www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:41 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Muadib wrote:
Once a working girl, always a working girl...

Unless you can get them out of the life very quickly, the profession warps their brains to where ever man is just a mark, waiting to be worked...

Just sayin'...

In my opinion, close but no cigar. Instead, I would say that the profession warps their brain so that they feel they cannot trust any man.

In the beginning everything is cool. But the more feelings she develops for you the more jealous and possessive she becomes. Regardless of your actions, she thinks that on the first opportunity you will be buying poosy and lying about it. No trust, no love and the noose just gets tighter.

Disclaimer: The above is merely the opinion of the author unless specific scientific data is included.
Your mileage may vary. https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewto ... 978#206978

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:07 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Great discussion. I just got back from an amazing trip to CR and wonder about all these things....what if I just moved down there! Thanks goodness this board shines the light on all the good and bad of what could happen. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:44 am 

My feeling is its best to just keep on visiting or if I do live down there it would be a month or two at a time. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:51 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

There is an old saying about lying....."The price you pay for lying is greater than others not trusting you; it's that you find yourself unable to trust others." :roll:

I think the chicas in CR tell so many lies in their daily lifestyle and see so many others telling lies every day that they either become callous or else they adapt to trusting no one; not even themselves. Sad but true and they become the real losers. :?

You can also see this situation in the lack of a trusting commerce in Costa Rica. It's something we gringos struggle to accept since we enjoy a rather high level of trust and justice in our American way of life. It's ingrained in our gringo thinking at an early age in America and it's what appears to Latinos as stupid demanding gringo syndrome.

For example: If we call a plumber or electrician in the US, we assume the person who shows up to do the work is capable of doing the work according to the local building codes. Making that assumption in CR is dangerous to your wallet and home. Even asking Tico neighbors for recommendations is no solution since it's contrary to their culture to tell a gringo that the person they plan to hire is incapable of doing the work. In fact, they will likely refer you to a friend whom they know is incapable of doing the work and look at you with a blank face when you complain to them. If there were a website such as "Angies List" in CR that included negative comments about some trades people who were bad, the people making the comments would likely be sued for defamation.

I have no solutions - just these observations which are worth what you paid for them. :wink: :roll:

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:41 am 

Azsunnydaze wrote:
...is there any successful stories in regards to a relationship with a working girl...

You'll be told "x did and they're happily together, but IMHO, that would compare to someone who jumps from a tall building, there won't be any real damage until he/she hits the ground, until then all is good, specially when that old gringo (or Cubano) who couldn't score with a woman in his own age bracket back home, suddenly turned (in his mind) a "heartthrob" in a foreign land, would turn a blind eye to all the clues yelling at him "wake up idiot, this road is leading you to the precipice!"

If your chances in your home country is 50/50, doesn't it make you think you that it gets even worst in a foreign land?

I was married for over 20 years and it wasn't that bad but I used to ask myself every now and then "why in the hell did I get married"? I was happy before the marriage and I'm happier now that I'm living by myself again. Why change a good thing, specially when you're given a second chance?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:03 pm 

When Greek Philosopher Diogenes was asked, When should a man marry? He replied "For the young man, not yet and for the old man, never." I guess things haven't really changed that much since then. :roll: :D

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:20 pm 

There are lots of exceptions on the board, aren't there? Different chicas...hehehe :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:55 pm 

Hi Guys. Haven't posted here in a long time, but can't resist commenting on this thread.

This subject has got to be one of the most repeated questions/issues discussed in the history of this board...and I know since I was here from the beginning. There are tons of threads, stories. boastings, tears, heartache...and yea a very few success stories about dating or marrying working girls. Most of the arguments against it have already been mentioned here...but you can spend days reviewing previous years post on this subject if you want more detail or personal experiences.

I have always said:
Don't treat your wife like a prostitute...nor a prostitute as a wife. Most of us have learned this the hard way.

Quite a number of guys that have been long term on this board have found what I personally think is the best balance. Find a regular woman of your class and education level for long term relationships or marriage. Pay for play is for fantasy and sexual fulfillment only...not for emotional or relational security. In most cases...you don't discuss your P4P with your wife or partner...and you don't discuss your wife/partner with your P4P. They might pretend to care...but for the most part really don't.

Save yourself a lot of heart ache and don't mistake fantasy for reality.

Happy Mongering...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:45 pm 

+1 Tman..... "pay for play" is the key phrase. "Pay for affection" is sad. And I mean that sincerely, not mean spirited.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 pm 

"Amistad" is one thing. "Amor" is another, right Thirdworld? :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:39 pm 

Exactly.. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:25 pm 

Don't wish any bad to anyone. Sorry if some whore phucked you over, don't take it out on someone else.... For real..

Last edited by Thirdworld on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:51 pm 

Tman wrote:
"Amistad" is one thing. "Amor" is another, right Thirdworld? :wink:

That's why the hotel is called "La Amistad", not "El Amor" :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:25 pm 

Tman wrote:
Hi Guys. Haven't posted here in a long time, but can't resist commenting on this thread.

This subject has got to be one of the most repeated questions/issues discussed in the history of this board...and I know since I was here from the beginning. There are tons of threads, stories. boastings, tears, heartache...and yea a very few success stories about dating or marrying working girls. Most of the arguments against it have already been mentioned here...but you can spend days reviewing previous years post on this subject if you want more detail or personal experiences.

I have always said:
Don't treat your wife like a prostitute...nor a prostitute as a wife. Most of us have learned this the hard way.

Quite a number of guys that have been long term on this board have found what I personally think is the best balance. Find a regular woman of your class and education level for long term relationships or marriage. Pay for play is for fantasy and sexual fulfillment only...not for emotional or relational security. In most cases...you don't discuss your P4P with your wife or partner...and you don't discuss your wife/partner with your P4P. They might pretend to care...but for the most part really don't.

Save yourself a lot of heart ache and don't mistake fantasy for reality.

Happy Mongering...

Wise words!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:05 pm 

99% impossible if you live in the U.S.
99% impossible if you don't speak Spanish
99% impossible if you don't have a LOT of patience
99% impossible if you can't adapt to the way the girls think and act
100% impossible with some girls
10% possible (or less perhaps) if you live in CR, speak Spanish, have a ton of patience and an ability to adapt and view the world from their point of view.

Not good odds at any level of the equation to be honest but yes, there are a very FEW success stories.

My advice, it's not worth the trouble in the end and whatever you do, if you marry one...PROTECT YOURSELF!!! NO ASSETS, NO IN-COUNTRY MONEY AND DON'T BUY ANYTHING HERE!!!