www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

For several years, I dealt with the US immigration issues when I was playing Captain Sav-A-Ho and learned about the difficulties of getting a chica a VISA to come to the US to live. I found the best and cheapest way is to enroll them in Berlitz in San Jose and then bring them to the US on a student VISA. This is just a premise for my actual question. Perhaps it's just a mental masturbation session, but it may be stupid enough to work while protecting our dumb asses at the same time.

Some of us guys fall in love with the young girls in Costa Rica and want to save them by bringing them to the US. It happens. I've seen me do it. The Marital VISA and the Fiance VISA are expensive, time consuming and difficult. I wonder if we old guys could adopt the chica instead of marrying her - adopt her in CR. That certainly might overcome the issue of divorce and alimony. She's over 18, so US Ch*ld support/alimony would not be an issue except for any of her Ch*ldren that you adopt. It also might protect you from having to give her a split of your assets if a divorce happens.

The wealthy dude in Palm Beach who just adopted his 42 yr old gringa girlfriend rather than marry her may have opened a door that needs to be explored. It seems there is no incest issue since she is not a lineal descendant of the guy. I just wonder how US immigration would view this if you adopted a chica in CR and then applied to bring her to the US on a student VISA or as your daughter. You could also apply to change her last name to yours so to all in the US it appears that you are married. You may or may not have to also adopt her Ch*ldren.

I'm just asking the question, in case we have any bright minds here on CRT that might know how or if this might work as I have dreamed it could. :roll: You might think it's a stupid question, but it might be doable with the application of the CR laws and the US immigration laws so much based upon blind following of the laws without using any judgement. :D

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:01 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Quote:
I wonder if we old guys could adopt the chica instead of marrying her - adopt her in CR. That certainly might overcome the issue of divorce and alimony. She's over 18, so US Ch*ld support/alimony would not be an issue except for any of her Ch*ldren that you adopt. It also might protect you from having to give her a split of your assets if a divorce happens.

I guess anything is possible, but the adoption process in CR, and immigration in the US would involve most of your time and much of your money. You will have a difficult time convincing immigration that your intentions are genuinely altruistic. :roll:

If you really have your heart set on adoption, though... go for it:

http://theadoptionguide.com/options/ado ... -costarica

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/ ... 2ca60aRCRD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:57 am 

I think Frank Costanza in Seinfeld would have said "That's Pavoise!!! Just kidding, very interesting idea. Should be explored and researched.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:31 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Didn't know you could adopt someone who is legally an adult.. I learned something today.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 pm 

Lennydo wrote:
For several years, I dealt with the US immigration issues when I was playing Captain Sav-A-Ho and learned about the difficulties of getting a chica a VISA to come to the US to live. I found the best and cheapest way is to enroll them in Berlitz in San Jose and then bring them to the US on a student VISA. This is just a premise for my actual question. Perhaps it's just a mental masturbation session, but it may be stupid enough to work while protecting our dumb asses at the same time.

Some of us guys fall in love with the young girls in Costa Rica and want to save them by bringing them to the US. It happens. I've seen me do it. The Marital VISA and the Fiance VISA are expensive, time consuming and difficult. I wonder if we old guys could adopt the chica instead of marrying her - adopt her in CR. That certainly might overcome the issue of divorce and alimony. She's over 18, so US Ch*ld support/alimony would not be an issue except for any of her Ch*ldren that you adopt. It also might protect you from having to give her a split of your assets if a divorce happens.

The wealthy dude in Palm Beach who just adopted his 42 yr old gringa girlfriend rather than marry her may have opened a door that needs to be explored. It seems there is no incest issue since she is not a lineal descendant of the guy. I just wonder how US immigration would view this if you adopted a chica in CR and then applied to bring her to the US on a student VISA or as your daughter. You could also apply to change her last name to yours so to all in the US it appears that you are married. You may or may not have to also adopt her Ch*ldren.

I'm just asking the question, in case we have any bright minds here on CRT that might know how or if this might work as I have dreamed it could. :roll: You might think it's a stupid question, but it might be doable with the application of the CR laws and the US immigration laws so much based upon blind following of the laws without using any judgement. :D

Lenny, the jury is out on wether the guy can "adopt" his 42 year old girlfriend - the back story is the guy is charged with vehicular homicide and the reason he is wanting to adopt her is to protect assets (he has money in trust - for his Ch*ldren - the real ones :roll: - of approx 100 million) There is zero assurance that the courts will allow this obvious sham - lots more to the story, and this would not be an issue if the crime was not a huge part of the story - you left out this little detail :roll: :P

While you rase an interesting issue, the whole thing is dumb - if you are 60+ and you want to take a girl young enough to be your grandchild to live w/ you (and Phuck her) - its just a bad idea (and frankly,after reading some of your past posts, you should know better).

Whats the point? Get a girl to come live w/ you on a sham student visa, so you can Phuck her in the USA, then send her back when the visa is up?

Question wrote:
Didn't know you could adopt someone who is legally an adult.. I learned something today.

Yes, you can - the question in the case mentioned in the OP's and my post is wether the courts will allow it b/c its as aparant as can be that its being done for fraudulent purposes.

Lots of info about this case in www.sunsentinel.com or www.miamiherald.com

I personally hope they put this asshole away for 30 years and pay the survivors 50 million.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:55 pm 

I did not find the fiancee VISA process to be neither difficult or expensive. It took 4 months from the time I mailed the forms to the interview and it cost about $500 for the petition and about $300 in other costs (medical exam/bloodwork, getting documents, etc).

There is no quick/free way. A older man adopting an adult woman would never pass. They are not that stupid, they would see right through it. Don't waste your time and money.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:00 pm 

And remember, it is not good to take wildlife out of it's natural habitat.. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:27 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

It seems based upon the comments by Scuba1 and Orange maybe I should have posted this in the Smack Talk section instead of the Novia section. :lol:

Yes, Scuba1, even though my head can be rather thick when around young pu*sy, I know better now after having been lucky as hell to get out unscathed from my prior foolishness playing Captain Sav-A-Ho. None-the-less, it was fun and it cost me less that any other chica that I ever let live with me, and much less than when I was foolish enough to marry them. :roll: 8)

I agree with you; the best way to bring a chica to the US is via a student VISA thru Berlitz and your local US college providing ESOL programs in participation with Berlitz. However, for the guys whose focus is a girl not willing or able to go to Berlitz, it may be an alternative to getting married to her. Some times in CR (and in the US), the seemingly impossible surprisingly becomes the easiest approach because it's not very crowded. I've not investigated this approach, but thought that you guys here on CRT might have some insight, and it appears that's true. Thanks for your comments. :)

BlueDevil, your comments and links were spot on.

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:29 am 

Don't worry Len- it is time honored tradition for people folks on CRT to 1) give unsolicited relationship advice 2) give advice that demands a bit more assessment and a degree in helping profession 3) talk out of their ass and judge others...

I would suggest an hour consult with a good attorney that has some specialization in international adoptions/immigration. Could be worth the money..

Now, that said, I would suggest a few hours with your best pal or a good therapist to help you think it through- can't hurt..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:38 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Thirdworld wrote:
And remember, it is not good to take wildlife out of it's natural habitat.. :D

A lesson I have learned well... I now practice catch and release... Never been happier...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:42 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Gweiss wrote:
like being able to put up $300,000 to $500,000 for a business,

WTF, that better be some gold-plated panocha!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:18 am 

[quote="Hank Daman"]Don't worry Len- it is time honored tradition for people folks on CRT to 1) give unsolicited relationship advice 2) give advice that demands a bit more assessment and a degree in helping profession 3) talk out of their ass and judge others...
I would suggest an hour consult with a good attorney that has some specialization in international adoptions/immigration. Could be worth the money..

Now, that said, I would suggest a few hours with your best pal or a good therapist to help you think it through- can't hurt..[/quote]

C'mon Hank - when someone puts out anything on the board, its fair game to comment about.

What started this was a fraud based on an asshole who was driving drunk and killed someone, then left the scene (in FL - what a surprise :roll: ) - the whole adoption idea was to protect assets - to "adopt" a person (for sex for god sakes) past the age of majority just struck me a creepy; weird even.

Sorry, but I don't view the board's mission is to validate every strange or bad idea - I'm not saying anything personally disrespectful to Lenny, but what did I write that was wrong or off base - I don't think you really believe "adopting" a working girl is a good idea, right? Plus, Lenny solicited comments - don't ask if you don't want the feedback :)

All the above said, I am in total agreement with your last paragraph.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:55 am 

Scuba1 wrote:
[quote="Hank Daman"]Don't worry Len- it is time honored tradition for people folks on CRT to 1) give unsolicited relationship advice 2) give advice that demands a bit more assessment and a degree in helping profession 3) talk out of their ass and judge others...

Now, that said, I would suggest a few hours with your best pal or a good therapist to help you think it through- can't hurt..[/quote]

C'mon Hank - when someone puts out anything on the board, its fair game to comment about.

What started this was a fraud based on an asshole who was driving drunk and killed someone, then left the scene (in FL - what a surprise :roll: ) - the whole adoption idea was to protect assets - to "adopt" a person (for sex for god sakes) past the age of majority just struck me a creepy; weird even.

Sorry, but I don't view the board's mission is to validate every strange or bad idea - I'm not saying anything personally disrespectful to Lenny, but what did I write that was wrong or off base - I don't think you really believe "adopting" a working girl is a good idea, right? Plus, Lenny solicited comments - don't ask if you don't want the feedback :)

All the above said, I am in total agreement with your last paragraph.[/quote][/quote]

We are not in disagreement- you are entitled to your option, and of course when someone puts out their ideas, they will get feedback; you just gave feedback, so did I.

In truth, there are a lot of things that stick me as creepy, and given my profession, that says something. That said, 20 years of being in mental health has taught me that people are far more complex than they often seem on the surface.

Yeah, its an odd idea, but, I believe the chica is a legal adult, and has lived with him before, so they both know what they are getting themsleves into. He also has admitted that it is a pretty bad idea, but he is willing to roll with it, and probably gets what the end game is (as Mr. T said about in his prediction of the outcome of his fight with rocky, PAIN).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:12 am 

Fair enough, Hank :lol: You are just a tad ( :lol: :P :lol: ) more diplomatic than I :)

(If we are telling truths, I didn't like your first paragraph in the original post [reread it - tad harsh, no - and you were directing it at either me or Orange ] - but we are fine - I like your posts and in fact, commented on one very favorably yesterday :) )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 am 

Orange: Was that out of CR? Any tips re: the process and the interview?