www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RFM For Silicon Removal
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:39 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

My friend just received an RFM from a girl in Medellin. They have been seeing each other in a P4P relationship for about a year now, and both are considering taking it to the next level i.e. novia/novio ultimately casada. Disclosure, he is relatively young and athletic. The age gap between them is only 7 years.

The RFM is asking him for $4,490 to get a defective silicon breast implant removed. My friend makes decent money and would not regret giving her the money if in fact her health is at stake. A little internet research dug up an article about a French company Poly Implant Prothese (PIP), which was closed by the French government for using industrial grade silicone. About 14,000 pairs were sold in Colombia.

I am a little suspicious. She is a pretty cool girl but honestly I think the majority of Colombians are under the misconception that Americans have obscene amounts of money and fleecing us is ok. I told him that if he wants to pay for the operation, he should ask her for the name of the doctor and hospital and pay the bill directly to them.

Has anyone else received a similar RFM? Does anyone else have any suggestions to ensure he is not being used? Obviously the easy answer is “next”.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:41 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Vmonger wrote:
My friend just received an RFM from a girl in Medellin. They have been seeing each other in a P4P relationship for about a year now, and both are considering taking it to the next level i.e. novia/novio ultimately casada.This starts out as a really bad idea with a relationship with little chance for success - P4P - he lives in the USA and she lives in Colombia - you have a better chance of seeing Jesus than this relationships chances for long term success - I could go on and on but do i really have to?

Disclosure, he is relatively young and athletic. The age gap between them is only 7 years.

The RFM is asking him for $4,490 to get a defective silicon breast implant removed. My friend makes decent money and would not regret giving her the money if in fact her health is at stake. A little internet research dug up an article about a French company Poly Implant Prothese (PIP), which was closed by the French government for using industrial grade silicone. About 14,000 pairs were sold in Colombia.

I am a little suspicious. She is a pretty cool girl but honestly I think the majority of Colombians are under the misconception that Americans have obscene amounts of money and fleecing us is ok. I told him that if he wants to pay for the operation, he should ask her for the name of the doctor and hospital and pay the bill directly to them. Not a bad idea, but you still might not know for sure He could offer to come down and be w/ her for the operation - they are talking marrage, after all :roll: :roll: :roll: - but what do you bet just "something" does not work out

Has anyone else received a similar RFM? No, b/c they never have my contact info - I have theirs, sure - but mine - never Can't see the percentage in it on so many levels Does anyone else have any suggestions to ensure he is not being used?
It would seem so - but he is being dumb from the start - a P4P relationship has a very low chance of success from the get go - this would be a perfect time to end what never should have been - and if you think I'm being harsh, just read all about the likelyhood of succes from these relationships - very very few last

Obviously the easy answer is “next”.

No, that would be the smart answer - tell your friend that the ratio of women to men in Colombia is high (seriously) - further, there are many many Colombian woment outside of the sex industry who would love to meet him (although they don't hang out in brothels or at the "Mansion" or at MP's)

Post back and let us know - but I almost can guarantee its going to come down to just wanting the money - also - and pardon the Americacentric question :roll: but if there was a problem w/ the French companies product, do they not have a method or means to correct the problem?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:29 pm 

The problem with the breast implants manufactured in France by PIP has been noted by the health authorities in Costa Rica. They were made with industrial grade silicon rather then medical grade silicon and have a greater likelihood of leaking. Some were implanted by doctors at hospitals in the CAJA system where they were for reconstructive surgery after mastectomies not for breast enlargement. In those incidents the CAJA has said they will remove them.

The company PIP has closed up so there is no recourse against the company for those who have a need for removal because of leaking implants. The CAJA initially said that they would also remove, free of charge, implants done by private clinics for breast enlargement reasons at no charge. They later backed off that position.

In one reported incident a women who had the implants done at Clinica Biblica tried to get them to remove them free of charge. She was told by the hospital that they only "rented" the surgical suite to the doctor and therefore had no obligation to her.

What the eventual solution for those that had implants done at private clinic will be remains to be seen. Perhaps Colombia has a government health system that will assist women who had implants done by private clinic.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:27 pm 

Interesting development. Before my friend had a chance to tell her no, she wrote and told him to forget about it. She said she was sorry for asking and it was not right for her to do so. She will earn the money some other way. The cynical part of me thinks she just realized that she was about to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Oh well crisis averted, and our next trip in March has a green light.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:59 am 

Vmonger wrote:
Interesting development. Before my friend had a chance to tell her no, she wrote and told him to forget about it. She said she was sorry for asking and it was not right for her to do so. She will earn the money some other way. The cynical part of me thinks she just realized that she was about to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Oh well crisis averted, and our next trip in March has a green light.

Gee, I wonder how??? :shock: :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:20 pm 

V, not sure if she is smart enough to be devious, but that is exactly how I would advise a chica to play it. With that kind of followup, many guys would let their guard down and think "see, she is really a good girl". While she may not have played it that way purposely, that is con 101. That is a beautiful play for a future setup. Of course it was probably simpler than that as I haven't found any smart enough to really play the con. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:36 am 

Thirdworld wrote:
Of course it was probably simpler than that as I haven't found any smart enough to really play the con. :D

She has a degree in accounting and used to teach chess for a living. I think my friend may as well sign over his soul now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:51 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

The cost quoted is a warning sign to me. From what I understood, implants are cheaper in Colombia than CR. So why would removal be more than here? If he can do it, and he's really concerned for her health, make the trip and pay the doc at his office rather than just sending $$ to her.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:25 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Flyboy wrote:
The cost quoted is a warning sign to me. From what I understood, implants are cheaper in Colombia than CR. So why would removal be more than here? If he can do it, and he's really concerned for her health, make the trip and pay the doc at his office rather than just sending $$ to her.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

"I'm not one those pathetic lietuenant colonels working a silly civilian job, working out two hours a day trying to reclaim a body they lost 20 years ago and four hours a night completing War College by correspondence in a sad attempt at colonel. Tyler Durden told us [i]'Self improvement is masturbation[/i].' My mid-life crisis is going to involve a new sports car, or the zoftig redhead with daddy issues in accounting, or better yet, racking up frequent flyer miles going to Pattaya."