www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:39 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Or for that matter a real email address to contractual labor. it is a bunisee deal plain and simple. before the bellowing starts i am not wanting to squat on someone else parade but my story which i choose to stay anonymous over, is the same tattered tale that has been told over and over again on this site. do not give out your personal information to contractual labor. it is a business deal that does not need to haunt you years after the deed was done.
i made a stupid choice to give out my home telephone number to a long forgotten favorite who was suppose to hold it dear to her heart. but then the irate phone calls started about a six months ago and a year after i stop seeing her. it was a male person who spoke with broken english inquiring into my relationship with this certain contractual laborer. the person started off concerned for her well being but the phone call quickly turned to how much $ i was sending in the way of support for her Ch*ldren (3).
at first, i was muffed, and though who the hell is this person.
well this person turned out to be the contractual laborer's esposo and he was demanding a monthly payment of $$$ per month.
at first, i did not take this person seriously but the harassing phone calls went from a few a month into twenty to thirty a day. there was no other reason for the calls except to extort money. after spending $$ to change the number, i felt compelled to warn others that is ok to P4P, but it is unwise to give out your home telephone number to anyone other than the hotel or a wingman. never give out your number to contractual labor.

i choose to stay anonymous and not reply

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:56 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Let's see experts crawling out of the woodwork for this one... :D Tend to agree with you although it was more funny for me than any problems. Back in the day when I drank very heavily and hit the Del Rey, SL or old Zona Blue I would give my number out to lots. I would forget about it and get sporadic calls from time to time. Especially when holidays were coming up and me living at the beach. Funny stuff. Let the wisdom flow.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:06 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I have a pay as you go hobby phone. I´ve given that out, no biggie. I´ve never gotten unwanted harrassing calls, but if I did, changing the number is rather trivial.

I´ve also had no problem giving out my hobby e-mail address.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:07 pm 

It is a good idea to create a separate email account for Costa Rica/Traveling. This is free. You can access this account from public computers without worry as well. Plus you can store all your friends phone numbers in the contact section and access them from anywhere.

You can get a Magic Jack line with phone number for $19.99 and toss it in the trash at any time.

In Costa Rica I have two separate phones. My main line and one for Chicas. If I'm with a girl, I simply turn the Chica phone off.

NOTE: You have to take special precaution because these girls are sneaky. They will have one of your friends call you just to get your number from his phone. One girl did this with my security guard one night.

* RENT but, "Don't Buy a Home in Costa Rica" until you have lived here for THREE years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:21 pm 

One more quick thing to think about to is that they can call and wake you up at odd hours if you don't turn off your ringer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:55 pm 

It is unimaginable to most of us how immature the girls we deal with are. Even locals (Ticos) will tell you this about 'working' girls. To many of them, nothing is off limits and nothing is sacred.

They live for drama. You getting fired from your job, missing a plane, or even getting arrested is part of the Soap Opera for them. They don't have any of our values.

It never hurts to take all precautions.

This may come across as bitter but quite the contrary. In business I saved a ton of money by avoiding lawsuits rather than fighting/settling them.

* RENT but, "Don't Buy a Home in Costa Rica" until you have lived here for THREE years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:10 pm 

Drama? No Way! haha Always fun to overhear the drama some guy is going through that didn't know any better than to give chicas his primary number. Can be side splitting at times....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:20 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Refurbished Motorola Razr unlocked GSM phone - $45
SIM card - $15

Problem solved for less then a session costs. :P A few chicas have my home number but it's never been an issue. Then again, I live alone and have no need to "hide" my activities from anyone.

Emails are not an issue, IMO. I mean I get 50 spam emails a day... it's not hard to hit delete.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:54 pm 

I've posted about this in the past; by all means take their info but don't give out yours - there is so little percentage in it - guys post about giving out all sorts of info - home #, cell #, home address, facebook info, et al - why?? For what possible purpose?

I can think of a dozen senarios that if they have your info that are not beneficial to you - in almost all cases, its a business transaction, nothing more - you may like them, and vice versa, but they are not friends in the traditional sense - if you doubt me, call one up and say you don't have any $$$$ and see if she shows up at your room - you have a better chance of seeing Jesus..... :lol: :P :lol:

While everyone in the USA it seems is all "wired up" thats not the case in Costa Rica - just say you don't have internet or a cell phone, and they will not rase an eyebrow.

PS I "get it" that they change cell phone numbers frequently, mostly due to non payment of the bill - but if you have their e mail address and need to contact them, that should work.

Less info they have about you the better.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:24 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I had an unusual call at about 11pm the other night . A tico called me and stated that he and one of my regular chicas were in a relationship. That was about all I could understand. I told him no habla Espanol and hung up. He called once more a few minutes later, I repeated the same. It is kind of funny since my last trip ,I dodged her the whole time. She finally caught up with me in the Sportsman. I had already decided to say Next. He did not call from her phone. I am going to call her and tell her to lose my number and no longer will I see her. I will not tell you her name but I will give you a hint. K---y. Have any of you guys had the same experience? I have a feeling he was going down her phone list and telling the world. He is going to put her out of the business . Who wants a jealous tico calling or following you around.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 am 

59Vette wrote:
................. A tico called me and stated that he and one of my regular chicas were in a relationship. ................................ Have any of you guys had the same experience? .....................

Yes, many times. I used to date a lot of newbie girls, part-time workers, 'non-working' neighborhood girls and girls that just sneak off to San Jose once or twice a month. Plus it was my MO to exchange numbers with girls for them to call me when they wanted to come over.

I also have had a Gringo or two call me asking about the love if his life. lol, sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:23 pm 

That is always good for a laugh. Especially if you tell him some of the nasty things you have done with her recently. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:51 pm 

59Vette wrote:
I had an unusual call at about 11pm the other night . A tico called me and stated that he and one of my regular chicas were in a relationship.

The obvious response would have been "How does my C*ck taste?" or in Spanish "Como sabe mi picha?" :lol: Or even better... "como sabe mi leche?" :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:18 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

This may make me look like a dumbass, but hell it's just my rep. Years ago (2007 I think) I called a Nica from my home phone because I thought they didn't have Caller ID in CR or that it was too expensive for them. Imagine my surprise when she called me at 2am with an RFM.