All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:39 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I feel the exact same way. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:06 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

You made me think of an old email I sent my Dad on New Years Day, 2002. The year before my first trip to CR, it was some time after his last wife had died (not my Mom btw). I honestly don't remember if I copied these or made them up, but I had to re-find it after reading your post lol. I see I did reference Dave Barry the humor columnist.

After the years and a dozen trips to CR, I am still in complete agreement with myself...

Pa, I jotted down a few of the advantages I've found over the years to being by myself, just for fun. Hope you might find a couple you can use.

Advantages to a Man Living Alone

You don't have to hold back a fart or a belch, which are unhealthy to hold in.

It costs $8 to see a movie instead of $16, which means gas, popcorn, etc. is virtually free. Plus you can pick the film.

You can smile and flirt at a pretty girl without getting an elbow in the ribs or a kick on the ankle. Also very unhealthy.

You can pick the best pork chop. Same goes for the baked potato.

You can watch whatever you want on the tube, whenever you want to. It's off if you don't feel like having it on. Ditto radio.

You can be out of the house in minutes instead of tens of minutes or hours.

There is always lots of hot water. Also, the bathroom is less cluttered with out the bubble bath, bath salt, bath oil, conditioners, creamers, moisturizers, blow dryers and curlers. A bottle of shampoo and soap on a rope, and you're all set.

You can keep the house whatever temperature you want. It's never too hot or too cold, always just right.

Dirty socks can go where ever they fit best instead of where some body else thinks they should be.

There is never any discussion about what color anything should be. You can get the best deal instead.

You save many $ on flowers and cards, which only quickly wilt away or pile up in a drawer. Saves space and trees.

There's never any lipstick on the glasses, which no soap known to man has ever been able to wash off.

You can snore away to you hearts content without reprocussions. I've had women try to put tape on my nose to try and arrest snoring. Snoring is as healthy for a man as farting and belching, females just don't get it.

You save water by not having to wash your feet as often. This is better for the environment by conserving.

There's never anything you can't wear hanging in the shower.

You can decorate the house with manly things like guns and animal heads and fishing stuff.

The air smells better without the "potporree" shit around. Also better for the environment. Studies have shown that this "potporree" is contributing to global warming and the hole in the ozone layer.

You can LOL (Laugh out Loud) at anything you think is funny without someone thinking it is not funny.

These are just a few advantages I couldn't imagine going without pa. If you need more I will send them asap.

(format inspired by Dave Barry, from the newspaper)

Happy New Years Dad, Good luck, and LOL

Pacifica good one about the Seat - I left that out hahaha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:36 pm 

Novice,

Thanks for that list, I really enjoyed reading it. I agree with most everything on it. As for "wear to put the dirty socks" and "how often to wash one's feet ??? :? "......that really doesn't pertain to me. I'm prabably cleaner than most gringas 8) .

I can still think of a few more advantages to add to the list......heck, prabably a whole lot more :) .

Zebra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:53 am 

-Pizza for breakfast, eggs and bacon for dinner!

-You don't have to listen to any bitching.

-You are free to do what you want, when you want and go where you want. :twisted:

-You have much more time to focus on your career, education, fitness, travel and personal goals.

I think some people just can't stand to be alone, it is something most have to get used to and the idea of staying single wasn't always accepted as "normal" in our society. Marriage just doesn't look that great to me anymore after watching a couple friends go through divorces and paying out the ass. Now that they're divorced they're still paying and miserable about that. The ones that are married don't seem very happy most of the time and have to put up with all sorts of stuff that I get to ridicule them about. One married friend recently told me that he envied my simple, free lifestyle -that made me feel good and realize even more that I'm not missing out and it's not so bad being a bachelor these days. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:15 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Zebra glad you appreciated the thoughts. Ja you made me remember an old issue I had re: feet! I used to be a worker (still am I guess) that always had to wear leather and rubber boots for the duration of the shift. When they came off at the end of the day - the dogs both bark haha. Since those days I have discovered micro-encapsulated socks and anyway now I am El Patron and can hang out bare-foot if I feel like it most of the time. I still put the socks any damn where I please…

Gracias Pacifica - Buen Prencipio – good start! This might be a list that can grow and grow. Otro Mas?

And yes I am one of the m-men; why I was reading this thread in the first place lol.

Good additions amigo Paco.

¿Que mas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:09 am 

I have never been married and probably never will.
No married person has ever been able to convince me of how I would be better off if I got married.
Why buy the cow when the milk is free?
For me its a no brainer. A married life is one of constant compromise, endless nagging( which drives me crazy like nothing else) and sex with only one person ( how warped is that.)
single life is doing what I want when I want, no nagging at all and sex with a vast array of wildly sexual women.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:21 pm 

8)

P55-

I hear ya, I'm all about the booty calls back at home. The beauty is all of them know our relationship doesn't go far past just sex. Some girls are just down like that, it's been my best option.

And by the way, even if I meet a guy for the first time and I hear him use the phrase "kitchen pass" I instantly loose respect for him. If your wife's got it like that over you, dont tell me about it....

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:34 pm 

I agree that there is "virtue in selfishness" and that no one should give up self for the sake of being with a woman. Up until a little over 5 yrs ago...I was firmly in this camp also...until I discovered my "Colombiana". For the sake of some of you "m-men" out there who still think a long term "relationship" is desireable and a possibility...I pass on this little list taking a different view on a potential relationship...though not usually with a GRINGA. I offer this not as bragging...but as one lucky old dog trying to encourage his fellow brothers in the pack...

Advantages to a Man Living With the Right COLOMBIANA...

Quote:
You don't have to hold back a fart or a belch, because she sees it as healthy for you to do so...and your right as King and "Head of the Household"

In Panama it only costs $4 for TWO to see a film on Wednesdays...and while you guy the tickets, SHE buys the carmelcorn and drink out of her limited funds...just to show her appreciation and independence at the same time. YOU get to pick the film. Every 4 or 5 films you pick one you know SHE wants to see...just because you love her.

You can smile and flirt at a pretty girl without getting an elbow in the ribs or a kick on the ankle. She expects you to...because you are a man.

She GIVES you the best pork chop. Same goes for the baked potato. You are the King after all.

You can watch whatever you want on the tube, whenever you want to. But because you love her, you provide two TVs in the household so each has their choice of viewing. Ditto radio.

You can be out of the house in minutes instead of tens of minutes or hours. She is beautiful without all the makeup and is always wearing something alluring and appropriate. Educated Colombianas work on "gringo time".

She keeps the bathroom METICULOUS. Colombianas are VERY sanitary. And they dont like hot showers, so there is always plenty of hot water. She also is very organized and puts YOUR stuff in the advantageous drawer or cabinet...and keeps hers separate. She also makes sure you have 2 bottles of YOUR shampoo or soap as backup...so you never have to use HER stuff...though she has no problem with that either.

She keeps the house whatever temperature you want. She doesnt run the AC as much as you because she knows how much it costs you on a monthly basis to pay the energy bill.

Dirty socks (and clothes) can go where ever you throw them because within minutes she will pick them up and put them where they belong...

You let her make the decisions on color and design of the home interiors...because she has better taste than you do. But she always still consults you before purchasing or making the decision...because YOU are paying for it...and YOU are the king.

You save many $ on flowers and cards, because Latin men have never been very accustomed to giving them in their culture...so when you give them 2-3 times a year...it is special...and better treatment than they have ever received. And it is not EXPECTED. They want it to be YOUR idea...and for no reason at all.

There's never any lipstick on the glasses, because they dont wear that much of it (lipstick has always been highly overated and the downfall of many good men showing telltale signs)...and they are meticulous housekeepers. Every dish and utensil in the house is sparkling clean..and organized. Kings arent good at that normally...

You can snore away to you hearts content without repercussions. Shes just happy to have you home and in bed with her instead of out "catting" around. Same with farting and belching above...

You have your feet washed more often...because she will wash them for you if you are sick...or just too tired to do it yourself.

There's never anything you can't wear hanging in the shower. She keeps her things hanging in the laundry room or maids quarters so they are never in the way.

You can decorate the house with manly things like guns and animal heads and fishing stuff. Shes just happy to share your house with you. Of course, her better tastes in art make your place more appealing in time anyways.

The air smells better with whatever she uses or does to keep the house clean and neat. SHe uses cheaper and more environmentally sound products than "potporree".

You can LOL (Laugh out Loud) at anything you think is funny without her thinking it is not funny. She wont get half of the gringo humor...but she is always willing to learn what it means...and teach you a few Latin jokes along the way herself.

Now obviously, no one can guarentee another person will love them FOREVER and NO MATTER WHAT...but my take on my last 5+ years is that this kind of woman is out there...and will make you feel like a king and do what she can to keep you happy. No one can MAKE us happy if we choose not to be...but...from what I have experienced at this later stage of life...I can only wish the same for any of my friends out there...

Most older men I have known who live alone and without long term companionship have not been truly happy. Now, I realize some of you are different...but I would guess a majority of us like being "King" :wink: ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:20 pm 

I'm not sure if you guys are trying to convince each other or yourselves.

I guess I've always held some envy for the "Love'em-And-Leave'em" guys but that's just not me. I've enjoyed some good times with girls I had no intention of forming a long-term partnership with but in the long run I have always preferred a one-on-one relationship.

I'm sure it has something to do with my quest for true love, whatever that might be.

As for Colombianas, at least in my experience, they do wear lipstick and can take over a bathroom with their "stuff" just like a gringa. They can take an hour to get ready but only because they are very meticulous about their appearance. Of course some (like my ex) just like to be obstinate but I suppose that's just inherent in being young and a little immature. She tells me now at 35 that she has "matured".

A small price to pay for having a hot, petite wife that is 18 years younger than you. I do miss her cooking, cleaning and the bowls of fresh cut fruit she used to bring to me while I was on the computer.

The toilet seat has never been an issue for me since I was taught as a Ch*ld to flush and close it, by my father. He was a redneck farmer from Arkansas and an ex-WWII POW who grew up using an outhouse.
Go figure.

Some guys enjoy the piece and quiet of living alone but I like having some company around and I'm pretty particular about the company I keep.

I also like to go out to dinner, see movies, go to concerts and travel...all of which is much more enjoyable (for me) when I have someone to enjoy these things with.

As for a social life in the USA, I have none. My last gringa girlfriend was in 1998. I didn't make a vow to never date one again it has just worked out that way. I haven't found too many women in my age bracket (early 50s) that I find appealing. If they do have anything to offer there are about 100 other guys sniffing up their skirts.

I've also found that any American woman I might be interested in (under 40, attractive, nice body, gentle and warm personality) really isn't interested in me.

So I travel to Latin America and I am thankful for the opportunity. But I'm still looking for that "special" one.

Wit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:38 pm 

Completely agree Pac 55. Since I have moved to NC and people see I am not married they are wondering what is wrong with me. Folks keep commenting to when I will meet that lady of my dreams. As if it is pre-determined :roll:

Now each one of these folks are married and I hope happy, but in there mind a person not married cannot be happy :cry:

That is not true with me. I am happy. And very content on getting my business up and going. There is taking all of my time I have no time for a relationship now. I just hope that they are not upset that I am single and cool with it.

Now that would be phucking sick :twisted:

NYG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:05 pm 

For me, there is so much more to enjoy about a girl than just the sex. It's a bitch putting up with a lot of the other stuff, given, but there are days when it it definitly worth it. Call me strange, give me hell but that's how I see it.