www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Throwing Stones
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:49 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Phantom wrote:
Chi_trekker wrote:
Phantom wrote:
Great post. Thanks for making it real.

I actually read this a little bit closer and now I understand.

Thanks for making it real... sounds more like .... "thanks for making my fantasy more real."

However, I NOW realize it was all just fantasy. They guys that can't seem to shake the fantasy, are often the guys that get burnt.

Honestly this entire train of thought reflects a completely narcissistic point of view. I can guarantee you that the lives of these women are not a fantasy. These are real human beings, with real problems that come from difficult circumstances.

I don't blame you for not wanting to get tangled up in their problems. I learned my lesson just as you have. The difference between you and I is that I don't feel like I have earned the right to judge these women. To suggest that the realities of their lives is in infringement on "your fantasy" is absolutely self centered and arrogant.

Nothing personal, but your view is all too common and makes us all look bad.

Your last point is actually reverse. My point of view is what makes us look good. They provide a valuable service - like any other personal service and when you need to get a nut off - that is what it is what they are for. Its strictly a personal service that happens to be legal in this country.

What makes us look bad - is your side. The locals are actually APPAULED when they see gringos come down here and treat these girls like princesses. Throw money at them. Spoil them. Show them off in restaurants. Take 'em to the mall and walk around with loads of shopping bags. They especially despise seeing the really drunk older guy with a chica 30 years younger in a place like TGIFs.

Give it time and you'll learnn - I hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:59 pm 

Not really on either side per se... Not real sure why it is such an emotional topic for some though..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:17 pm 

Location: Downtown San Jose, Costa Rica, the BELLY of the BEAST
Thirdworld wrote:
Not really on either side per se... Not real sure why it is such an emotional topic for some though..

Those who have been burned are one faction. Another faction are those who are trying a little too hard to resist temptation themselves. There's a term in psychology for this but it escapes me at the moment, but it's a defense mechanism of some sort. I doubt any totally gay man would get emotional about this issue since he isn't tempted by the temptresses... unless you were talking about Pucho's dancers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:30 pm 

Senor "Voice of Reason" Bilko,

Is the following a "pussibility?"

Quote:
Savior Complex
Otherwise known as beating your head against a wall...

If you are under the misconception that you could someday fill the attention-cup of the narcissist it is time for a reality check. There is no filling their vast reservoir. You can labor intensively for the rest of your life only to find yourself being condemned by the narcissist for never doing anything for them. (I'm betting you've already heard the narcissist say something like this.) At some point they will push you to utter hopelessness if you have insisted on clinging to the hope that you could ever be enough for them. My advice? Give it up now. Don't wait to hit the dregs of despair. Take that as sage advice from the voice of experience...because that is what it is.

Are you one of those people with a savior-complex? Are you convinced that the narcissist's redemption lies in the vast repository of love and hope you keep your heart? Alas, you have my very deepest sympathies. I assure you, at some point you will find yourself crashed upon the rocks of reality. Reality is this: no one can save the narcissist. How many more years of your life are you willing to waste on a project that is doomed to utter failure? A saviour can only save someone who recognizes their need for salvation. The narcissist is above all that. You are his inferior. You are the one in need of reformation so you can better fulfill the narcissist's endless demands.

And, please, think about this: When you expend yourself to fulfill the demands of the narcissist it is exactly the same as granting every petulant wish of a four year old. Has any four year old become better behaved by this indulgence? Quite the opposite. Neither will the narcissist. By sticking with him you are making him worse.

Stop right here and let that sink all the way in.

By staying with the narcissist you are part of the problem, not the solution. The only hope for the narcissist, as slim as that hope is, is to find himself utterly alone. It is the only time the narcissist has to confront herself. Only a crisis will induce a narcissist to seek out help from a professional. Chances are very small that the narcissist will stick with therapy long enough to deal with their real issue which is their narcissism. Once their presenting problem (i.e. depression) is fixed, they flit off never to be seen by their therapist again. But that isn't your problem either. Life is too short to waste it on someone who can never reciprocate, who is incapable of entering into your feelings, who will suck the life out of you and then kick your corpse as you lay lifeless reviling you for dying on them. Give your regard, your love, your energies to someone who can actually receive and appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:41 pm 

Luck4unme wrote:
Senor "Voice of Reason" Bilko,

Is the following a "pussibility?"

Quote:
Savior Complex
Otherwise known as beating your head against a wall...

If you are under the misconception that you could someday fill the attention-cup of the narcissist it is time for a reality check. There is no filling their vast reservoir. You can labor intensively for the rest of your life only to find yourself being condemned by the narcissist for never doing anything for them. (I'm betting you've already heard the narcissist say something like this.) At some point they will push you to utter hopelessness if you have insisted on clinging to the hope that you could ever be enough for them. My advice? Give it up now. Don't wait to hit the dregs of despair. Take that as sage advice from the voice of experience...because that is what it is.

Are you one of those people with a savior-complex? Are you convinced that the narcissist's redemption lies in the vast repository of love and hope you keep your heart? Alas, you have my very deepest sympathies. I assure you, at some point you will find yourself crashed upon the rocks of reality. Reality is this: no one can save the narcissist. How many more years of your life are you willing to waste on a project that is doomed to utter failure? A saviour can only save someone who recognizes their need for salvation. The narcissist is above all that. You are his inferior. You are the one in need of reformation so you can better fulfill the narcissist's endless demands.

And, please, think about this: When you expend yourself to fulfill the demands of the narcissist it is exactly the same as granting every petulant wish of a four year old. Has any four year old become better behaved by this indulgence? Quite the opposite. Neither will the narcissist. By sticking with him you are making him worse.

Stop right here and let that sink all the way in.

By staying with the narcissist you are part of the problem, not the solution. The only hope for the narcissist, as slim as that hope is, is to find himself utterly alone. It is the only time the narcissist has to confront herself. Only a crisis will induce a narcissist to seek out help from a professional. Chances are very small that the narcissist will stick with therapy long enough to deal with their real issue which is their narcissism. Once their presenting problem (i.e. depression) is fixed, they flit off never to be seen by their therapist again. But that isn't your problem either. Life is too short to waste it on someone who can never reciprocate, who is incapable of entering into your feelings, who will suck the life out of you and then kick your corpse as you lay lifeless reviling you for dying on them. Give your regard, your love, your energies to someone who can actually receive and appreciate it.

Dude, that was painful. Next time you want to shine some light on a subject, give them a warning. You just shot every “novio” on the board between the eyes. But I bet you that they are still saying “Mine is different”. :P :P :P :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:45 pm 

Good post, but is guaranteed to bring out some whining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:17 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

For those of you that tell it like it is (Bilko, Thirdworld, Chi_trekker, etc.), you get so much fire from some because you come here to rain on their parade of hope. In their mind, they're the real deal and because of it, they'll be rewarded (wishful thinking) with the everlasting, faithful love of a young, hot, Latina "lady of the night".
Come on guys, what you do is like telling your 35 years old cousing that there's no Santa Claus!
:twisted:

Happy Holidays Fellow Mongers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:00 pm 

I honestly don't have any side on this topic..... I actually love working girls who DATE gringos..... I have gotten many favors off of them in my time down here.. If they have a benefactor, they might be more likely to play with me for less..... I love having a chica in my bed that is paid for by another dude.... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:59 pm 

Thirdworld wrote:
I honestly don't have any side on this topic..... I actually love working girls who DATE gringos..... I have gotten many favors off of them in my time down here.. If they have a benefactor, they might be more likely to play with me for less..... I love having a chica in my bed that is paid for by another dude.... :twisted:

Lol, damn that's dirty but hilarious.... :lol:

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:31 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

3rdW, :roll: Another dude pays for your bed? well to each his own...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:40 pm 

Location: Referred to the OIG by Mucho Gusto after mysterious fire at his gay night club.
Johnarizona wrote:
3rdW, :roll: Another dude pays for your bed? well to each his own...

No. He said that they will play with him for less. Meaning that a girl getting money from a guy back in the US is likely to charge Thirdworld less for her time since she isn't in need of the cash. It really is a win/win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:52 pm 

Bilko wrote:
Thirdworld wrote:

Those who have been burned are one faction. Another faction are those who are trying a little too hard to resist temptation themselves. There's a term in psychology for this but it escapes me at the moment, but it's a defense mechanism of some sort. I doubt any totally gay man would get emotional about this issue since he isn't tempted by the temptresses... unless you were talking about Pucho's dancers.

It is called "reaction formation", FYI (the defense mechanism).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:06 am 

Thirdworld wrote:
..... I love having a chica in my bed that is paid for by another dude.... :twisted:

Thats why the ticos love us! :wink:

Post subject: Re: Throwing Stones
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:44 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Chi_trekker wrote:
country.

What makes us look bad - is your side. The locals are actually APPAULED when they see gringos come down here and treat these girls like princesses. Throw money at them. Spoil them. Show them off in restaurants. Take 'em to the mall and walk around with loads of shopping bags. They especially despise seeing the really drunk older guy with a chica 30 years younger in a place like TGIFs.

Give it time and you'll learnn - I hope.

I have never, not once, said that we should treat them like princesses. That is most certainly not my MO. I am the one the wears the pants with my Latinas.

I will also grant you that you make a number of good points. I don't take exception with much of what you have written.

My central point is that Costa Rica is all about "Live and Let Live". We all have our problems in life, some more than others.

What I take exception to is the notion by some that they are superior to the women in the trade because their problems are less extreme than then the puta they hire to bring them pleasure.

Further, it is not a matter of sticking up for Gringos that I take exception to. It is sticking up for Gringos that are jerks, the ones that think they are better because they have more money and fewer problems.

Those types of people are not welcome here in Costa Rica. Not by Ticos and not by the vast majority of us that are trying to make a life here.

You may not fall into that category. I am the last one to judge someone from a discussion in a BB. But I do know that there are plenty that come here that are like that. I have no use for those people and I have no problem telling them to their face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:54 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Gypsy wrote:
For those of you that tell it like it is (Bilko, Thirdworld, Chi_trekker, etc.), you get so much fire from some because you come here to rain on their parade of hope. In their mind, they're the real deal and because of it, they'll be rewarded (wishful thinking) with the everlasting, faithful love of a young, hot, Latina "lady of the night".
Come on guys, what you do is like telling your 35 years old cousing that there's no Santa Claus!
:twisted:

Happy Holidays Fellow Mongers

Hope is not part of the equation brother. I am a realist and fully understand the game, more than you I can pretty much guarantee. I have been behind the curtain and I know what goes on from the other side. I have no illusions. I will be the first to tell anyone that if they have an tica novia from afar they are almost certainly being played.

All I am saying is that we are dealing with human beings, not fantasies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next