www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Advice taken........but
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:48 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for replies guys much appreciated.

First sorry about double post

Second sorry about caps

Third.....someone who has posted here gave me a few tips and we have been corresponding.

Ok guys, just to make things clear.....IM NOT AN IDIOT!

Naive is one thing im not. I understand that there are gold diggers, corrupters etc etc.....I have back at home dealt with wall street hustlers, drug addicts, pimps and all sorts or lowlifes through work and life experince.

What I am is a nice guy , good looking, educated and extremely articulate.

Ive been through sour relationships here so know how bad they can be. (and im the loyal one)

Yes, I like partying and plan to do so when i get there....but Im at a point in my life where I want companionship and physical attraction. Willing to learn spanish and willing to teach her english.

Im blunt, would tell the tica " this is who I am" this is what Im looking for" 19-25 hottie who i can feel the chemistry with and has NO K*ds and clean.

Im not one to project personal moral objectevism like some have stated about NEVER go for a girl who works in the "industry". I would be a hypocrite if I went on vacation looking for that but refused to accept them as equal otherwise.

Im a young guy on the go who is tired of dating or online dating (which is worse) and for some can be demoralizing bc fat ugly girls in front of the computer can reject you based on a profile. The reality is (from my travelled experinces) is that these hogs in north america have a bloated ego and would not be given the time of day in any other part of the world......One thing in noticed in europe there were some ugly girls but NO FAT GIRLS as it is just socially not acceptable.

I am a busy guy and would like to do bigger and better things in my life but want that companionship without having to make it the most occupying part of my week. Easiar is better. I have enough intellect and friends that I am content with not being on the same "level" with a future wife.

To those that say, its dangerous and the girls can run away, take your money etc.....I say the divorce rate in NORTH AMERICA is over 55% and guys are stuck paying alimony and Ch*ld support for nearly 20 years.
So at worst Ill be at par with the average joe.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:58 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

CR is a good place to find what you are looking for in a woman. Find one that meets all of your qualifications then visit a few more countires and see if you still feel the same:)

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:22 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: Downtown San Jose, Costa Rica, the BELLY of the BEAST
Sorry to come down so hard on you, but I am just trying bring you back to Earth. I wouldn't be living here if I didn't have a better social life here than in the USA (or Canada). Having said that, I think your expectations of Latinas is unreasonably high. There's nothing magical about brown skin and speaking Spanish.

Latinas aren't the same as Gringas. Okay, so far so good. You will have a larger selection of interested and attractive females here. Also good. Will you be able to tell a keeper from a scammer? Not if you are in a hurry. Not if you can't speak Spanish (usually).

To humanize this, let me tell a story. I met a pretty, cheerful girl in the gulch who seemed to be what I was looking for. We saw each other on a pay basis several times but she made it clear she would be happy to give up the biz and be my gf, and I was considering it but realized she was going to be more than I could handle in numerous ways, so I was ready to move on. I explained to her that preferred just to be friends, not novios, and it just so happened we were in the NY bar and I noticed a gringo looking at her like a starving shark looking at a baby seal. I told her that I wasn't interested in company that night but that THIS guy seemed very interested. She asked if I was SURE it was ok and I said, no problem, babe, go for it.

Well, fast forward 3 months and they are engaged. Fast forward 3 more months and they are married (in Costa Rica). Fast forward 6 more months, she's pregnant but won't move to Texas (his home). He's paying for a house for her and 1 of her 3 K*ds (the other 2 don't like him and won't live with him). He calls her 3 times a day from Texas begging her to come to the USA. She won't go. She's not working anymore, but she feels like a prisoner. She's in love, he's in love. He's sending her DVDs of his beautiful home and boats in Texas. She watches him talk about how he's going to remodel, bla bla bla and she's not remotely considering moving to Texas.

He got his trophy wife. She's in love with him. But she is totally afraid to move to the USA and just won't go. Now he's going to have a K*D and wife in Costa Rica, and he doesn't want to move HERE.

Okay, so you can get your 'novia' to promise to move to Canada. Will she keep her promise? If she keeps her promise, will she be happy there? MY POINT is that unless you really get to know somebody, and I mean REALLY, you have more potential hazzards here than trying your luck at home where culture and language aren't so different. If you are willing to take the time and expend the effort, you can find wonderful women here, but it's NO SLAM DUNK.

I live here so obviously I must like Latinas. But I LIVE here and I STILL haven't found Miss Correcto. This is after almost 3 years. I am still kissing frogs to find the princess. Luckily, I enjoy kissing frogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:15 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

When making a decision of such a magnitude it is allways important to take your time. Language and culture are two hurdles that you are going to have to jump over in order for anything to work for the long haul.We are talking about some work on your part for something like this to work.Trying to remove her from her culture might be difficult but not impossible(every chica is different).Buena Suerte.(nothing ventured,nothing gained)