A first person experience taken from another board:

First ask yourself what are you looking for in a wife:
- intelligence
- education
- loyalty
- beauty
- hard working
-etc

Many of us are quick to write off American women as being greedy feminists but they do have things to offer like intelligence, education and other values instilled into our culture. While we dream of some tight-assed brown-skinned beauty hopping into our bed every night, it can wear thin after awhile.

I married a Dominican lady a few years ago and the package came with a son of about 12. This boy, although quiet and easy going, has clocked in with an IQ of 82 and will present a future liability. Even though we watch TV with subtitles he often gets bored as he does not have the intellect to understand the plot and wanders off to his room. He dreams of becoming a doctor and like other Dominican guys he is extremely lazy.

She has a very poor education and can watch novellas on TV for hours on end. Having an intelligent conversation is impossible. We just vacationed in Peru and cannot even locate Peru on a map. She has a digital camera and in two weeks took a maximum of 5 photos.

Her hourglass body is now sporting an extended stomach that no longer looks so sexy in one of those tight show all tops. She got tired of her big tetas (her best asset) and had them reduced ($2,800) and they now bear long vertical ugly scars.

She frequently asks where all my assets are "in the event of my death" and I choose not to give her that info. I was married in the DR and live in a 3rd world country and the majority of my assets are offshore so if things do at some point become intolerable I can just exit and be out a 3rd world house. In the first world the outcome could be quite different.

I am nearing 60 and the libido is falling off so sex on demand is not an issue. Matter of fact as any married guy sex with the same woman day after day after day becomes more of a obligation than a pleasure. She constantly complains about lack of sex but that is the only thing she can offer.

Travel with them is a hassle as you have to run around and do all the visa work as usually they don't have the education to do it themselves.
As they age and begin to deteriorate they typically become more and more jealous if your eyes wander. Mine has big insecurity issues and is constantly worrying about me finding someone else as we live in a latin society and guards me like a dog on a leash.

Mine has little to no understanding of economics and has little consideration of how much it costs. Just after returning from a vacation costing $5,000 and paying $1,300 for braces for her son; her mother called saying that she was sick and needed $$. Mom pushed all of her daughters to marry gringos as Dominican men typically do not fit the image of the perfect husband.

Just remember you have to accept her cultural values as part of the package. Since you are a gringo and gringo's = mucho dinero, she will have unrealistically high expectations of the lifestyle you can provide. Remember novellas and Hollywood are not in the business of showing the lifestyles of the poor and impoverished.

If you do decide on a 3rd world bride, my advice is to go for education and intelligence first. Once you marry body appearance will change for the worse and you are left with little.

I have to wait seemingly for hours just to go to the grocery store as she loads up on makeup to look her best. Her favorite section is the hair care and cosmetic aisle and frequently she forgets the basics like bread and butter. The two highest priorities are hair and nails.

For her, a complex task is formulating a shopping list which is quickly prepared as you enter the parking lot of the store. I tend to keep my own list with the things she will most certainly forget. Your brain will work overtime trying to anticipate all the things she will forget and you will still miss some things.

An example is the other day as we got back from Peru we had to take a regional carrier with a baggage weight limit of 30 lbs. per person. We sent the heavy stuff in a suitcase by truck which is very cheap as overweight on a plane is $1/lb. She forgot to tell me that one of the small bags she carries was not considered a carry-on and could go by truck as well. No big deal that was only an extra $50.

If you are a "rescuer" type of person these women can be very appealing. Instinctively mine is like any other woman; seeking the security of a guy that will pay the tab. She will soon talk to other women and learn the ropes of locating your assets and legal rights. If you take her back to the 1st world and you or she grows tired you will have no exit strategy.

The grass is always greener on the other side. I have a good friend who married a Cubana and his experiences parallel mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:29 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Witling said:

Quote:
Many of us are quick to write off American women as being greedy feminists but they do have things to offer like intelligence, education and other values instilled into our culture. While we dream of some tight-assed brown-skinned beauty hopping into our bed every night, it can wear thin after awhile.

Exactly!
When I was 41 I found a 20yo Nica and brought her to the US.
I had a prenup drawn up in English and Spanish then we got married.
The biggest problem was the intelligence difference between us.
Sex was great 2-3 times a day every day but the stupid shit would really wear me out.
Finally after 6 years I couldn't take it any more and kicked her out.
Now I monger and "Just Say Next" :D

Magnum XL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:28 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Witling one word of advice... Run like hell, leave the heffer; just say your going to the store and never look back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:09 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

NYCMonger wrote:
Witling one word of advice... Run like hell, leave the heffer; just say your going to the store and never look back.

Nope, not me.
I guess you missed this disclaimer:
A first person experience taken from another board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:16 pm 

Witling wrote:
NYCMonger wrote:

Nope, not me.
I guess you missed this disclaimer:
A first person experience taken from another board

I read the disclaimer by the way! :D I have but one conclusion... love is as BLIND as a bat. I could see this story coming a mile away. I am not :shock: .

Berk....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:45 pm 

Think long and hard before taking that plunge.I don't have to have a crystal ball to know that the odds are stacked against me in that type of situation.I'll pass.