www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:13 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I wrote earlier regarding sending money I know that answer and applied it and I will apply the advice from this post as well. I am seriously thinking about moving to the CR this May. I have read never have novia unless you live there and that rule applies here in USA, long distance is not conducive to a good relationship.

My question is this if I move to CR is there any successful stories in regards to a relationship with a working girl. Knowing that you only have a 50/50 chance at success in USA and personally being in that statistic what are they odds regarding this type relationship. I read the failure posts but I not found any posts regarding success.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:23 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Plenty of girls around who like gringos without the drama of working girls. If it is a relationship you want, don't mix it with p4p.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:06 pm 

The successful relationships I see in CR always have one thing in common...the gringo knows spanish...

If you aren't on your way to fluency, I wonder how that could work regardless of destination...just sayin'. :|

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:35 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

This never ceases to amaze me, why would any right thinking person marry a prostitute? Three days ago, a friend of mine shot himself in the head. I had a conversation today, with a co-worker, how could he possibly do that, what is going on in his life or head, what was so bad?....My friend replied, "He was not thinking rationally like you and I, we will never know",....so,..there ya go... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:04 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I would never marry a working girl date have fun yes and that’s about it. I just want to know if anybody has had success in relationship. Lets just be honest there decent working girls along with the bad and that goes for non-working girls as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:06 pm 

Sounds like you have decided.. Enjoy the ride. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:47 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I have yet to decide whether or not I am moving to CR let alone going out with a working girl. All I am asking is has anybody has had success in relationship with working girl.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:58 pm 

Azsunnydaze wrote:
All I am asking is has anybody has had success in relationship with working girl.

It all depends on how one defines "success" in a relationship whether it be a working chica or a non pro.
There are so many factors, opinions, ideas, needs, desires involved that, YES, one can say they have/had a successful relationship, but to someone else it might not seem like a successful relationship.

How much time does it take to be a successful relationship?? a month, 3 months, 6, a year, a life time? both parties being fateful? true love or lust? stc. etc. etc.

Personally, when I first moved here, I had a relationship with a working chica for over a year. Yes we had a ball together; yes we thought we were in love; yes almost everything was great most of the time. Yes she worked during most of the time; yes I did other chicas (with her knowledge); yes we did 3somes - she was very very BI (infact she has lived with her "girlfriend" who supports her for the last 3 years); Yes I spent a lot of money on her (and her K*ds); would I do it again? I honestly do not know!! Does this a successful relationship make??? Depends on who and how you look at it.

I have a good friend who has been in a relationship with a former working chica for over a year now. He still spends a lot of his time in the states but has a place here (she lives in their apartment). She no longer works at all, she seems to really love him, worries constantly about how much money (his) she spends, and seems to really appreciate all he does for her but never takes advantage of him. And she is also BI and they do 3somes (she almost always picks the chica). Is this a succesful relationship? Sure seems to me that it is, but only time will tell for sure.

BUT; for every one like this, there are a 100 that did not last hardly anytime, were filled with constant fighting, jealousy, and distrust. With the chica expecting the gringo to take care of(fianically) her entire family; lying, cheating, fighting, even stealing. One of the most common problems seems to be the gringos inability to look at things the way she does (and the way all latinos look at things) Even what may seem like a little thing like 'sense of humor', can cause a mountain of problems.

The language barrior can be, and usually is, the biggest problem. I will never understand how any gringo can think he can have a relationship with someone he can not communicate with. To ALL working chicas (and non-pros here also), if you are a gringo, you are 'rich'; and based on their standards, all gringos are "rich'; and as a result, if she wants something and you say "no" because of money, she will never understand because you are "rich'- to her it will be a sign that you do not love her. Even if you are living here on nothing but SS, that will still be over 3 times the average income in CR, therefore, you have a lot of money compared to what she is more than likely use to. And working chicas especially are notorious for not knowing how to manage money, nor save for a rainy day.

The one common factor I have noticed in almost every relationship that has lasted for any length of time and has seemed to be successful: AN OPEN RELATIONSHIP!! meaning , no jealously, no demands of fidelity, no lies, no secrets.

One other thing; Most of us (mongers) are middle aged (or over), over weight, past our prime sexually, set in our ways, trying to keep (or recover) our youth, and are use to the "American way of live". The ONLY thing we really have going for us is the idea that we are 'rich'!!! Thinking a 20-25 year old latina hottie is going to be happy with all that when she could have a hot blooded young latino stud, especially when the newness of the "money" wears off (and it will), is not very smart on a gringo's part!!!!

JMHO and remember, there are exceptions to everything, and every case is different.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:00 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

The spanish is key, and knowing their culture a bit, soccer and a few dance steps go along way. It also gets other chicas to take notice of you. Ordering drinks and food and making them laugh in their own language is huge points, it should almost be mandatory that gringos practice spanish during happy hour and in the taxis. :P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:47 am 

If you move to CR, even if your Spanish is very limited and you are not totally unattractive to women, you will have no problem getting "regular" women to go out with. The reason that guys go for prostitutes in the gulch is because they are user friendly; big tits, speaks English (some) have a set of low expectations, and they know the drill. If you have time, apply some effort and you won't have to deal with the "user friendlies", however, regular ticas will have a whole different set of dramas to lay on you. Good luck. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:00 am 

Speaking the language is key. Also not letting yourself run wild like a k*d in a candy store unless you want to look the other way on bad decisions you may or may not make. I say play the game as your foolish heart desires just don't end up being the fool.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:54 am 

My experiences with novias in CR:

a. WORKING GIRLS.....It was all about the money. If the money were removed from the equation, they would have had nothing to do with me.

b. NON-WORKING GIRLS.....The relationship moved so s-l-o-w-l-y. I soon realized I didn't have the time or the patience for it.

Rent by the hour and keep your emotions in check. It'll save you a lot of heartache and financial turmoil.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:15 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I've enjoyed reading this post. My spanish is lacking to say the least. I don't want to waste my time trying to learn if it's not the right way. Therefore, what is a good way for me to learn Spanish?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:25 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Once a working girl, always a working girl...

Unless you can get them out of the life very quickly, the profession warps their brains to where ever man is just a mark, waiting to be worked...

Just sayin'...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:50 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I agree with most of what has been said here. If you are serious, I suggest you bang the working girls in the morning to keep your feller happy, then get away from the gulch area and shop for a regular gal. Even if your Spanish is poor, you should be able to do just fine. My novia/esposa has been teaching me Spanish steadily for 3 1/2 years and I'm getting better & better, unfortunately limited because I only visit about once every 3 - 5 weeks.

I also agree with the open relationship comments, though most Ticas are Catholic and will start out with a very closed mind with many things. We now enjoy a very open, swinger-type relationship that we have both learned to enjoy the hell out of. BTW - when I'm not in town she doesn't play around; when I return we have several nights at the club (across from the Amistad) and the piscina nudista in Pocora which has a swinger party every Saturday night.

My little 33 y/o is a boon to my 58 y/o heart and body, I can assure you.

BTW -- my experience dating local gals is almost none will screw on the first date, almost all will screw before the end of the 3rd date, so it's not like you're going to have to work your ass off to develop a relationship before you start enjoying it.

/dddick