www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:12 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I was considering a move to CR once so I spent a couple extended trips doing research. I came to some stark realizations pretty quickly and have to say I think most of Chi_trekkers experiences and observations are not uncommon for expats "our age" that eventually get out of the gulch. Most of them had been burned by novias, business deals, locals and other gringos at one time or another. I also realized the expats that DID seem happy were mainly the retired guys that didn't have to worry about earning a living anymore or taking care of a novia/esposa and K*ds, also maybe their years of wisdom helps them not to get so upset over the daily nuttiness you have to deal with.
Anyway I don't really know Chi_trekker well but have followed his experience on the board from the beginning (the 3 month experiment thread) and figure he's done and seen things most of us will never do in CR during our short trips so just maybe he knows what the hell he's talking about, even if it does sound negative. I could post some drama about gringos and novias outside the gulch too that would rival his tales and leave you scratching your heads but don't want to invade any members privacy. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:20 pm 

It is amazing how some people confuse pessimism, cynicism and masogony with "reality," and haven no capacity for self reflection and insight....And, this comes from someone who would NEVER consider a hooker a girlfreind, and will never be interested in a relationshp with a working girl, so save the BS about rose colord classes-its a poor argument (and, talk about defensivness!!) .listening to relationship advice from those who constantly fail at it is like taking business advise from a pauper- not smart....But, it is a time honored tradition on CRT (and other forums, really) to give advice about things one knows nothing about...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:01 pm 

PacoLoco wrote:
I was considering a move to CR once so I spent a couple extended trips doing research. I came to some stark realizations pretty quickly and have to say I think most of Chi_trekkers experiences and observations are not uncommon for expats "our age" that eventually get out of the gulch. Most of them had been burned by novias, business deals, locals and other gringos at one time or another. I also realized the expats that DID seem happy were mainly the retired guys that didn't have to worry about earning a living anymore or taking care of a novia/esposa and K*ds, also maybe their years of wisdom helps them not to get so upset over the daily nuttiness you have to deal with.
Anyway I don't really know Chi_trekker well but have followed his experience on the board from the beginning (the 3 month experiment thread) and figure he's done and seen things most of us will never do in CR during our short trips so just maybe he knows what the hell he's talking about, even if it does sound negative. I could post some drama about gringos and novias outside the gulch too that would rival his tales and leave you scratching your heads but don't want to invade any members privacy. :oops:

Yep - Paco... that 3 month experiment is now past three years. Do I have any regrets? Sometimes I have felt that it was a mistake. And, sometimes I feel like I had been wasting time down here. But, now I certainly feel it is destiny as I have a family here. Yes, I'm a daddy two times.

I dont want to post personal things on this board. But, I'm certain the rumor mill is already buzzing.

So, for those that dont know, yes I married a tica and we now have two K*ds. So, my three month experiment certainly turned into something more permanent. I only post this because I'm certain most already know. We are happy and there is no end in sight.

And, somehow guys seem to think that my experiences dating were failures. I don't get that!!!! I kissed some bad frogs and finally found a princess.

BTW... how did I find a chica that is NOT as bad as the rest of them? I stopped hanging around the gulch and I stopped hanging around gringo spots. Gringo hangouts tend to attract girls just looking for a sack of money. Working or non-working. Upperclass or lower class... they are in that place for money.... not much else.

I went through a LOT OF BAD chicas to find one good. How???? I took risks. I made mistakes. I wasted time on some bad ones. And, perhaps fired too early a good one.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not some kind of a moral preacher. I'm just saying it - the way it is.

Here's a another hint of wisdom for yáll - IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, MAYBE IT REALLY IT IS.

So, if you are twenty years older and she is 100x hotter than you. Maybe she really isnt in love with you afterall. Maybe its all about the money?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:07 pm 

How can I dummy this down....

1. Girls next door practically don't exist in CR
2. Negativity and reality shouldn't be confused. Reality isn't all that negative
3. If you cant snap yourself out of the fantasy, better off staying in the states
4. The fantasy can and usually does end bad
5. If you are with a chica, hooker or non-hooker, better to be a little bit on the cautious side

As the locals down here say "Hay que andar con mucho cuidado en Costa Rica." If this is true for locals, multiple this times a factor of 10 for foreigners with money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:04 pm 

jaja This is the best phucking novella going! Thanks for the entertainment... Was depressed and the silliness definitely made me smile a little.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:54 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Chi_trekker wrote:
This topic was about a young guy who wanted to find a girl next door type down here in CR. I still haven't heard anyone saying.... OHH YEAHHH TONS OF EM DOWN HERE. Just go here and look there or go there and look here.

No man.... its just not that easy in Costa Rica. You want to find a sweet-tempered girl, with innocence and virginity, your only chance in CR is in a monastery.

Where exactly does one find those sweet-tempered girls with innocence and virginity, even in the U.S.? Do they even exist? And why does it have to be a choice between a "Madonna" (no, not the singer) or a "Whore"?

Maybe what the original poster meant was that he wanted to try to find a level-headed, normal girl with an education and some common sense, who isn't a pro, a neurotic or a psychotic. Someone who's had a few boyfriends (isn't a virgin), but also isn't a slut.

They exist throughout the world though they don't usually wear identifying signs, so I don't know why they wouldn't also be in Costa Rica.

I'm not saying that the world is overflowing with them, and our young original poster would have to live in country and speak Spanish to have any chance of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:11 pm 

Congratulation Chi, I did not know. Good for you. Now we can both agree them spanish girls like to make baby's.

Santa, Hank, That mirror can be real negative sometimes. But you can not love others till you love yourself.

Damm Chi, thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:01 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Well appreciate the advice,but arent you sort of brings the MORALE down ,by simply not giving CR Ticas a fighting chance to be recognized.I mean if their Profession is being a "Working Girl",thats fine.But there must be some woman who would nt mind the company of An American or Gringo outside of the bedroom.It Just seems like, most of what your saying is agreed upon,but some of it is BEING SELFFISH.If not jealous. Yes Costa Rica does sell more Fantasy than THE MAGIC KINGDOM. But Some Guys work hard all year to make one or two journeys south, to Central America.It Def doesnt help the Morale when, your saying stay away if you want more than XXx,because there are no available single woman in CR.Did you take the last available Woman with wings and a halo? Are there any Barnes and Nobles Cafes( b'cause I would take intellectual Woman.)

Im in Miami Chicas...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:42 am 

Ricotubbs wrote:
Well appreciate the advice,but arent you sort of brings the MORALE down ,by simply not giving CR Ticas a fighting chance to be recognized.I mean if their Profession is being a "Working Girl",thats fine.But there must be some woman who would nt mind the company of An American or Gringo outside of the bedroom.It Just seems like, most of what your saying is agreed upon,but some of it is BEING SELFFISH.If not jealous. Yes Costa Rica does sell more Fantasy than THE MAGIC KINGDOM. But Some Guys work hard all year to make one or two journeys south, to Central America.It Def doesnt help the Morale when, your saying stay away if you want more than XXx,because there are no available single woman in CR.Did you take the last available Woman with wings and a halo? Are there any Barnes and Nobles Cafes( b'cause I would take intellectual Woman.)

Im in Miami Chicas...

I don't know quite how to respond, if I understand this correctly. NO - I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT TAKE THE LAST GOOD ONE. One problem in CR is the pool of women is very small. There are good chicas down here. They are just hard to find. The first place to start, find a hotel away from the Gulch. Here's an idea... the Costa Rica Tennis Club has a hotel and if you stay.... I believe you get club privileges. This is where you might find an upper class chica with an education. The last time I went - it was mostly families... but I do believe I saw some eye candy.

Regarding intellectual chicas.... again you will be stretched to find well educated chicas in CR. Maybe you can find some with a college education???. However, the education level is not the same as in Europe or North America. Concerning the general population... assuming they went to Colegio and received a diploma... maybe they can read a newspaper???? Maybe not???

Regarding girls next door.... this is gonna be like finding a needle in a hay stack. Even the girls in the campo usually pop their seal at a very young age. Most are pregnant by 18. The girls in San Jose.... are lets just say fun and sexy.... but not very innocent.

Here is my opinion - Latinas strengths are sexiness, dancing, fashion, passion and living in the moment.

Weaknesses - intellect, wisdom, worldliness, economics.

Look for someone balanced maybe..... if she can pronounce correctly and discuss economicos. That might be a good a start.... good luck in this category.

Finally.... HOW AM I AFFECTING ANYONES MORALE???? If you're morale is impacted by anything I posted, I don't know what to say. If anything, you should see some hope if you are looking for a relationship in CR. I went through the chica gauntlett and came out alive and well. So, my 3 month experiement turned out long-term and okay. However, I have some advantage. I came down with an income plan and a backup income plan. I came down with lots of savings!!!! I'm younger... mid 30s. My spouse is also mid 30s. I have some game. I can walk into a normal discoteque in CR and pull-out chicas without too much to worry about. I now speak conversational spanish. Finally, I would only look towards paying for sex as a secondary alternative to masturbation. I find that the whole proposition left me feeling totally empty inside and burnt out. I don't even get excited about it. I don't have anything against it, I just don't dig it anymore.

Gotta run....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:37 pm 

Location: Downtown San Jose, Costa Rica, the BELLY of the BEAST
Quote:
Chi_trekker wrote:

This topic was about a young guy who wanted to find a girl next door type down here in CR. I still haven't heard anyone saying.... OHH YEAHHH TONS OF EM DOWN HERE. Just go here and look there or go there and look here.

No man.... its just not that easy in Costa Rica. You want to find a sweet-tempered girl, with innocence and virginity, your only chance in CR is in a monastery.

If you are looking for innocence and virginity, I'd say you are screwed anywhere in the civilized world. And you are not just screwed because you won't find them, you are screwed because you think that it's important.

Here we are on a site for guys who routinely consort with prostitutes, and we are looking for a virgin? Seriously? Did we somehow stumble into the Wayback Machine and get transported back to the Victorian age by accident? Looking for a VIRGIN? I hear there are some in Afghanistan.

If you want an innocent virgin I suggest you join a fundamentalist sect somewhere. If not Afghanistan maybe Lynchburg, VA. Don't worry, you wouldn't be the only hypocrite there.

Excluding innocent and virginal women, I have met a LOT of very honest, caring, reasonably even tempered women in Costa Rica. I met most of them when they were working as prostitutes. Some have given up, some still work. I don't want to get married or even have a steady girlfriend, but the reason is not because I can't find anybody who isn't a drama queen or a head case.

When I get a little older I will probably choose to live with somebody who will take care of me in my dotage and in exchange I will take care of her financially. I expect it will be someone caring, honest and goodhearted. For now I will continue to enjoy variety and the company of those I have come to know and appreciate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:39 pm 

Bilko wrote:
Quote:
Chi_trekker wrote:

Excluding innocent and virginal women, I have met a LOT of very honest, caring, reasonably even tempered women in Costa Rica. I met most of them when they were working as prostitutes. Some have given up, some still work. I don't want to get married or even have a steady girlfriend, but the reason is not because I can't find anybody who isn't a drama queen or a head case.

When I get a little older I will probably choose to live with somebody who will take care of me in my dotage and in exchange I will take care of her financially. I expect it will be someone caring, honest and goodhearted. For now I will continue to enjoy variety and the company of those I have come to know and appreciate.

Thanks for the honest, blanced and human response. See, REALITY does not have to be dark, twisted and bitter...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:39 pm 

Bilko wrote:
Quote:
Chi_trekker wrote:

If you are looking for innocence and virginity, I'd say you are screwed anywhere in the civilized world. And you are not just screwed because you won't find them, you are screwed because you think that it's important.

Here we are on a site for guys who routinely consort with prostitutes, and we are looking for a virgin? Seriously? Did we somehow stumble into the Wayback Machine and get transported back to the Victorian age by accident? Looking for a VIRGIN? I hear there are some in Afghanistan.

If you want an innocent virgin I suggest you join a fundamentalist sect somewhere. If not Afghanistan maybe Lynchburg, VA. Don't worry, you wouldn't be the only hypocrite there.

I doubt the dude was looking for a virgin. However, virginity and innocence goes with the girls next door stereotype.

Either way - I think I've beaten that to death. When I look at chicas in CR, I sometimes wonder how many miles of C*ck have been inside of them??? Then, I think..... if its one mile or less, then she's relatively innocent. :P Then, I wondoer how many miles of pu*sy I've eaten??? I'm not innocent either... which is probably how I ended up here in the first place. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:03 am 

Chi_trekker wrote:

[/quote]
Regarding intellectual chicas.... again you will be stretched to find well educated chicas in CR. Maybe you can find some with a college education???. However, the education level is not the same as in Europe or North America. Concerning the general population... assuming they went to Colegio and received a diploma... maybe they can read a newspaper???? Maybe not???
[/quote]

You got that right...so true!

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:42 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Chi.. Some guys travel to CR for something more than just a fling.
Out of 10 guys ,One or Two may seek relationships with Ticas.
Whether it works or not ,well;I guess time will tell.
Anyways ,it worked for you,so who KNOWS.

Im in MIAMI CHICAS...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:06 am 

Chi,

Thanks for all the input and I am glad things are working out. You can find a girl anywhere. I know cause I had a novia in Mexico, DR and Brazil. It didn't work out bcs of distance and it takes two to tango. I wasn't dancing. All three non-working girls. One of my buddies married the cousin of the Mexican novia. Been married over 10 yrs with two K*ds and no real drama. He still thanks me today for pushing him into her on the beach in Acapulco (I mean literally). Yes, even in the good ole US, they exist. I have at least four buddies with good stories to tell with gringas.

Now I wonder what happened to me? :lol: And it is not CR, I've just always been this way.

Dean

" most of the girls down here, lie as a self defense mechanism and to not have to face the truth, thinking most men couldn't accept them knowing the whole truth. Simpler, they may just want men to think they are as perfect as they want to appear to them, trying to hide what they consider to be the ugly truth about themselves. And I may be reading more into it than is there, but I do believe they consider the basis of the lies to be justified."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next