www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:30 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Pacifica 55,

I like your input so far. As for your one thought I would have to agree.

"In some societal circles a single man is considered either gay or defective. Wrongheaded thinking in my opinion."

I'll be honest I've been painted with that brush. I've been single all my life and I don't date to speak of (next to none). Thats just the way I like it !! But some people come to think that just because your single there is something wrong with you. Well there wrong. If they don't like it well thats just to damn bad!!!

I enjoy the single life and being able to come and go at my will. Its my choice and no one elses. Its nice just to come home kick off the shoes and socks where ever the hell I like. Cause I know who is going to pick them up :shock: and I can only give myself hell. :D For me it just make my life that little less complicated.

Do you get lonely at times ? Sure. I think we all at sometime would like to have a little company. But I think there are other that just don't care one way or the other.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Nothing like stuffin tica muffin.........
Thai... Phili.... Viet....
Oh what the hell ever.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:55 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

CRT bound-
My guess is that without any wifes to have payed off in divorces, and probably no K*ds to support-----you are a very rich man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:28 am 

Diablo,

No not rich yet but working on it. :D :D

Nothing like stuffin tica muffin.........
Thai... Phili.... Viet....
Oh what the hell ever.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:26 am 

Diablo wrote:
My guess is that without any wifes to have payed off in divorces, and probably no K*ds to support-----you are a very rich man.
Good point, another guy I work with is divorced with 2 K*ds in college, we make about the same money yet he lives paycheck to paycheck and he'd probably have to get a loan to take a trip anyplace. Don't get me wrong I know that K*ds are the best thing ever but having finally gotten out of debt and having some extra $ to have fun and travel instead of having to give most of the paycheck to some ex-wife and the unappreciative brats IS kinda nice. :wink:
I caught some talk radio show discussing the topic of the growing group that are more interested in careers, financial goals and having fun than getting tied down at a young age with debt, marriage and K*ds. Or maybe they've just figured out there are other women in the world besides needy gringas that will take you to the cleaners one day thanks to the divorce laws. One guy in his early 30's called in (I suspected he was one of us) and talked of how he'd rather have his freedom, travel and work on his financial goals than settle down. He was pretty much labeled "SELFISH" and criticized for not being a good American. I guess good men are supposed to get married, pretend to be happy and have K*ds and if not you're either selfish, mentally ill or gay. Interesting that when career women are discussed putting off marriage and K*ds until later in life, they are considered smart and making rational decisions instead of being selfish people ruining the fabric of society and further contributing to this great country's values going down the tubes. :roll:

Last edited by PacoLoco on Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:44 am 

Pacifica55 wrote:
...To my way of thinking, nothing has done more to damage the collective male psyche than the unrealistic expectation that women will be faithful to them. Much healthier to understand that they may have a hankerin' just like we do and it does not mean that I am somehow lacking, anymore than my philandering means that she is not getting it done. I understand that this could happen and don't make exclusivity a prerequisite ...

Truer words have not been spoken. If guys (myself included) could be happy "just dating" things would be so much simpler. You get the companionship you want, when you want it, and when you want to be alone you stay alone. I am working to the point where I can just date multiple women casually, without any desire to claim exclusivity. We sacrifice so much in order to (hopefully) keep her from phucking other guys. If she does Phuck some one else, not only has she violated our beliefs of exclusivity, but she has lied to us as well.

I guess that is why I like whores so much. I have NO illusions of exclusivity, so I don't even try to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:43 pm 

Pacifica Said...
Quote:
To my way of thinking, nothing has done more to damage the collective male psyche than the unrealistic expectation that women will be faithful to them

Quote:
Shit happens. Some people go through life letting it wash over them like a wave. They take no responsibility for what "happens to them" and do little or no planning. Their life consists of trying to deal with one "unforeseen" crisis after another.

I think some of this dialogue on this thread is searching for balance. To most reasonable male minds here...we know that not ALL relationship oriented men are just pussywhipped, irresponsible guys who take whatever comes. Sure, theres lots of guys in that condition, but definitely not all. On the other hand, not all single, mongering guys are content or happy in their "aloneness" (which differs from "loneliness" which would be the negative version)...and really wont mind sharing life with a woman IF they can find the suitable partner. OR...more likely, that partner finds them.

I have always said sex and relationships are "ladies choice" when it comes to the real thing. It used to be a guessing game where we had to ask and they had the power to say yes or no. Now in my lifetime, it has become more acceptable for women to make the first move, be more open with flirtation, and not make it such a guessing game. I cannot take "credit" for my current or former relationships...successful and non. They usually just were opportunities that presented themselves...and I made the most of them. If it ever came down to losing myself for keeping a relationship...I always gave up the relationship. But...I do believe one can still find the "right" one that balances them out for the long term, treats a King like he wants to be treated...and of course gains "Queenly" recognition in exchange. Its not selling out at that point...it is called "mutual discovery"...which isnt a bad thing.

But in the end...you cant go out and FIND love...you make yourself open and available...be loving or "loveable"...and with any reasonable chance...it finds you...[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:56 pm 

Dante said
Quote:
If guys (myself included) could be happy "just dating" things would be so much simpler. You get the companionship you want, when you want it, and when you want to be alone you stay alone

Forgot to pick up on this in my previous post. In my single alone years (25 of my 34 years since leaving the home roost)...I never found it that easy to find the "companionship you want". I dont think many of us have found desireable women who are 24x7 available for when YOU are ready for them. If it were that easy...SURE...I'd still be there probably. But for most of us, dating becomes a pain in the ass...which is why we turn to mongering at various stages in life...and yes, hope for a long term, mutually satisfying hetero relationship. But again...I think the point most are making is that mongering alone does not a real relationship make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:01 pm 

Love the comment on balance...a lot of people think that is the key to life.
Never overindulge but don't not give something a chance.
Have a relationship with a Tica (it's very rewarding) but don't fall too far in where you can't pull yourself out without a good lawyer.
Don't feel you always need someone to validate yourself but don't think you can be happy all alone forever with just quick 'one-nighters' to handle the urges.
Ying and Yang philosophy is popular for good reason...
Just my two cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:44 pm 

Prostoner Wrote:

Quote:
Don't feel you always need someone to validate yourself but don't think you can be happy all alone forever with just quick 'one-nighters' to handle the urges.

Spoken like a man in love! :)

There are some things worse than being by myself. My choices in women have never been good. I choose to remain happily single. For those of you who choose to be in love, I wish you eternal bliss. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:37 pm 

I have a similar situation to TMan but she's a Tica. She does a lot of the things Tman mentions, so after 3 and half years, we got engaged and have set a date for next June.
It's great and I won't have to ask myself "Will you still need me, will still love me when I'm 64". thats's because I'll be 64 on my wedding day!
LVSteve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:41 pm 

Congrats my friend! Best wishes for your future happiness.
But does this mean no more poker? Or a LOT MORE poke her??

LVSteve wrote:
I have a similar situation to TMan but she's a Tica. She does a lot of the things Tman mentions, so after 3 and half years, we got engaged and have set a date for next June.
It's great and I won't have to ask myself "Will you still need me, will still love me when I'm 64". thats's because I'll be 64 on my wedding day!
LVSteve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:27 pm 
LVSteve wrote:
LVSteve
[/quote]
It always kills me when people from the civilian world are critical of these marriages. They say stuff like "it is all about money" and 'these type of marriages never last".

My response is:

So .................. What’s your point?

Hell you will probably ready for a trade-in in a couple of years anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:59 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

This is an interesting thread and as I'm new here but not so new on other forums of similar nature, I've been following up on some of 55's thread, he's a good writer.

In many of these arguement that I see, not a lot of people take into account age. For the older guys who are more financially secure, who have Done that in terms of marriage or K*ds, they're had a piece of the pie and some liked the taste and other found it horrid. But to the younger guys, dating is something that has to be done in order to get to a taste. We are all "trained" by our society to settle down and have K*ds, it's what we're taught. In addition, going after the younger girls are hard, especially in America. You have rich old guys, going after them, young good looking guys who have a piece of ass on the side but what some strange and I believe everyone already knows about the pickiness and attitude of US women and American men do have it tough when they go out dating. Women have a lot of choice but for most guys who aren't in the lucky class of being rich or good looking, men don't. Not unless you're willing to settle for whatever you can get.

For older gentlemen, finding companionship isn't difficult, a lot of lonely old ladies out there. And the good thing about old ladies, they have their own money... usually left from some gone or dead husband.

So what's the point, that everyone operates a different way depending on where they are in life as well as thier personally experiences in life. You have to ask yourself this when you answer the question posed here, if you were in your twenties and haven't really experienced much of life yet, childhood seems to last a lot longer now a days then the past, would you still answer the same as well as you did in this thread?