www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:19 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Kojo96 wrote:
The easiest by far is to apply for a fiancee visa which is good for 90 days. If you do not get married in that time frame she has to return to country of origin and that is the end of it. You have a right to change your mind and at a later date fall in love and apply for another fiancee visa pretty much no questions asked as long as the previous one returned before the end of the 90 days. I have used it 3 times with no problems.

That's brilliant. Never knew about that.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:04 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

WakingUp wrote:
Kojo96 wrote:
The easiest by far is to apply for a fiancee visa which is good for 90 days. If you do not get married in that time frame she has to return to country of origin and that is the end of it. You have a right to change your mind and at a later date fall in love and apply for another fiancee visa pretty much no questions asked as long as the previous one returned before the end of the 90 days. I have used it 3 times with no problems.

That's brilliant. Never knew about that.

It's called a K-1 Fiancé Visa and it's a bit more involved than that. Also, there is some financial risk involved especially if your chica does a runner and/or applies for public benefits.

With a CR passport you tica can accompany you on vacation to a wide range of other countries for vacation; Panama, Nicaragua, Colombia, Mexico, etc. Be careful though, there were some widely publicized issues last year with ticos traveling to Mexico and being detained.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 1:28 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Boynton wrote:
Be careful though, there were some widely publicized issues last year with ticos traveling to Mexico and being detained.

I'm actually taking her to Cancun as part of my CR trip in a few weeks. Let me know more about this please or where to look for more info.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:58 am 

I have a Ho who goes to Cancun to work with her girlfriend. She had no problem entering. She charges 25k here and $150+ there.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:06 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

The number 1 reason for visa rejections are that they didn’t bring the required documents and/or fulfill any requirements before the interview such as vaccinations and health assessment. They feel entitled and that they will BS the interviewer, who could be a Tico working for the US government. The interviewer won’t enjoy these interviews and they suffer no consequences for denying. It’s safer to deny than approve.

Let’s assume they did all of the above. During the interview they cannot articulate their plan to return or that they have any travel experience. Have they ever left Costa Rica before? The interviewer will deny because they are afraid they will arrive in the USA and the government will have to pay for their return, or they are too naive to navigate immigration, customs and any travel.

Those that have successfully got visas to come to the USA on their own, hired a lawyer to help them. They didn’t get their visa because some gringo wrote a letter or said pretty please to the US Government.

Those that successfully get a visa to come to the USA for tourism, never post any pictures of them and their gringo sponsor together at any of the spots they visit. Hmmmm Does anybody know why?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:44 pm 

I believe Ticas can travel to Europe too without a problem. Only the US and maybe Canada make a big fuss.

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:29 am 

Isra123 wrote:
I believe Ticas can travel to Europe too without a problem. Only the US and maybe Canada make a big fuss.

I am curious about all the traveling Ticas are doing. They are posting pictures of trips to Cancun, Panama, Medellin and Europe. They travel more than we do! So much for, “no es para mi, es para mis hijos, pañales, comida, . . .” routine. They post pics of them in the airplane and no gringo is with them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:55 am 

Rolleratnight wrote:
Isra123 wrote:

I am curious about all the traveling Ticas are doing. They are posting pictures of trips to Cancun, Panama, Medellin and Europe. They travel more than we do! So much for, “no es para mi, es para mis hijos, pañales, comida, . . .” routine. They post pics of them in the airplane and no gringo is with them.

Just because the gringo isn't in the frame doesn't mean they are not in the picture. :lol:

It is a whole lot cheaper to take a favorite to Mexico or Colombia for a vacation than to the USA. It can even be cheaper than taking them to a resort in CR.

During my 3 year wait for residency, I had to exit the country every 3 months on a "visa run". Most of those trips I went back to the US to wrap up business there. However, twice I took chicas with me to non-US locations. Different chicas each time, once to Cancun once to Cartagena. Both times we flew non-US carriers (Avianca, Volaris) and got 5-day package deals at all inclusive resorts. Both chicas were regulars for me. Neither had K*ds nor drank heavily. We negotiated a reduced weekly rate for their time. Each trip ended up costing me less than a 5 day trip alone back to the US.

IMO - It is far less hassle to Take-a-Tica to Cancun than to Orlando, I've done both.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:17 am 

Boynton wrote:
Rolleratnight wrote:
Isra123 wrote:

Just because the gringo isn't in the frame doesn't mean they are not in the picture. :lol:

It is a whole lot cheaper to take a favorite to Mexico or Colombia for a vacation than to the USA. It can even be cheaper than taking them to a resort in CR.

During my 3 year wait for residency, I had to exit the country every 3 months on a "visa run". Most of those trips I went back to the US to wrap up business there. However, twice I took chicas with me to non-US locations. Different chicas each time, once to Cancun once to Cartagena. Both times we flew non-US carriers (Avianca, Volaris) and got 5-day package deals at all inclusive resorts. Both chicas were regulars for me. Neither had K*ds nor drank heavily. We negotiated a reduced weekly rate for their time. Each trip ended up costing me less than a 5 day trip alone back to the US.

IMO - It is far less hassle to Take-a-Tica to Cancun than to Orlando, I've done both.

You’re free to live as dangerously as you like. Keep in mind

1) He who has the most to lose, will!
2) The justice system equation is: Male=guilty, Female=victim
3) ANY female will tell police anything and everything (just watch COPS)
4) When they (any LEO, Customs, Immigration) ask her, “Who bought your ticket?” “How do you know Mr. Boynton?” How will it sound? There are no consequences for putting in the system, “Mr. Boyton suspected human trafficker.” And you will get questioned and searched every time you go though customs and immigration.”

Now if she is your genuine girlfriend and can pass the girlfriend test with questions like knows your full name, where you live, what you do, etc., fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:32 am 

Rolleratnight wrote:
You’re free to live as dangerously as you like. Keep in mind

1) He who has the most to lose, will!
2) The justice system equation is: Male=guilty, Female=victim
3) ANY female will tell police anything and everything (just watch COPS)
4) When they (any LEO, Customs, Immigration) ask her, “Who bought your ticket?” “How do you know Mr. Boynton?” How will it sound? There are no consequences for putting in the system, “Mr. Boyton suspected human trafficker.” And you will get questioned and searched every time you go though customs and immigration.”

Now if she is your genuine girlfriend and can pass the girlfriend test with questions like knows your full name, where you live, what you do, etc., fine.

Enjoy your stay-cation in front of the TV with your cat. (Just hope your neighbors don't report you to the ASPCA.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:04 am 

[quote="Rolleratnight

Those that successfully get a visa to come to the USA for tourism, never post any pictures of them and their gringo sponsor together at any of the spots they visit. Hmmmm Does anybody know why?[/quote]

I have noticed this. They don't want there friends back home or local novios to see the gringo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:22 am 

Hank wrote:

I have noticed this. They don't want there friends back home or local novios to see the gringo

Not unless he is young, handsome and rich. As one Tica told me in honesty and great English, “I don’t want some old Grandpa . . . . .” (On why she doesn’t take pictures or take the gringos to her house or have a gringo boyfriend.)

I have only been to one Tica’s house in all the years I have gone. And I met her whole family and cousins.

Trust me, they seem themselves as quite superior regardless how much money you have.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:48 am 

These chicas use us for the money and we use them to get the chance to be with a young and attractive girl