www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:56 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Don't begrudge anyone wanting a better life and not knowing exactly how to acheive it.

i'm living that. your post has great insight. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:58 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Quote:
I would do about anything with selling my ass to rich women being easier than robbery and murder

Lucky man! My ass never brought in much from the rich gals, robbery and murder were really all I had.

Luckily I put away enough to retire soon, many others just couldn't manage that. It's funny, in a way, how so much of my earnings go to those who find it easier to sell their ass than rob or murder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:45 am 

Phantom wrote:
Pops wrote:

Enjoy your life but never judge the actions of others without taking into account that their individual circumstances were different than yours.

This is clearly a notion that is certainly lost on some of the jackasses on this board!

It would be better for all of us if those that don't get it would just stay home.

Great post. Thanks for making it real.

That was a good post and I empathize with some of what you say.

In my early days, I actually fell for one of the princesses, however, it didn't last very long and didn't really cost me anything. I decided that her life, her poverty, her bad parents, and her 4 Ch*ldren were not my responsibility. Why does that make me a jackass???? Each Ch*ld had a different father. I tried to get her a real job countless times. Her sister and mother were great babysitters. She just didn't want to work. She only wanted an easy dollar. She started begging for money for this and that. I decided to tell her to buzz off. I got off easy.

There are clearly two sides to this issue. The "don't date them" side is not judging negatively their upbringing or general life condition. They clearly have had different options, and likely, much, much fewer opportunities. This side is just saying - that "stuff" is not my responsibility. We are also trying to inform the "uninformed" or the countless gringos that come down here and think they have found love at first sight in the HDR. Whats wrong with that?

But there are two points you may be overlooking: Less than 1% of women in Costa Rica are prostitutes. Why limit yourself or take the easy way out? Secondly, when your heart goes out to these women, which you deem are saintly and have very few options, what are you saying about the other 99% of women in CR that are truly busting their ass off to make ends meat or better their lives??? Many of whom are living much poorer, than these pretty girls who can earn $100 an hour by visiting that big pink hotel in the city.

Why is the "don't date 'em" side always the opinionated jackass? We never call the other side names. Everyone has the right to live as they chose. This issue - like many issues - has two sides.

Post subject: Re: Throwing Stones
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:05 pm 

Phantom wrote:

I actually read this a little bit closer and now I understand.

Thanks for making it real... sounds more like .... "thanks for making my fantasy more real."

Everyone is entitled to his or her own fantasy. No arguments there. But, when you live down here and you see soooooo many guys getting routed, cheated on, and financially taken by their novias, it just gets old.

People come down here to live in fantasy land. Some people fly here - live the fantasy - and can't seem to forget about it and live somewhat of a void life in the states only to be happy by visiting here. I was a victim to this. Some people come down - live the fantasy - and never leave. I'm also a victim of this. I live here.

However, I NOW realize it was all just fantasy. They guys that can't seem to shake the fantasy, are often the guys that get burnt.

A senior veteran of the board - who is also on the other side of the issue - once told me something that I'll never forget...

"In Costa Rica, the men have the pu*sy and the women have the dick." He said this referring to all the ladies lined-up waiting for their customers. I learned this, not really the hard way, it could have been A LOTTTTT worse. But, looking back... this is one of the wisest statements I can remember down here. We have the pu*sy. They have the dick. Maybe one day you will thank me for telling you this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:58 pm 

Pops wrote:

Quote:
I was the son of a depression era woman from a realitively poor family. She was not well educated but worked day and night to give me the oportunity to get an education

She may not have been well educated but she sure imparted incredible wisdom.

Isn't it amazing how much love and satisfaction you can receive from simply loving someone because you want to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:59 pm 

Duplicate post deleted.

Last edited by GoodToGo on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:30 pm 

Luck4unme wrote:
Isn't it amazing how much love and satisfaction you can receive from simply loving someone because you want to?

I agree. But some people still feel the need to shit on those who choose to live their lives how they please...

But it's guys who got burned, so now they have all the answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:53 pm 

Sorry for the double post!

Happy Holidays.....

Last edited by Santas Bro on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:54 pm 

A Part of What Pops Wrote:

Quote:
Enjoy your life but never judge the actions of others without taking into account that their individual circumstances were different than yours.

It is impossible for humans not to judge. Judgment is feeling driven, and is not factual in nature.

IMHO, when judging becomes wrong is when I need to make my judgment right. I used to be a pro at this in a former mental state. I would beat people up with words until they would verbally agree with me, and then say "What an asshole", when I was gone. It didn't matter because I felt superior for that fleeting moment, although it still did not make my judgment right.

IMHO, continue to judge, which I believe is impossible not to do, but do not attempt to make yours right, nor attack others who disagree. Judgment can never be right, nor wrong, it lacks data, and is very personal in nature.

Just as this post is my judgement, and by its nature cannot be right, nor wrong.

"There but for the grace of God go I"!!!! Thanks for making me think Pops.

Happy holidays to all...

Steve - Santas Bro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:13 pm 

Orange wrote:
Luck4unme wrote:

I agree. But some people still feel the need to shit on those who choose to live their lives how they please...

But it's guys who got burned, so now they have all the answers.

Orange,

Nobody is shitting on you. At least I'm not. I'm not telling anyone how to live. The world is free. I agree there are both sides of this issue. I have never been 'burnt' by any of these girls, because I have listened to others.

If it feels so right and so good, then do it. Why do you care what other people think?

I'm only thinking of the guys that come down, totally uninformed, and get totally washed-out and trashed. I've seen it many times. These people have the right to read this board and see both side of the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:29 pm 

Truely touching!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:14 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Chi_trekker wrote:
Phantom wrote:
Pops wrote:

This is clearly a notion that is certainly lost on some of the jackasses on this board!

It would be better for all of us if those that don't get it would just stay home.

That was a good post and I empathize with some of what you say.

In my early days, I actually fell for one of the princesses, however, it didn't last very long and didn't really cost me anything. I decided that her life, her poverty, her bad parents, and her 4 Ch*ldren were not my responsibility. Why does that make me a jackass????

Been there and done that ....... No one can blame you for not wanting to take on the responsibility for someone else's situation. There is nothing wrong with putting your own priorities in line.

That is not the point however.

The point is, just because you have rightfully decided that it is not a life for you, it certainly does not give you the right to judge someone else's life. Who gave you the right?

Post subject: Re: Throwing Stones
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:27 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Chi_trekker wrote:
Phantom wrote:

Thanks for making it real... sounds more like .... "thanks for making my fantasy more real."

However, I NOW realize it was all just fantasy. They guys that can't seem to shake the fantasy, are often the guys that get burnt.

Honestly this entire train of thought reflects a completely narcissistic point of view. I can guarantee you that the lives of these women are not a fantasy. These are real human beings, with real problems that come from difficult circumstances.

I don't blame you for not wanting to get tangled up in their problems. I learned my lesson just as you have. The difference between you and I is that I don't feel like I have earned the right to judge these women. To suggest that the realities of their lives is in infringement on "your fantasy" is absolutely self centered and arrogant.

Nothing personal, but your view is all too common and makes us all look bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:42 am 

I have never been burned. What I do know is that the collective wisdom of the wise will testify that they have witnessed more "crispy gringos" than those who are "broiled to perfection". Based on that, I choose to travel a different road. The "road" is easy to find. Take a right or left at the "Y". Driving straight ahead results in falling off into a bottomless pit in which few return. :D

Berk.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:43 am 

Phantom wrote:
Chi_trekker wrote:
Phantom wrote:

Honestly this entire train of thought reflects a completely narcissistic point of view. I can guarantee you that the lives of these women are not a fantasy. These are real human beings, with real problems that come from difficult circumstances.

I don't blame you for not wanting to get tangled up in their problems. I learned my lesson just as you have. The difference between you and I is that I don't feel like I have earned the right to judge these women. To suggest that the realities of their lives is in infringement on "your fantasy" is absolutely self centered and arrogant.

Nothing personal, but your view is all too common and makes us all look bad.

Concerning your last two points - people have the 100% right to hold an opinion and/or make a judgment. Do they not? For example, in previous post, you called people that don't approve of data putas to be jackasses. Isn't that itself a blatant judgment? You can feel as you wish. I only asked - why are we always the assholes - when we are they guys sticking up for the gringos?

I'm not judging the women down here. A very small amount of women in this country work in the sex industry. Gringos that fly down here just assume every woman down here is a hooker and they all have it bad (not of it is their fault - they are saints, beaten down by their dog-like tico husbands and ultimately princesses). Another myth brought down from NA is that "tica" is synonymous with "hooker." All the girls in the HDR are ticas, for example. A minority of women are actually ticas. Many are nicas, dominicans, colombianas, etc. Its more accurate to call them all "chicas" but then you are still assuming that all chicas are hookers in latin america.

You seem relatively new here and I will guess by your posts - you have fallen for one.

The women described in the previous post, which everyone chimed in as being ONE OF THE GREATEST POSTS ON CRT is not really the norm.

In comparison to the 99% of the women in CR who are not hookers and are in school, taking care of the family or working in mainstream jobs - these working girls are lazy, party girls. Have you ever heard of "Viviendo la vida facile."???? This is common expression when locals tak about sex workers. Translation - they are living the easy life.

For the guys on the board - new and old - who don't understand this, you just need to ask the locals. For the guys, who feel they are a knight in shining armor, and you believe all of their stories and lies, then you just need to stick around longer. Live the fantasy out and you will learn.

If you don't like what I'm saying, then maybe its because you don't like what you are hearing. If you don't like what you are hearing - BUT - you are happy and content, simply ignore it. This post isn't for you. This post is for the new guy that comes down and truly doesn't understand a thing about how it all works in Costa Rica.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next