Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:18 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Chi_trekker wrote:
PacoLoco wrote:
I was considering a move to CR once so I spent a couple extended trips doing research. I came to some stark realizations pretty quickly and have to say I think most of Chi_trekkers experiences and observations are not uncommon for expats "our age" that eventually get out of the gulch. Most of them had been burned by novias, business deals, locals and other gringos at one time or another. I also realized the expats that DID seem happy were mainly the retired guys that didn't have to worry about earning a living anymore or taking care of a novia/esposa and K*ds, also maybe their years of wisdom helps them not to get so upset over the daily nuttiness you have to deal with.
Anyway I don't really know Chi_trekker well but have followed his experience on the board from the beginning (the 3 month experiment thread) and figure he's done and seen things most of us will never do in CR during our short trips so just maybe he knows what the hell he's talking about, even if it does sound negative. I could post some drama about gringos and novias outside the gulch too that would rival his tales and leave you scratching your heads but don't want to invade any members privacy. :oops:

Yep - Paco... that 3 month experiment is now past three years. Do I have any regrets? Sometimes I have felt that it was a mistake. And, sometimes I feel like I had been wasting time down here. But, now I certainly feel it is destiny as I have a family here. Yes, I'm a daddy two times.

I dont want to post personal things on this board. But, I'm certain the rumor mill is already buzzing.

So, for those that dont know, yes I married a tica and we now have two K*ds. So, my three month experiment certainly turned into something more permanent. I only post this because I'm certain most already know. We are happy and there is no end in sight.

And, somehow guys seem to think that my experiences dating were failures. I don't get that!!!! I kissed some bad frogs and finally found a princess.

BTW... how did I find a chica that is NOT as bad as the rest of them? I stopped hanging around the gulch and I stopped hanging around gringo spots. Gringo hangouts tend to attract girls just looking for a sack of money. Working or non-working. Upperclass or lower class... they are in that place for money.... not much else.

I went through a LOT OF BAD chicas to find one good. How???? I took risks. I made mistakes. I wasted time on some bad ones. And, perhaps fired too early a good one.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not some kind of a moral preacher. I'm just saying it - the way it is.

Here's a another hint of wisdom for yáll - IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, MAYBE IT REALLY IT IS.

So, if you are twenty years older and she is 100x hotter than you. Maybe she really isnt in love with you afterall. Maybe its all about the money?

Paco.......Agreed :!: :!: :!:

Chi.........I too, have enjoyed your postings about the many experiences, trials and tribulations, advice, and even arguments you have opened up about on this board. It has been much appreciated. I hope you are keeping a journal of your slice of Pura Vida, with all its woes, and one day publish it. Great reading.

PURA VIDA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:21 pm 

Lmfao @ "So, if you are twenty years older and she is 100x hotter than you. Maybe she really isnt in love with you afterall. Maybe its all about the money"?

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:13 pm 

Cujo'S wrote:
Lmfao @ "So, if you are twenty years older and she is 100x hotter than you. Maybe she really isnt in love with you afterall. Maybe its all about the money"?

Cujo

If YOU'RE twenty years younger and you got no dough, re, mi.....you gonna end up with fuuck all son....get used to it.

It's fun being me..... 8)

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:16 pm 

What are you talking about crazy man :roll:

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:12 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

WHAT DA H?? YOUR SAYING BRO'.

Im in Miami Chicas...

Post subject: Re: Novia Time
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:37 am 

Chi_trekker wrote:
Aticafan wrote:
ok I've been down and bought me plenty of pu*sy. Even got lucky with a few non pro intoxicated ticas.

I've been thinking about tracking myself down a nice non pro girl to get to know. Now I already know what clubs to go to. But most of those girls are kinda party crazy and frankily I know those places get dangerous for ticos and gringo alike.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has any tips to find a more ...well normal tica. Not a party girl... not a pro. I don't know if I should hit up the businesses and cafes around the colleges or what. I'm in my mid 20s my spanish is still fairly poor (but I'm learning fast).

Any thoughts or great areas to find the tica next door type? Don't get me wrong I like to go out, but I need someone balanced.

I'm just going to say it like it is - don't waste your time. In your mid-20s??? come down for a good blow-job or a good lay... nothing more. I'm not a senior citizen, but I'm not a youngster, and I can say for certain that the women down here will drag you down to a low that you can't imagine. They are tough bitches, actresses, liers or just too plain immature to do more than snap bubble gum.

I know a guy at my gym about your age. HE LIVES HERE. He also wants that girl next door and he's been trying for years. That whole concept just doesn't exist. He goes from one whore to the other. And, these are considered upper class chicas!!!! They find out he doesn't have much money... then they dump him. He's a real depression case.

There are guys on the board and such that think they are saints and martyrs. If you want something more like that, then go to asia. Most working women down here are pure latin trash. Nothing better. Many that don't work for sex, have a TON of other issues that you don't want to deal with.

The poor girls will use you until they feel your money or patience is totally spent.. After you dump them, they will prank call you. They might threaten you. And, they will probably crawl back for forgiveness. Turn them away like the plague.

The less than poor girls (upper class ticas or whatever you want to call them) will use you until they find your "usefullness" is over.

Wrap your rascal and bang chicas like crazy. Be it hookers or just plain drunk chicas. Just don't call them for a second date. Read that last sentence twice. And, if you feel like calling them for a second date, just go out and hang a pork chop around your neck and wait. Like fishing its only a matter time.

PS. I'm a little buzzed and will probably laugh when i read this in the morning.... But, we all live and learn.

I'm in my mid 20's and i know pretty well what you are saying and i also understand why the other guy wants to settle down.
I wasted my time with a chica because i felt the same way this guy feels now i said to myself it's time to settle down and blah blah i did not realize that this not the age to do so. I know if i find the right girl i should not let her go but i don't waste my time, money or patience on this matter.
Most of the people of my age thinks at mid 20's is time to settle down and is hard to convince them that the life is too short and youth is too short to waste it chasing the novia/esposa fantasy. I think they have to experience this to realize they are wasting their youth.
We better learn that life is about stages, when is time to settle down we'll know it but if we rush this stage we'll find ourselves caged and living "married with Ch**drens"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:23 am 

Myrie wrote:
Chi_trekker wrote:
Aticafan wrote:
ok I've been down and bought me plenty of pu*sy. Even got lucky with a few non pro intoxicated ticas.

I've been thinking about tracking myself down a nice non pro girl to get to know. Now I already know what clubs to go to. But most of those girls are kinda party crazy and frankily I know those places get dangerous for ticos and gringo alike.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has any tips to find a more ...well normal tica. Not a party girl... not a pro. I don't know if I should hit up the businesses and cafes around the colleges or what. I'm in my mid 20s my spanish is still fairly poor (but I'm learning fast).

Any thoughts or great areas to find the tica next door type? Don't get me wrong I like to go out, but I need someone balanced.

I'm just going to say it like it is - don't waste your time. In your mid-20s??? come down for a good blow-job or a good lay... nothing more. I'm not a senior citizen, but I'm not a youngster, and I can say for certain that the women down here will drag you down to a low that you can't imagine. They are tough bitches, actresses, liers or just too plain immature to do more than snap bubble gum.

I know a guy at my gym about your age. HE LIVES HERE. He also wants that girl next door and he's been trying for years. That whole concept just doesn't exist. He goes from one whore to the other. And, these are considered upper class chicas!!!! They find out he doesn't have much money... then they dump him. He's a real depression case.

There are guys on the board and such that think they are saints and martyrs. If you want something more like that, then go to asia. Most working women down here are pure latin trash. Nothing better. Many that don't work for sex, have a TON of other issues that you don't want to deal with.

The poor girls will use you until they feel your money or patience is totally spent.. After you dump them, they will prank call you. They might threaten you. And, they will probably crawl back for forgiveness. Turn them away like the plague.

The less than poor girls (upper class ticas or whatever you want to call them) will use you until they find your "usefullness" is over.

Wrap your rascal and bang chicas like crazy. Be it hookers or just plain drunk chicas. Just don't call them for a second date. Read that last sentence twice. And, if you feel like calling them for a second date, just go out and hang a pork chop around your neck and wait. Like fishing its only a matter time.

PS. I'm a little buzzed and will probably laugh when i read this in the morning.... But, we all live and learn.

I'm in my mid 20's and i know pretty well what you are saying and i also understand why the other guy wants to settle down.
I wasted my time with a chica because i felt the same way this guy feels now i said to myself it's time to settle down and blah blah i did not realize that this not the age to do so. I know if i find the right girl i should not let her go but i don't waste my time, money or patience on this matter.
Most of the people of my age thinks at mid 20's is time to settle down and is hard to convince them that the life is too short and youth is too short to waste it chasing the novia/esposa fantasy. I think they have to experience this to realize they are wasting their youth.
We better learn that life is about stages, when is time to settle down we'll know it but if we rush this stage we'll find ourselves caged and living "married with Ch**drens"

Pretty wise for your age. Everyone in the US tends to get the marriage craze in their late 20s. I'm 40 and can say that most now are divorced.

Don't waste your 20's on novias/esposas... regardless of location, but especially in Costa Rica. And, if she does happen to be in CR... do yourself a huge favor and pick one close to your age!!! No less than 5 years younger. Because she will be twice as immature, naive and ignorant. So, if she is 25... you got yourself a 15 year old in mental years.... and so on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:12 am 

Hello Aticafan,
I guess that after reading so many different opinions, you are now more confused than when you started the post. It is natural to feel that way, so do not worry. Please, let me have a little contribution to all these different opinions. First, try to forget about what other people think about american or tica girls. The reality is that there are good and bad girls in any place, it does not matter if they are american, tica or else. The most important opinion about any of your past, present or future girls, is your. Yes my friend, your opinion is the most important. Any woman can be real bitch for any other man, but if your mr. wright for her, you can be sure that you going to enjoy a happy company. But the only way to know who is the right girl for you is trying. Wher to find that special Novia? No body knows, if I know it, i do not going to tell you, I will go myself. So Aticafan, good luck with your hunting activities, be patient, and follow your heart and the lessons that you will gain with your own experience. I need to give another advise, once you find the right girl, do not think that that going to last forever. It does not matter how much romantic love you or her may have at the beginning, any honeymoon will last about a year or two, or until the first Ch*ld.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:07 am 

Quote:
Hello Aticafan,
I guess that after reading so many different opinions, you are now more confused than when you started the post. It is natural to feel that way, so do not worry. Please, let me have a little contribution to all these different opinions. First, try to forget about what other people think about american or tica girls. The reality is that there are good and bad girls in any place, it does not matter if they are american, tica or else. The most important opinion about any of your past, present or future girls, is your. Yes my friend, your opinion is the most important. Any woman can be real bitch for any other man, but if your mr. wright for her, you can be sure that you going to enjoy a happy company. But the only way to know who is the right girl for you is trying. Wher to find that special Novia? No body knows, if I know it, i do not going to tell you, I will go myself. So Aticafan, good luck with your hunting activities, be patient, and follow your heart and the lessons that you will gain with your own experience. I need to give another advise, once you find the right girl, do not think that that going to last forever. It does not matter how much romantic love you or her may have at the beginning, any honeymoon will last about a year or two, or until the first Ch*ld.

Reminds me of a bumpersticker I saw once; "No Matter How Good She looks, Some Guy is Still Tired of Her Bullshit!!" :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:55 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

it's not about "bad chicas". It's about whats in your soul. Wake the Phuck up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 pm 

Quote:
it's not about "bad chicas". It's about whats in your soul. Wake the Phuck up.

Who are you directing this to? If its me, you should exercise a little politeness for some non paying 3 post chump.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:43 pm 

Chi_trekker wrote:
Ricotubbs wrote:
Well appreciate the advice,but arent you sort of brings the MORALE down ,by simply not giving CR Ticas a fighting chance to be recognized.I mean if their Profession is being a "Working Girl",thats fine.But there must be some woman who would nt mind the company of An American or Gringo outside of the bedroom.It Just seems like, most of what your saying is agreed upon,but some of it is BEING SELFFISH.If not jealous. Yes Costa Rica does sell more Fantasy than THE MAGIC KINGDOM. But Some Guys work hard all year to make one or two journeys south, to Central America.It Def doesnt help the Morale when, your saying stay away if you want more than XXx,because there are no available single woman in CR.Did you take the last available Woman with wings and a halo? Are there any Barnes and Nobles Cafes( b'cause I would take intellectual Woman.)

Im in Miami Chicas...

I don't know quite how to respond, if I understand this correctly. NO - I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT TAKE THE LAST GOOD ONE. One problem in CR is the pool of women is very small. There are good chicas down here. They are just hard to find. The first place to start, find a hotel away from the Gulch. Here's an idea... the Costa Rica Tennis Club has a hotel and if you stay.... I believe you get club privileges. This is where you might find an upper class chica with an education. The last time I went - it was mostly families... but I do believe I saw some eye candy.

Regarding intellectual chicas.... again you will be stretched to find well educated chicas in CR. Maybe you can find some with a college education???. However, the education level is not the same as in Europe or North America. Concerning the general population... assuming they went to Colegio and received a diploma... maybe they can read a newspaper???? Maybe not???

Regarding girls next door.... this is gonna be like finding a needle in a hay stack. Even the girls in the campo usually pop their seal at a very young age. Most are pregnant by 18. The girls in San Jose.... are lets just say fun and sexy.... but not very innocent.

Here is my opinion - Latinas strengths are sexiness, dancing, fashion, passion and living in the moment.

Weaknesses - intellect, wisdom, worldliness, economics.

Look for someone balanced maybe..... if she can pronounce correctly and discuss economicos. That might be a good a start.... good luck in this category.

Finally.... HOW AM I AFFECTING ANYONES MORALE???? If you're morale is impacted by anything I posted, I don't know what to say. If anything, you should see some hope if you are looking for a relationship in CR. I went through the chica gauntlett and came out alive and well. So, my 3 month experiement turned out long-term and okay. However, I have some advantage. I came down with an income plan and a backup income plan. I came down with lots of savings!!!! I'm younger... mid 30s. My spouse is also mid 30s. I have some game. I can walk into a normal discoteque in CR and pull-out chicas without too much to worry about. I now speak conversational spanish. Finally, I would only look towards paying for sex as a secondary alternative to masturbation. I find that the whole proposition left me feeling totally empty inside and burnt out. I don't even get excited about it. I don't have anything against it, I just don't dig it anymore.

Gotta run....

I am bumping this post, because I am bored and actually this is the 1st time I remember reading Chi's post and find his experiences to be particularly insightful. The first couple of times I came to CR was a long time ago and had some longevity as I was on the ground for 6 months (And no, I am not going to revisit that Old Chestnut, Mister Prolific) What I find particularly insightful is that Chi is actually stating that even regular girls in CR are a little messed up and I have to agree I met a real dozy the first time I nailed a regular girl in CR; yeah, she owned her own little house, but she had a slight cocaine problem (she would do it until there was none left) and was basically a mess.

Even the good girls I dated later did f-ed up shit, like cheating, pretending to be pregnant or trying to get pregnant, etc. So, his point about using caution, even within a relationship with a 'good' girl should be followed as they will do some crazy sheet, just to get to the land of the "Big PX" I regaled the audience here with the regular girl I was banging in Guatemala that conveniently forgot to take her bc shot right before a 4 day Turkey day vacation at Lake Atitlan (and yes, I should have used a condom, but sin condom is just too good).

So, I definitely understand his point about being cautious and kissing lots of frogs before finding the right one. Alas, at the current age and sex drive, the thought of meeting and marrying some little honey(Non Pro) in parts south is starting to fade, but you never know, they say if you find a good country girl in the PI or LOS you got yourself a real keeper. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:13 pm 

Chi had a very good grip on what actually goes on down here. A lot of delusional folks on the board didn't like his posts as I think he hit a little too close to home for some..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:47 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

My friend Rafa has lived in Costa Rica for 20 years. I agree with his saying...."The're all bitches and ho's. I've had both. I prefer ho's." :) :roll: :P

I see little difference between the young women in CR who are working girls now and those who are either not yet working girls or used to be working girls.

The young and exceptionally pretty ones are just like pretty girls in the US - totally focused on finding a super rich guy to treat them like princesses and buy them everything their little heart desires. Just like in the US, you seem to be better off renting such chicas or feeding them bullshit so they will behave (for the short-term) in ways they feel might persuade you to homestead them. Just don't do it - rent or timehare, just don't homestead. In CR just as in the US, this type of female rarely makes a good mate. They are too focused upon themselves and what new purse, shoes, dress or car they want you to buy for them. When you add the CR cultural lying, cheating and bitching to this bad mix, you begin to appreciate ChiTrekker's point of view. Not all women fit into this type, but many of them dream about it or else Paris Hilton, Linsey Lohan, etc., would be pariahs instead of famous. Hell, these bitches are famous even among the young chicas in Costa Rica!

Been there done that. I prefer ho's. When fishing for tuna in CR, the best bait to use is $. They are typically biting in all the same ol'e fishing spots. Practice catch and release. No license required. :D :roll:

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:42 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Lennydo wrote:
My friend Rafa has lived in Costa Rica for 20 years. I agree with his saying...."The're all bitches and ho's. I've had both. I prefer ho's." :) :roll: :P

I see little difference between the young women in CR who are working girls now and those who are either not yet working girls or used to be working girls.

The young and exceptionally pretty ones are just like pretty girls in the US - totally focused on finding a super rich guy to treat them like princesses and buy them everything their little heart desires. Just like in the US, you seem to be better off renting such chicas or feeding them bullshit so they will behave (for the short-term) in ways they feel might persuade you to homestead them. Just don't do it - rent or timehare, just don't homestead. In CR just as in the US, this type of female rarely makes a good mate. They are too focused upon themselves and what new purse, shoes, dress or car they want you to buy for them. When you add the CR cultural lying, cheating and bitching to this bad mix, you begin to appreciate ChiTrekker's point of view. Not all women fit into this type, but many of them dream about it or else Paris Hilton, Linsey Lohan, etc., would be pariahs instead of famous. Hell, these bitches are famous even among the young chicas in Costa Rica!

Been there done that. I prefer ho's. When fishing for tuna in CR, the best bait to use is $. They are typically biting in all the same ol'e fishing spots. Practice catch and release. No license required. :D :roll:

I could'nt have said it better myself. Amen brother!

It's fun to be in love and have great sex but I think the important thing to keep in mind is that most girls are in it for the money. Don't get too emotionally involved because it can and will come back to bite you. And it's never fun being used. Like the saying goes, a whore is a whore and will always be a whore. Well, 99.9% of the time.