www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:46 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Does anyone have an answer? Not that the answer will do me any good. But, I can't understand this...

Why is it that my novia who has 33 years acts like she is 17? Or my ex of 25 years acts like she is 8? Or beyond that the same????

Is it just bad parents? Lack of life experience? Ignorance? Or are they really mature but just stupid?

I don't know the answer. In fact, I googled immaturity and women (in english) and it came back mostly with articles about women complaining about immature men.

Did I just get unlucky? Or, is it a fact that women who have grown up in CR are just plain Ch*ldren.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:57 am 

Interesting Chi. I have found two things, but this is not scientific. I have found it to be somewhat a socioeconomic thing. But not always. I have always thought that to some extent the chicas that have a good education, came from middle class families, don't have any substance problems seem to be more mature in GENERAL. Not to say all. ALSO, I think once they have been around gringos it seems to bring out an immaturity in them. Plus, in general, CR is a play country. People have more free time here to be silly. I have thought in general that adults here are more immature than other countries I've been to. Interesting to read some more opinions of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:00 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Thirdworld wrote:
Interesting Chi. I have found two things, but this is not scientific. I have found it to be somewhat a socioeconomic thing. But not always. I have always thought that to some extent the chicas that have a good education, came from middle class families, don't have any substance problems seem to be more mature in GENERAL. Not to say all. ALSO, I think once they have been around gringos it seems to bring out an immaturity in them. Plus, in general, CR is a play country. People have more free time here to be silly. I have thought in general that adults here are more immature than other countries I've been to. Interesting to read some more opinions of this.

I think its the fact that CR is a play country AND all the parents are the same mindset so they pass it on to the K*ds (so this would be cultural in essence?) Anyways I have seen the mothers condone and support the immaturity all the time the young chicas never want to take the responsible route just the easy path of least resistance, but the gringos have supported and reinforced this behavior (no real penalty for acting like a 8 year old so why not?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:23 pm 

Yeah, after being here for over 10 years, I completely convinced that gringos usually ruin the chicas down here. I would love to find someone next to spend time with who hasn't dated a gringo before. Found a hot little number walking on my street last night. Was going to work and asked if I was going into town. I wasn't but decided to go anyway. :D I'm keeping an eye out as she didn't seem to speak English and she lives on the part of my street that is totally Tico. We'll see. Back to immaturity. I KNOW that Los Suenos absolutely polluted the chicas in this area. They've been wined, dined and paid to the point that they don't even know the value of money anymore. Another factor, I believe, it that Latin men don't put up with the foolishness near as much as gringos do. Just my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:15 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

a sample of two probably isn't enough to make a survey or judgement

BUT...certainly not all, but many don't get past the 6th grade...yea they can read and write and you can talk the talk with them in your (Plural) monger Spanish and feel like they are somewhat bright....BUT they (the Del Rey, MP, Sportsman girls etc) simply don't have much education nor much maturity and surlely weren't at the top of their 6th grade classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:44 pm 

So, I think we agree. It's not me that attracts immature women in Costa Rica. Its just nearly impossible to find one that IS mature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:46 pm 

Immature in what capacity? :|

I think women in general will act right if needed. But of course there are some that have no hope.

Could you be more specific, there's some interesting responses so far...

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:54 pm 

just immaturity on the most basic levels Cujo. Sometimes its more like being with a teenager at that bratty age rather than with a grown woman. Like arguing every point just for the sake of arguing. Arguing something that is undeniably wrong. Escalating every argument to pouting and yelling.... No capacity to be told no. I know they can be trained, I'm lazy, I just don't have the patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:16 pm 

Gotcha..

I would guess as a whole there's a lot of truth to this. I've always come off as someone turned off by such behavior and (to me) if a chica cares, she'll stop.

This has just been my experience though. Like I've always said, I don't want a chica to feel bad, I want her to feel embarrassed :|

I do think there's something to the general idea that girls in CR are more likely to be immature then their gringa counterparts..

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:29 pm 

I think it is more jealousy than immaturity. But if they show the jealousy they think we might use it as some magical weapon on them. So they muddy the water to throw us off our tracks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:43 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Cujo'S wrote:
Immature in what capacity? :|

I think women in general will act right if needed. But of course there are some that have no hope.

Could you be more specific, there's some interesting responses so far...

Cujo

Specifically ...sure the girls of the Del Rey, Sportsman, Key Largo and other places where they have the oportunity to hustle gringos...

Look, these girls are not typical, in my opinion, of the Costa Rica girls of similar ages...the girls in the gulch are....hold on now...a very tough group; they lie, cheat steal,lack loyality, used drugs, sell drugs, conive (sp) and do any thing they canto benifit themselves. ....everyone...Phuck no, but many

Ok, so they are beautiful, sweet, well dressed, nice nails, hair and shoes but please, don't let this fool you

have a ball but keep you guard up.......

I wouldn't have it any other way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:54 pm 

I think I see it, too...at least a little bit. Nothing is ever black and white, but after living in CR for a while, guys like Chi_T and TW have developed a take that is based on solid experience... and also an outsiders' perspective.

The probability of meeting immature ticas who work in the gulch is high. I believe many would agree. However, I've noticed a degree of immaturity even in ticas who are removed from the gulch, have a degree of class, and some education. From my casual observations, tico society seems somewhat fatalistic. This may be what inhibits many of them from assuming control of their life and developing a sense of responsibility for their actions. I would guess that this attitude is not only developed at home, but passed along in the schools and government as well. Take a look at tico history. It's always been run by a small circle of patriarchs ever since its independence in 1821.

Pura Vida...enjoying life to the fullest...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:48 am 

BD (and others) would you say that Ticas are more immature than latinas from other countries, like Panama, Colombia... etc..? Seems that way to me although Nicas might rank 2nd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:05 am 

Don't know about immaturity as much as jealousy...A jealous latina is almost impossible to deal with or reason with. I find it best just to immediately end any communication and wait for things to cool down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:39 am 

You just try to learn and improve a little bit each time. Lesson 1. You have to nip bad behavior in the bud from the beginning. Not gonna put up with that shit and you will walk away in a moments notice. Once they have established their behavior with you, there is usually no going back or gaining control of the situation. haha How much you are willing to put up with generally depends on how good the sex is or how hot she is. Under no circumstances do you let a mediocre chica pull this shit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next