www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:02 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Here is the situation...

Your "favorita" someone who you have a relative history with ... who you have seen on multiple trips (atleast 4), dined out, hung out on the town day and night, done the TLN and simply have had enjoyable times and also who on occasion has presented you with a gift or 2 has presented this scenario.

On the evening prior to your getaway day you just had an unexpected and unplanned TLN. Meaning she was in town (Gringo Gulch) doing her "banking" during the day and you called her and you just simply decided to casually hang out for the day, which led to evening, which led to night, which led to morning. Not necessarily what you had planned for a finale to your trip, but its with one of your sweethearts so no harm no foul and it probably saved you some coin.

As morning turns and you are sitting down to a pleasant goodbye breakfast and have signed her out to bid a goodbye ... she ask to excuse herself from the table to go to the ladies room .... obviously no problem ... you suggest to her that you will watch her bag as she goes because it is a little oversized .... a bag that she routinely carries with presumably all her "girly" stuff....but keep in mine we hooked up in the afternoon and she was far from anticipating being in "work" mode

She quickly said no thanks. For some reason I question her on why ... now granted you know what the obvious answer would/could be. She again sharply replies no thanks. Now I am curious at the tone of her answer ... so I playfully attempt to grab toward her bag ... she then quickly moves it to the other side ... I give her a curious look and she subtly makes the gesture with her finger that she has a firearm in the bag :shock: So of course, I begin to make the move to see if that is truly the case ... she stopped me right in my tracks ... her tone got very abrupt and very stern and her English for the first time is perfect without accent and she says "Sit Down Now!" Like a mother talking to her Ch*ld.

We stared at each other for a second that felt like an hour ... and I broke what seemed to be a long silence by saying "I have known you for 5 months and its the first time you spoke English without an accent that was undeniably understandable" She laughed and I laughed but she assured that I would get nowhere near her bag.

The mind starts wondering of visits current and past and the whereabouts of her "bag". I vaguely remember her keeping her bag almost underneath her on the floor on the side of the bed she was on, but of course made nothing of it.

Not really sure if she was telling the truth about having a firearm or maybe just something she just didn't want me to see. At that moment, I didn't allow for it to take away from a feel good visit and good breakfast.

I did conversationally ask her why she would have a firearm and she alluded to the fact that she was putting money in the bank or transfering money home to her country to her Mom.

Hmmm

Now...I am not a Nervous Nelly or I would hardly be in this sport filled with the potential for many different things to go array, but I started to thinking is this common or is this the exception if she really had something as lethal as a tiny firearm. How different would it be if it were Mase? Or any sort of knife or straight-edge? It makes sense that they have something to protect themselves.

As much as I try to play out scenario's and take precautions ... have I allowed myself to be oblivious to the obvious? I understand she is in a business where she may encounter unsavory characters and she can be in the streets or taking cabs at night with money from her evenings work.

Now...If I take all that happened and all that was said at face value ... do I hang out with her again? Do I allow a TLN ? Will I be able to sleep through the night? Do I insist on a bag search .. and if she doesn't oblige...are all bets off with this chica who has been nothing short of a sweetheart. Do I change the status quo? With other chica's do I assume a "what I dont know wont hurt me mentality?

I'm sure there are varying opinions and experiences...talk to me comrads ...I obviously have my own thoughts and feelings but I would like to hear some others

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:19 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

dude; Put yourself in her shoes. How many different guys does she "sees" in a day, week month? Think about it. Going to a room with someone you have never seen before and have no idea what sort he might be. Not everyone is the perception of what most CRT'rs think that come to this country to play. If the lady is not carrying , she SHOULD BE. I think she is a lady to be respected not feared. Just mind your manners!!!!!!!!!!

tuanis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:41 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Tuanis wrote:
dude; Put yourself in her shoes. How many different guys does she "sees" in a day, week month? Think about it. Going to a room with someone you have never seen before and have no idea what sort he might be. Not everyone is the perception of what most CRT'rs think that come to this country to play. If the lady is not carrying , she SHOULD BE. I think she is a lady to be respected not feared. Just mind your manners!!!!!!!!!!

tuanis

Is this response a joke? If not, it has to be one of the most irresponsible, blatantly foolish posts of all time. Wow, what a tough man.....please.....

Take a look at the statistics, the presence of a firearm greatly increaess the liklyhood of a fatality. Mix in alcohol, and the odds go up astronomically. Now, lets add in the other factors. She shows a side that the poster had not seen before; we therefore can assume she is hiding key aspects of her identity/personality. Might she do coke? (many chicas do). Withdrawl from cocaine often is accompanied by paranoia. Lets add it up...Fire arm, decrease of inhibition, sex and possible passion/emotions (some signifcant time spent together), ect ect.

The decision is not fear verses respect, there is not reason to fear. But nor is there reason to put your life in harms way for a prostitute-bottom line.

I suggest you lovingly move on....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:46 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Traveling wrote:
Here is the situation...

... you suggest to her that you will watch her bag as she goes because it is a little oversized .... a bag that she routinely carries with presumably all her "girly" stuff....but keep in mine we hooked up in the afternoon and she was far from anticipating being in "work" mode

She quickly said no thanks. For some reason I question her on why ... now granted you know what the obvious answer would/could be. She again sharply replies no thanks. Now I am curious at the tone of her answer ... so I playfully attempt to grab toward her bag ... she then quickly moves it to the other side ... I give her a curious look and she subtly makes the gesture with her finger that she has a firearm in the bag :shock: So of course, I begin to make the move to see if that is truly the case ... she stopped me right in my tracks ... her tone got very abrupt and very stern and her English for the first time is perfect without accent and she says "Sit Down Now!" Like a mother talking to her Ch*ld.

All I kept thinking while reading this was how obnoxious it was to be messing with her purse in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:51 am 

Funny you should bring that up. A Gringa showed up at my house with a .357 Magnum and No, she was not looking to shoot me. She wanted me to show her how to load it and where to buy bullets. Apparently, the ex had bought it for her. I am resistant to showing women how to shoot / load/ acquire bullets that might then be employed to ventilate me; the irony is too great. I guess the point is that Ii give anyone totting a firearm a wide berth. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:51 pm 

Greengo wrote:
Uuud be hard pressed to find a youger tico from peon to upper class going somewhere outside the immediate nbrhd without some kind of pistola..esp at night..usually a smaller calib pocket rocket...students going to class at night..to a movie at multiplaza...many people have the opening and closing of gates or garage doors with pistols at ready down to a science...even in better nbrhds..some people are prevented from opening garage doors and going to work because of ladrones lurking around waiting for an opening ...call the cops like 20 times..."are you sure theyre crooks?...probly just working in the nbrhd"....if youre a gringo ..they just hang up...welcome to cr amigos... :)

Somebody hacked into Greengo's account. :P :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:00 pm 

I was looking at purchasing a gun a while ago legally in CR. It is not simple process. You need a background check and several other tramites. Well, given all of that, I'd be willing to bet she had the gun illegally.... especially if she is not from here.

Would I be hanging out with her? Hell no!!! The fact that she has the balls (funny cuz I wasn't sure if this going to be about a gun or a tranny) to carry a gun means comes from a class of chica, that you probably don't want to deal with. I have never heard of a chica packing heat in CR.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:01 pm 

8ball wrote:
Traveling wrote:
Here is the situation...

... you suggest to her that you will watch her bag as she goes because it is a little oversized .... a bag that she routinely carries with presumably all her "girly" stuff....but keep in mine we hooked up in the afternoon and she was far from anticipating being in "work" mode

All I kept thinking while reading this was how obnoxious it was to be messing with her purse in the first place.

Well...thanks for your commentary...and you are surely entitled to your opinion... but Obnoxious? Come on... are you serious?

I never stated I wanted her to leave her bag so I could look into it ... my only reason for asking was to relieve her load in watching it as she went to the ladies room as other ladies in the past may have asked "can you watch my bag for me".

As I stated, she spent the night...many nights with the same bag and never did I have a desire to know the contents...nor pay much attention to the bag itself

As I said, once it became a curioustiy issue with something the likes of a firearm with someone you have and possibly will spend a lot of time with in a future ... absolutely I want to know for sure what and who I am dealing with when it comes to that.

I playfully (slowly) reached for the bag and she moved it which meant that she did not want me to see the contents. Had she allowed me to have access to it, yes I would have surely looked. Not to see what kind of perfume she had, thongs she had, drugs she was taking, money she had ... my desire was strickly on knowing if she had a gun on her person...If that is obnoxious...then label me Mr. Obnoxious.

To this day, it is only her word that she carries a firearm because I didn't see it ... and as much as she does carry one ... it could just as well be put out there just to create the mindset that she does.

I respected that she did not want me to see the contents and if I didn't have respect for her privacy I surely could have grabbed it and checked it out myself. The breakfast went on

I understand in their line of work, the times they travel, the cash in which they are always carrying that these woman should have some mechanism in place to protect themselves...It is out of sight, out of mind to me because my focus on on other things and as long as things go smoothly as planned then what she has to protect herself with is a non issue.

But personally, there is a big difference to me between someone carrying a gun verse carrying a knife or straight edge or mace ... in most cases you have a better shot of defending your against the latter two then a gun if for some reason you are in that unfortunate position.

So yes I do want to know if someone is carrying ... especially someone I really don't know the mental make up of only the sexual make up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:07 pm 

Chi_trekker wrote:
I was looking at purchasing a gun a while ago legally in CR. It is not simple process. You need a background check and several other tramites. Well, given all of that, I'd be willing to bet she had the gun illegally.... especially if she is not from here.

Would I be hanging out with her? Hell no!!! The fact that she has the balls (funny cuz I wasn't sure if this going to be about a gun or a tranny) to carry a gun means comes from a class of chica, that you probably don't want to deal with. I have never heard of a chica packing heat in CR.

LOL!!!! I never thought of it that way ... maybe shouldn't have used the word "packin"

Then hell, I'd have to get the gun...LOL!!!

I'll be honest with you...until then I never even thought about it....for some reason to me packing a gun is a very different protection device then anything else ... thats why I asked the questions.

I know they protect themselves...I have seen mace and the knives/sharp objects...the pistol just takes it to a whole different level for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:07 pm 

I really would not have a problem with it. In fact the truth is she told you what she had. I would be more concerned about the chica who did not tell you what she had in her purse.

In reality, if she wanted to harm you, she could do that with much simpler tools then a pistol. I have carried for most of my life. Even prior to conceal and carry laws. I agree that it is smart to protect yourself especially for a girl in this profession.

I would have zero concern if I was with a chica who had a gun in her purse. especially one that I had known for a while.

It all really boils down to comfort. Some people have a fear of guns. They think they are some evil piece of equiptment that is going to suddenly change the personality of the person who has it. If you are not comfortable with guns then just tell or find a new chica.

I would also be willing to bet more of them do carry then we think and I say good for them for wanting to protect themselves and not just become a victim.

And no, a gun does not really get used on the victim or owner more often then the perp. That is an urban ledgend and not based on real fact and stats. I am the first to say if you are not comfortable and do not know how to use one then you should not have one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:11 pm 

LMAO...when I read the title of this thread I thought it had to do with Trannies... :lol:

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:27 pm 

Cujo'S wrote:
LMAO...when I read the title of this thread I thought it had to do with Trannies... :lol:

Cujo

LMAO ... OH Hell ... Explains why nobody is offering opinion :shock: LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:05 am 

Traveling wrote:
Chi_trekker wrote:

LOL!!!! I never thought of it that way ... maybe shouldn't have used the word "packin"

Then hell, I'd have to get the gun...LOL!!!

I'll be honest with you...until then I never even thought about it....for some reason to me packing a gun is a very different protection device then anything else ... thats why I asked the questions.

I know they protect themselves...I have seen mace and the knives/sharp objects...the pistol just takes it to a whole different level for me.

Yes - and they, as well as anyone else, have the right to protect themselves. I knew a guy that used to fly down just to abuse chicas. He eventually got his ass kicked, however, he is probably still at it. People like that tend to not care.... I think the term is sociopath.

A gun is a totally different thing. Lots of people in CR have guns legally and illegally. A chica with a gun in the gulch is GIANT WARNING SIGNAL. I have seen good and bad chicas in CR. There are LOTS of scenarios that would explain why she is carrying a pistol. For example, she might have a guy friend that wants to "do a job" with it. She makes good money. You just paid her.... and clients are lined up. For a chorizo (commission) she decides to buy a gun for her friend and is carrying it for a day. Protection is another scenario... however I would tend to favor.... not for protection... but as a part of a bad plot.

Erase her phone from your cell phone. If she calls do not answer. Just walk away... there ARE A LOT OF CHICAS HERE THAT DO NOT CARRY GUNS....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:43 am 

Traveling wrote:

I'm sure there are varying opinions and experiences...talk to me comrads ...I obviously have my own thoughts and feelings but I would like to hear some others

Traveling,

You asked for an opinion and an experience.

The Experience first:

I once was with a girl in Medellin that made no secret that she had paid $100 usd to an assassin to kill the man that killed her father. That night we had great sex and a rare TLN. I slept like a baby and enjoyed a romp in the morning. I inquired with some reliable sources about her and found that what she said was true. Never saw her again.

Now the Opinion:

Taking it from the way you wrote about the girl being a favorita and a sweetheart, it's obvious that you want to see her again. It's also obvious that you want to know if she really is "packin". And I will assume you would feel better if she was not packin while she was with you. So be honest with her and tell her you do want to see her and be with her but NOT if she is carrying a gun. If she tells you she was only kidding then state that it's fine but to relax your mind that the next time you would like to see inside her purse. If she says isn't her word good enough if she says she is not carrying, then only YOU can decide the next statement. If you say "Yes" then she can either lie to you or tell you the truth when she says she is not packin. If you say "NO" then it may cause tension at first that she feels that she has to "prove" to you that she is not carrying but that will pass if she truly respects you as well. If she says she will not let you see inside her bag "ever" I would rule on the side of caution and move on to find another "favorita".

If you found her, you will find another like her (hopefully the non-packin sort though).

Cheers,

Cubanut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:59 am 

It is very possible she just had a lot of money on her and didn't get her banking done. The gun may have been an excuse. I agree with Cubanut, just don't have it with her when she is with you. I think it is a fair request.

Dean

" most of the girls down here, lie as a self defense mechanism and to not have to face the truth, thinking most men couldn't accept them knowing the whole truth. Simpler, they may just want men to think they are as perfect as they want to appear to them, trying to hide what they consider to be the ugly truth about themselves. And I may be reading more into it than is there, but I do believe they consider the basis of the lies to be justified."