person thinks and feels is more important than what you think and feel – Phuck that. Sounds selfish, but that is just what people have been taught and it’s total BS.

3. NEVER seek to meet a woman’s standards and ALWAYS seek women that meet YOUR standards (beyond looks too). This ties in to the above as well but too many men act like there is a sudden shortage of attractive women to be with. There’s not!! 3.2 billion women (give or take a few million). There’s plenty, so why put up with bullshit from one (no matter how physically attractive she is). Point is, if you see the warning signs early do not hesitate to “Find another girl”. Sure, you will lose a lot of women this way but the ones that you keep/stay with you when you apply YOUR standards will love you forever. Oh, and so will many of the “troublemakers” that you cut loose. :D

Good luck brother and keep it light!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:33 am 

Well said, Walltime! That's some good knowledge you just dropped. If men decided to value themselves as much as they value the good looks/charm/femininity of women, there would be a much more equal balance to the game.

I would also say that it serves a man to be more assertive than not. If you're not assertive then you're gonna get hurt. Going back to the OP and the camera situation. If when his woman said, "What, you don't trust me?" the response should have been, "No, I don't," and allowed for one minute of uncomfortable, awkward silence. "I don't know your family(or you) well enough to preserve my belongings." I firmly believe that in order for there to be "love" in a relationship the man must always be prepared to lose his woman or drop her from his life. This is true strength, not that bullshit that we see/hear in movies, songs, books and other media.

I'm new to Latin America and Latin women in particular. I've learned that these women, although putas. respect strength and confidence in men. Even though you're paying them, they're still women and they defer to you for direction. Coming to CR was the best thing to ever happen to me because not only did I see women in their natural condition(desire for a man's money/resources) but I take that back to the States with the understanding that women are women the world over. Hating them is a complete waste of your time. Women are women. Enjoy them, respect the differences and avoid the pitfalls. Not having a wife or GF is the best choice for me.

Keep your mind strong and your pimp hand stronger. :mrgreen:

Scoping out Tica heels wit the flaca feels/
No novia para me cause its extra fee, not "free"/
Gonna get a Pura Vida meeta not a gringa skeeza/
Dis is how it goes wit hoes in Santa Joe's/
No need for the true player/just a true payer
Ya dig?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:26 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

yes, yes and yes, Jett. Spot on about the assertive thing. That is the universal number one attractive factor that a man can possess that women are drawn to. And no, I do not mean chest pounding gorillia fake assertiveness either. Pull it off in a totally calm, yet strong way and women eat that shit up. In my few trips so far and with the women in CR I have found it to be no different than with gringas in that regard. It's pretty simple stuff but we (men folk as a species) have gotten so far away from this that it sickens me at times. I think we have all fallen in that rut with a woman at least once, but self-awareness is all that is required to prevail. Also, agree with the treat women (yes, even putas too) with respect and things go much better. However, having a solid line between respect for them and getting taken for are two different things (not saying this is per se the case with the OP).

"Pimp hand strong"....LMAO!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:16 pm 

Nice responses, thanks.

Just to clarify a few things, I don't actually hate women. The title was somewhat hyperbolic and not meant to project and misogynistic tendencies. Plus, the key word is "sometimes". Most of the time I like women very much.

I wasn't trying to vent about my particular situation, as I am not overly sad about her departure, but rather to discuss the dynamics of relation ships in countries where your two situations are vastly different. Back home, the women didn't need me, they had their own jobs, own place, own life. Maybe times have changed, I'm not sure, but I'm 22 and most "gringas" back home seem more focused on making a life for themselves than finding a rich husband. But that's just my observation. I really feel the 3rd world latina is a whole different game altogether.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:48 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Sometimes maybe I just think differently or just pay waaay to much attention to these type of relationships etc..

I think it's interesting to try and figure out the right and wrongs but a major wrong I see over and over..is the chica not (really) loving the gringo to begin with :|

Say what you will, but its not hard for a younger chica you want to like you like that to fool you. I'm speaking in generalities but it does humor me..man forget cultural differences etc etc etc...er, she don't really like you like that anyway. Guys should want to be with a girl that is enamored by him, turned on by him and have genuine feelings etc...um, rite?

Anyway, understand the failure of most of this gringo/chica thing is, that its (almost always) a farce to begin with... :idea:

Sooooo easy to fool someone who is desperately wanting to believe.... :wink:

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:12 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Cujo's, the guy said he was 22yo It's not like it's my old ass with a young chica... :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:17 pm 

Well....she probably didn't like him at 22 either... :oops: :lol:

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:46 pm 

Cujo'S wrote:
Well....she probably didn't like him at 22 either... :oops: :lol:

Cujo

Its possible, not that you have any great insight into the specific situation.

That being said, perhaps this is the wrong place to try and start this conversation if, like you say, most of the relationships experienced among the users here is likely a farce to begin with.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:29 pm 

Great response man...yea nothing personal because I have no insight into the situation. What I speak of is the eyeball test usually..its not hard to spot a situation or a chica where she is as they say, "haciendo el papel"...

So keeping it general, that's usually the huge issue..dude thinks she likes him how she's supposed to, but she doesn't..not even close.

Her only chance of success is for him to believe her...

Let's not mistake anything, do I think chicas (if they work to me its irrelevant) can genuinely like and have feelings for a guy? Sure but.... humph... :|

Cujo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:33 pm 

Over the years I've seen some excellent advice on this board, without the distorted reality of television or magazines etc.

Women will ruin your life if you let them, their capacity to lie, cheat, twist, deny knows no bounds.

If she's not respectfull, or focused on you, walk away. There is always another one right around the corner. Avoid the little girl crush, you always have to be willing to walk.

That being said, there are still enough quality women out there, or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Q,

I think ya need to say as my good friend B says, "c'est la vie". That is just how things go in the mongering life. If you are looking for love, you gotta be the man in it, PERIOD......... Working girl or "regular" girl. Women in Latin America even if they are timid and subserviant they still want a man. If she is tryin to be pissed then like my boy Jay-Z says, "On to the next one....." Get your ass further south and enjoy it. I mean, are you really gonna try to stop your tour cuz you like a girl in one of the countries. I would hope you like several different women in each country. I'm just sayin..... Check them all out and revisit the ones you really liked. I mean, I don't feel bad for you because you should know better. But we ALL get taken at some point. :| Remember where you are and what you are doing bro...... Good luck.

the DR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:56 pm 

Cujo'S wrote:
Sometimes maybe I just think differently or just pay waaay to much attention to these type of relationships etc..

I think it's interesting to try and figure out the right and wrongs but a major wrong I see over and over..is the chica not (really) loving the gringo to begin with :|

Say what you will, but its not hard for a younger chica you want to like you like that to fool you. I'm speaking in generalities but it does humor me..man forget cultural differences etc etc etc...er, she don't really like you like that anyway. Guys should want to be with a girl that is enamored by him, turned on by him and have genuine feelings etc...um, rite?

Anyway, understand the failure of most of this gringo/chica thing is, that its (almost always) a farce to begin with... :idea:

Sooooo easy to fool someone who is desperately wanting to believe.... :wink:
Cujo

True, but not isolated to the "no spanish speaking stupid gringo" with a chica or tica relationship. You see it worldwide even when they are both fluent in the same lingo. Latinas do not have a corner on that market.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:41 pm 

Dr.Mario wrote:
Q,

I think ya need to say as my good friend B says, "c'est la vie". That is just how things go in the mongering life. If you are looking for love, you gotta be the man in it, PERIOD......... Working girl or "regular" girl. Women in Latin America even if they are timid and subserviant they still want a man. If she is tryin to be pissed then like my boy Jay-Z says, "On to the next one....." Get your ass further south and enjoy it. I mean, are you really gonna try to stop your tour cuz you like a girl in one of the countries. I would hope you like several different women in each country. I'm just sayin..... Check them all out and revisit the ones you really liked. I mean, I don't feel bad for you because you should know better. But we ALL get taken at some point. :| Remember where you are and what you are doing bro...... Good luck.

the DR

I really regret giving my personal account. I was just trying to start a conversation about having a relationship with women from very poor countries and the differences therein compared with their first world counter parts.

I really don't feel I got played. She asked to borrow my camera and I said no and then she left. I liked her, but, as you say, "c'est la vie". She was merely the catalyst to me asking for other opinions on the topic aforementioned.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next