www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:40 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Pacifica55 wrote:
TimBones wrote:
In a way, you can't really blame them after meeting "us, gringos" who figure the way to a women's heart is by showering them with gifts, money, etc. They are just playing the odds that some Captain Save A Ho will gallop to their aid so they can buy some extra snow for Christmas Parties. :oops:

RFMs tell a monger how he is perceived. If she thinks the monger is a soft touch and can be played she casts a line. If she thinks that the monger knows the score and her request will be met with derision, embarrassing her for even asking, she won't bother to ask.

Yes, that is basically what I said. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:58 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

TimBones wrote:
In a way, you can't really blame them after meeting "us, gringos" who figure the way to a women's heart is by showering them with gifts, money, etc. They are just playing the odds that some Captain Save A Ho will gallop to their aid so they can buy some extra snow for Christmas Parties. :oops:

I can send them all the (real) snow they can use. I've been shoveling the shit for a solid three days this week :) Yesterday I spent 30 minutes chipping half an inch of ice off my car. January can not get here soon enough for me! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:44 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Orange wrote:
I have gotten a grand total of 1 RFM, which came after my very first trip. I declined harshly. :x In the 30+ trips since, I have exchanged emails with dozens of chicas and not one has RFM'd me.

+1

And 80% of chica's have my contact info.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:17 am 

Although I would advise the chicas sending one to everyone, I agree with what Cujo always says. If you get RFM's you are probably seen as a sucker, mark, etc. The send one to everyone is advice for the chicas that are not so smart. They can't discern guys that know what is going on from suckers. For the smarter chicas, they can use their judgement.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:11 pm 

Sometimes you just have to call things for what they are. I noticed apprehension among members when discussing rfm's because (as a whole) it carry's such a negative connotation.
And because of that and ego, some don't learn from the experience but rather play it off as a "latina" thing or a "they all do it" attitude. Giving resistance to that causes a riff to say the least. I learn what I can over the years from those more experienced than me, but this has always been a subject I've stood firm on. I have never mentioned the fact I've never been rfm'd because (conversely) it carries a cocky or braggart connotation with it. It shouldn't... :|

Chicas do have shame and when the dust settles, exchanging email or contact information is fine the question is how do you know if she will rfm you?

Trust, if (she cares) what you think...it simply won't happen.

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 pm 

Now in all fairness, not sure if my lack of RFM's have been out of respect or them knowing how I live.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:42 pm 

Cujo'S wrote:
............how do you know if she will rfm you?

Cujo

Yes, but my TICA had a family emergency and she said it was an emergency. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:37 pm 

Texas&Vegas wrote:
Cujo'S wrote:
............how do you know if she will rfm you?

Cujo

Yes, but my TICA had a family emergency and she said it was an emergency. :roll:

Yeah and what else is she telling you... :wink:

Disclaimer: The above is merely the opinion of the author unless specific scientific data is included.
Your mileage may vary. https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewto ... 978#206978

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:51 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I don't hold any illusions about what an RFM really means. I don't sweat it much really but I'll definitely be talking with this little chica about it when I see her and letting her know that I don't think to much of the practice. I'm not going to cut her off for one transgression though. To me it would be kind of silly to get upset over this one slip up but be perfectly fine when someone else tries to upcharge. In the end, they are all with you because you pay them to be with you. And this particular Chica is fun to be with and she has spent a lot of time with me over my last two visits that she never "billed" me for. I have the feeling that she has been pressured a bit from her friends to "work the gringo guilt", sort to speak.

What's funny though is I get the impression that some people on this forum think this sort of practice (RFM's that is) is exclusive to working girls in tourist type areas like CR. In fact, I have seen the same tactics used by many different women in all walks of life. Case in point... An old girlfriend called me the other night. This women tore my heart out 10 years ago. So I was kinda suspicious when I get this call out of nowhere. And sure as shit... I soon find out that her current boyfriend dumped her and she's broke and alone just before Christmas with her K*ds and how would I like to come over for lunch. "Ummm... sorry, I have plans!" :shock:

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

- or the version I like the best, from Richard Tarlton, an Elizabethan clown....

"For Who deceives me once, God forgive him; if twice, God forgive him; but if thrice, God forgive him, but not me, because I could not beware."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:54 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

[quote="PlaneCrazy"]
Once on her birthday and again on her twin's birthday.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol

Sorry, Maybe you should have written it "on her twin ch*ldren's birthday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:14 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Baqueta wrote:
PlaneCrazy wrote:
Once on her birthday and again on her twin's birthday.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol

Sorry, Maybe you should have written it "on her twin ch*ldren's birthday.

LOL :)

Never fear. Those natural delights get my full attention in person. Not by cheque 8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:00 pm 

JMS wrote:
I find it best not to give my email out.

No, but this one is different, I swear...... :P