www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sending money newbie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:58 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I just joined this site after my trip to CR and the DR didn’t stay there but had a great time while there. I fortunately ran into guy who belonged to this site and recommended I join. I read several postings regarding sending money and a rather ironic thing happened. This chica gave me here phone # I did stay in touch, well just after I started reading the posts regarding sending money here comes the pitch line "I need to have wisdom teeth fixed but don’t have the money" she left it at that...... Thank goodness I read a post regarding sending money and how these chicas work it.

Thanks for the heads up!!!!! I actually read the posts and followed the advice "don’t send them nickel"

Post subject: Re: Sending money newbie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:03 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up!!!!! I actually read the posts and followed the advice "don’t send them nickel"

You bastard! :lol:

dapanz1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:19 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

you were wise to read up on the posts and not get suckered

..unfortuneately, from what i hear some of these chicas still have sugar daddys from the states sending them money.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:07 am 

It happens frequently.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:11 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I understand from a very good source the barmaids at the DR are the worst ones for RFMs to the newbies. They find out he's new in CR and after milking him like a stripper for drinks (shots) at the DR bars, they might go back to his hotel room if they think he has some $$. Once he's convinced that she's in love with him, the RFMs start.

They seem to see it as a status symbol based upon how many gringos they have on the hook sending them $$. Even after all that I have seen in CR, I admit I was shocked when I was told recently that one guy bought her a new bed ($2,800) for her house, another guy bought her a wide screen TV, another guy sent her $800 for her baby's school and yet another guy gave her $300+ to pay her cell phone bill that allows her to keep in constant contact with all the guys while they are back in the US. She said that most all of the guys bought her clothes at Multi-plaza before they left town. As a barmaid at the DR, she can typically make $2,000 per month just tending bar, so it's not that she needs it, but that she wants it. She was upset that guys had bought some of the other girls a car and that she had not yet been able to convince a guy to do that, but she's only been at it for a few months - so far. :shock: :roll:

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:51 am 

Azsunnydaze, seeing that we saved you a bundle of dinero you ought to pony up and become a lifetime member. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:45 am 

Quote:
Lennydo
I understand from a very good source the barmaids at the DR are the worst ones for RFMs to the newbies. They find out he's new in CR and after milking him like a stripper for drinks (shots) at the DR bars, they might go back to his hotel room if they think he has some $$. Once he's convinced that she's in love with him, the RFMs start.

They seem to see it as a status symbol based upon how many gringos they have on the hook sending them $$. Even after all that I have seen in CR, I admit I was shocked when I was told recently that one guy bought her a new bed ($2,800) for her house, another guy bought her a wide screen TV, another guy sent her $800 for her baby's school and yet another guy gave her $300+ to pay her cell phone bill that allows her to keep in constant contact with all the guys while they are back in the US. She said that most all of the guys bought her clothes at Multi-plaza before they left town. As a barmaid at the DR, she can typically make $2,000 per month just tending bar, so it's not that she needs it, but that she wants it. She was upset that guys had bought some of the other girls a car and that she had not yet been able to convince a guy to do that, but she's only been at it for a few months - so far.

Yeah, every time I see something like this I cringe as this kind of thing spoils the entire environment for everyone and Yes, I know the issue has been discussed ad nauseum. I think what basically happens is the average Gringo brings his stereotypical behavior of using money to impress the ladies and transposes it on to the Ticas who will gladly accommodate him. The funny thing is that the average Tico has got it the way it should be with the ladies working to support him!! :lol:

I learned my lesson and I may tip for good service, but it is 10% and nothing more, but where most Ticos don't tip, that 10% is appreciated. And I never take a hooker's contact information or at least never give her mine. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:33 pm 

Several ex's peddling their wares at the beach.. I see a few around that are getting a little long in the tooth... :) Easier just to keep it never give money.. I know never say never. Double 0 hits on the roulette wheel sometimes, but ya ain't gonna bet on it...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:49 pm 

That may very well be (using money to impress the ladies) but I think that Gringos are a soft touch. Perhaps we enjoy sharing because many of us have a “rescuer” mentality; we enjoy coming to the rescue. We also enjoy sharing because we know we are lucky to have what we have.

Earning money in the US and buying the nicer things of life is not all that hard as compared to the desperate dog-eat-dog third world of places like CR.

Although we may sound gruff and tough on the outside, we are softer than Jell-o when it comes to wanting to please women. Not to the extent of Alan Harper (Two and a Half Men) but never the less softies.

After a few bitter stings you get over it and become more like Charlie Harper.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:46 pm 

DiegoC, from talking with many of the old timers in Costa Rica, I can assure you that most at one time or another have worn a Captain Save-A-Ho hat. They (we) have seen the enjoyable folly which that is and now are quite pleased to just wear our Captain Do-Da-Ho hat. :roll: :lol:

What I was speaking of is how I was shocked at the competitive mercenary approach the barmaids at DR seem to have adopted to preying on newbies. Their RFMs seem to be more as competition with each other than any real need. Apparently they openly discuss the guys they have on the string and compare notes about the guys while holding them in contempt. It seems every bit as money grubbing bitchy as the worst of the gringas we know in the US. :twisted: :x

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:27 am 

Lennydo wrote:

What I was speaking of is how I was shocked at the competitive mercenary approach the barmaids at DR seem to have adopted to preying on newbies. Their RFMs seem to be more as competition with each other than any real need. Apparently they openly discuss the guys they have on the string and compare notes about the guys while holding them in contempt. It seems every bit as money grubbing bitchy as the worst of the gringas we know in the US. :twisted: :x

Cuidan sus corazones amigos! :idea: :!:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:55 am 

Del Rey Dave wrote:
Azsunnydaze, seeing that we saved you a bundle of dinero you ought to pony up and become a lifetime member. :D

I'm thinking soon, I will go ahead and buy the lifetime, (not just for the flag symbol :wink: ), but this forum has not only helped me in Costa Rica, but given me insight on the the other places I have already been before. Europe, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:52 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

It must have been slow weekend at the DR. I recieved a urgent email/RFM from this chica, "I need help my rent is due" so after her pleaing or lying. I posed some simple questios, how much do you need? $800 next question didnt you save any money this month and what about your wisdom teeth. She had enough ph....ck u and hung up. I been pondering this question is there punta handbook and what section covers RFM from stupid the gringo :). Again thanks to this board I more than likely would have become a victim.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:15 pm 

Yes there is a handbook, tell her to read it because everyone knows the standard first time RFM is $300!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:31 pm 

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
Yeah, she really messed up. The standard RFM for a first timer is $300. Don't worry though, if you accomdate that one it will quickly move up to $500. But $800?

dapanz1