www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:10 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Maybe I had the "save a ho" complex cause I married both a colombian and a tica. The tica was the real thing, a student at UCR and smart. She finished school in the states, and she was a keeper but I messed up. The colombian was a parasite (not a pro) but it worked out the same thing. She lied and told me she was educated but it was a load. Still trying to get completely free of her even through out divorce was final in Oct 2010. The paisa will never change, she will never improve her situation and I am sure she is desparate to find a new "host". The tica will always be someone worth knowing. Anyway, planning on retiring soon and since my dad lives in CR, I plan to spend some time. The posts I have read seem like good advice, Im hoping they will help me from getting in over my head again. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:54 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Rolling Rolling Rolling................................................
Rolltide

Rollin Rollin Rollin
Though the streams are swolling
Keep them chicas rollin Rolltide

Rain and wind and weather
Held bent for leather
Wishing my gal was by my side

All the things I'm missing
Good vittles love and kissing
Are waiting at the end of my ride

Move 'em on head' em up
Head 'em up move' em up
Move 'em on head' em up
Rolltide
Count 'em out , ride 'em in
Ride 'em in count 'em out
Count 'em out, ride 'em in
Rolltide

Keep moving moving moving
Though their disapproving
Keep them chicas movin Rolltide

Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope throw and brand'em
Soon we'll be living high and wide

My hearts calculating
My true love will be waiting
Be waiting at the end of my RIDE

Move 'em on head' em up
Head 'em up move' em on
Move 'em on head' em up
Rolltide
Count 'em out ride 'em in
Ride 'em in count 'em out
Count 'em out ride 'em in
Rolltide

* RENT but, "Don't Buy a Home in Costa Rica" until you have lived here for THREE years.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:28 pm 
Not sure Slinky should be in the same category as Rolltide. :o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:53 pm 

I agree ,,,,rolltide was the one and only rolltide ....I still go back now and then and read the saga ......of the one and only rolltide !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:04 pm 

I just think it's tougher to play this game than one might think. Anytime you get intimate with someone there is a tendency to get involved. I think many of the latinas know that. They arent just working the purse strings they are to work the emotional strings. This is probably an almost natural thing to do, since it's part of their life.
My ex (the colombiana) played emotional blackmail with anyone she could. She will always be a victim and always try to attract someone to help her out. Her scam is believable, cause she will always be dependent and never have control of her life.
Many of the women I have met in Colombia are not interested in someone in their age/demograhic cause they know these men will not provide for their seemingly endless needs. The solution is the Gringo.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:53 pm 

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
My experience is that they all have endless needs. Ticas, Colombianas, Dominicanas..doesn't matter. Seems the only solution to every problem in the world is either a material item or money. It's a catch 22 having a relationship with a latina on any level other than by the hour. :-) Don't want to be hypocrital, I still continue with my Colombiana (from Tumaco, living in Quilla).

dapanz1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:20 pm 

Quote:
Don't want to be hypocrital, I still continue with my Colombiana (from Tumaco, living in Quilla).

I'm in my 4th year with my paisita from Medellin. I don't know how she puts up with me. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:41 pm 

My ex Colombiana was not all bad. The first 4 out 8 years of our marriage was awesome. I brought her to live with me in California, and I can tell you I was the envy of many of my male coworkers...she was hot.

Overtime, she learned about her "entitlements" and she became a big time financial liability, so much so that I came close to losing nearly everything I worked for over the last 40 years.

I thank god I got out with minimal damage, so be careful.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:52 pm 

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
I hear you Slinky. So far, my Colombiana is not bad. Doesn't really ask for much. But, as time has passed the demands have increased steadily. Part of that is the level of the relationship. Obviously the more commitment emotionally, the more plans you make for the future, the more it will ultimately cost. This is normal here or there or anywhere for that matter. The problem we consistently face here is that they get hip to the game. They see that our pockets, in general, are deeper than their average novio in their home country. Whether it be CR, Colombia or DR or anywhere.

My girl is super hot too. I know if I ever bring her here it will be only a matter of time before she gets wise. She swears she will sign a prenup. Her idea, not mine. That in itself makes me wonder. But, who knows. I do know her tits will get her anything she wants from anyone she wants. But so far she seems very grounded. As usual. Time will tell. I know this much, I'll be ass deep in it in 6 days. :-)

dapanz1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:19 am 

Slinky2011 wrote:
My ex Colombiana was not all bad. The first 4 out 8 years of our marriage was awesome. I brought her to live with me in California, and I can tell you I was the envy of many of my male coworkers...she was hot.

Overtime, she learned about her "entitlements" and she became a big time financial liability, so much so that I came close to losing nearly everything I worked for over the last 40 years.

I thank god I got out with minimal damage, so be careful.

One can spend the remainder of a life waiting for the other shoe to drop... or make the most out of the relationship and enjoy it to the fullest. Yeah, who knows, the relationship may just work out. :wink: ... and then again... maybe not. :|

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:53 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

[/quote]

One can spend the remainder of a life waiting for the other shoe to drop... or make the most out of the relationship and enjoy it to the fullest. Yeah, who knows, the relationship may just work out. :wink: ... and then again... maybe not. :|[/quote]

Doesn't matter. To the chagrin of my wife in the US I've been with my Tica wife for 4 years. I visit SJO about once a month for 1 - 1 1/2 weeks at a pop. We have an apartment in Rohrmoser. She has a budget to live within, including the rent. In 4 years not the first RFM. And she makes me very, very happy. Yes, I've given her a lot, taken her to Panama, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay and other places. Our relationship is very open, we enjoy the swinger lifestyle when I'm in town and we're closer now than we've ever been. (no she doesn't fool around when I'm out of town & she's never been a puta)

But at the end of the day, I can pay my bills and if this relationship fails, it'll be time to build the next.

(she was Tica of the month for February.....scroll back a few pages to see photos)

/dddick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:35 pm 

It may seem that I am having trouble moving on... but I believe the marraige to my ex-colombiana is/was a good life lesson for me. I think that sharing my views with others in a simular situation may help me solidify what I learned from this experience and hopefully apply this to the next situation. After all I am still young enough to appreciate a relationship with another latina.
I think Women/latinas are much better at hiding their real intentions in a relationship than men. But I think you really get to know the real person when you divorce them.
It is apparent to me that my ex still believes that our marriage meant she would be taken care for the rest of life by me, regardless or actions or divorce. For example, while we were married she got pregnant by someone else (?) and still expected for me be daddy and support her and the bastard.
I gotta believe a good portion, if not the majority, of the Colombianas I have met believe that marriage to a gringo is like winnng the lottery (i.e. set for life). This is completely contrary to our notion that they will be a partner that will share even what we consider to be a minimal portion of the responsibilties (financial & emotional) that a marriage requires.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:09 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Slinky2011 wrote:
It may seem that I am having trouble moving on... but I believe the marraige to my ex-colombiana is/was a good life lesson for me. I think that sharing my views with others in a simular situation may help me solidify what I learned from this experience and hopefully apply this to the next situation. After all I am still young enough to appreciate a relationship with another latina.
I think Women/latinas are much better at hiding their real intentions in a relationship than men. But I think you really get to know the real person when you divorce them.
It is apparent to me that my ex still believes that our marriage meant she would be taken care for the rest of life by me, regardless or actions or divorce. For example, while we were married she got pregnant by someone else (?) and still expected for me be daddy and support her and the bastard.
I gotta believe a good portion, if not the majority, of the Colombianas I have met believe that marriage to a gringo is like winnng the lottery (i.e. set for life). This is completely contrary to our notion that they will be a partner that will share even what we consider to be a minimal portion of the responsibilties (financial & emotional) that a marriage requires.

Now why would they believe that? If you engage in materialism I can tell you that you'll suffer the consequences.

How having said that, I believe most women engaged in looking for a Western Husband know in most cases their lives would receive an upgrade. Things are improving in some countries where men seek brides, however that is still highly dependent on level of education and geographical location.

What you need to change is your MO, your MO should be I'm looking for a life partner, not a hot wife... Most women involved in this are pretty, so that's a given, focus on the the shit that's important, looks ain't one of them.

I should also add, that positive examples are very important. Does the women in question know her father??? Are her parents still together and happy?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:19 am 

The parents of my ex-colombinana wife were married for 40 + years until her father died a couple years ago.

Of the many colombian women I've met, she was certainly only a 6 on that scale. She won me over by what I mistook was her affection for me. I now believe this was really more her desparation to marry someone become dependent upon.

But that's just my opinion and maybe the Panamanian Judge who resided over our divorce, since he made it clear that was how he felt about her at the hearing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:15 pm 
Y'all (you all-for those who don't speak southern) crazy working your whole life then given it away to some high class hoe, by third world and "developing country" standards, and thinking you're in love. Some of y'all washed up on the whole I love you scenario. Better get your mind right and love your money before you love a hoe. I think the majority of you-young and old-lack self-respect, if that don't help ya I dont know what will. Maybe live the life of rolltide and your either develop self-respect or kill yourself. Does anybody know if rolltide is alive or did he commit suicide?