www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:20 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 66
For those of you who have had sugar relationships in Costa Rica...what did you pay, approx, on a monthly basis?

In the US they often want more than 4k USD a month. It's pretty crazy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:11 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 9:58 am
Posts: 2357
What is 'sugar dating'?

_________________
Nostalgia is the same as it ever was


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:36 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 66
Paying an "allowance" generally per month to "help her out" in exchange for fun. It's on a longer term basis than the typical per hour p4p so a relationship (of sorts) develops but of course money is still at the center of it.

seeking.com made it a pretty popular arrangement in the US.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 3:29 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 9:58 am
Posts: 2357
WakingUp wrote:
Paying an "allowance" generally per month to "help her out" in exchange for fun. It's on a longer term basis than the typical per hour p4p so a relationship (of sorts) develops but of course money is still at the center of it.

seeking.com made it a pretty popular arrangement in the US.

My question was semi-facetious. "Sugar" is a North American concept invented and defined by the media, social hookup apps, and gringa hookers. It has begun to infect Latin cultures as well. You want that kind of thing here, expect to pay the same here.

The difference here is the opportunity to have a range of relationships and they are not mutually exclusive. Esposa, novia, hovia, favoirita, date, session, you get to have as many of these as you want or can afford. Each comes with their own set of rules and costs. You get to participate in setting these, if you have the balls.

_________________
Nostalgia is the same as it ever was


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:45 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:26 am
Posts: 1814
Boynton wrote:
What is 'sugar dating'?


Sugar Dating is a relationship where a dummy in the states sends a puta in CR a monthly check. The check verifies the monogamous relationship between the two. He is happy because he now has his own faithful girlfriend in another country waiting for him to return. She is happy because she now has a little extra money to feed the baby and go out and buy a new pair of high heels and a new plastic Gucci purse to go sell herself to another client at the Rey or SL.

_________________
I am NOT a Cien Boy!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 12:25 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:24 pm
Posts: 593
I do appreciate the gringo sugar daddy paying my favoritas rent, less work for her and she doesn’t ask for much when I’m there ….

Tuanis

_________________
Entertainment purposes only, nothing posted above is true nor reflects reality nor my experience.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:29 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 66
Jfoot wrote:
I do appreciate the gringo sugar daddy paying my favoritas rent, less work for her and she doesn’t ask for much when I’m there ….
Haha that is always nice.

Something similar happened to me. My hovia lost the iPhone I gave her last year...well a "friend" of hers decided to buy her a new one from the states and sent it to me to give to her when I go this week. I was going to buy her a new one, so he saved me a minimum of $500, and that's for the crappiest, smallest iPhone you can buy.

My hovia tells me he's kind of pissed she won't have sex with him. At least that's what she's telling me... :lol:

Appreciate the comments. As I suspected it's more of a north american thing to get around prostitution laws. It's pretty popular in Mexico (atleast Baja California / Tijuana) too though which would make sense being closer to the states. A lot of the guys on the Tijuana Talk forum have had decent luck with seeking.com.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:14 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 9:58 am
Posts: 2357
WakingUp wrote:
Jfoot wrote:
I do appreciate the gringo sugar daddy paying my favoritas rent, less work for her and she doesn’t ask for much when I’m there ….
Haha that is always nice.

Something similar happened to me. My hovia lost the iPhone I gave her last year...well a "friend" of hers decided to buy her a new one from the states and sent it to me to give to her when I go this week. I was going to buy her a new one, so he saved me a minimum of $500, and that's for the crappiest, smallest iPhone you can buy.

My hovia tells me he's kind of pissed she won't have sex with him. At least that's what she's telling me... :lol:

Appreciate the comments. As I suspected it's more of a north american thing to get around prostitution laws. It's pretty popular in Mexico (atleast Baja California / Tijuana) too though which would make sense being closer to the states. A lot of the guys on the Tijuana Talk forum have had decent luck with seeking.com.

The move to online platforms is simply a matter of advertising. Chicas get to post their profiles at no cost with fake profiles and feigned English proficiency. This is where you will find the new crop of tech-aware putas mixed in with the aging warhorses found in the pickup bars. You will also find the rare diamond without the muff. It takes time and interviewing skills to discover the difference. I recruit almost exclusively from social media and amiga referrals.

The various apps, Badoo, Tinder, Seeking vary mostly by cost. Some putas advertise across all three from their barstool at the SL, HDR, Taormina. The only new wrinkle I have seen over the past year are TikToc, WhatsApp and Telegram private groups. These are very localazied and ad-hoc. They pop up and get shut faster than The Admin can Whack-A-Mole that SimpletonEscorts asshole.

_________________
Nostalgia is the same as it ever was


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:01 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 9:58 am
Posts: 2357
Whitecat wrote:
Boynton wrote:
What is 'sugar dating'?


Sugar Dating is a relationship where a dummy in the states sends a puta in CR a monthly check. The check verifies the monogamous relationship between the two. He is happy because he now has his own faithful girlfriend in another country waiting for him to return. She is happy because she now has a little extra money to feed the baby and go out and buy a new pair of high heels and a new plastic Gucci purse to go sell herself to another client at the Rey or SL.

Sounds kinda like my first marriage.

_________________
Nostalgia is the same as it ever was


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:00 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:41 pm
Posts: 243
WakingUp the answer is whatever you are willing to send Via Western Union or PayPal is what it will cost.

you should do some research and read stories on how this ends up

it's much cheaper to rent them for a few hours

_________________
"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:21 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 151
Location: MM 182 FL ICW
Whitecat wrote:
Boynton wrote:
What is 'sugar dating'?


Sugar Dating is a relationship where a dummy in the states sends a puta in CR a monthly check. The check verifies the monogamous relationship between the two. He is happy because he now has his own faithful girlfriend in another country waiting for him to return. She is happy because she now has a little extra money to feed the baby and go out and buy a new pair of high heels and a new plastic Gucci purse to go sell herself to another client at the Rey or SL.


The best line she ever said..... "I WAIT"....only for You! :roll: :lol:

Second best line she ever said......'You NO Understand" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:27 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:46 am
Posts: 367
Location: The Banana Republic
This is an interesting article for ststistics, but I don't think the author really understands what is going on. If Rico actually wrote it, he may just be softening the blow.

https://qcostarica.com/costa-rica-is-li ... r-daddies/

_________________
Make Orwell Fiction Again!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:31 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:44 pm
Posts: 875
LocoGringo wrote:
This is an interesting article for ststistics, but I don't think the author really understands what is going on. If Rico actually wrote it, he may just be softening the blow.

https://qcostarica.com/costa-rica-is-li ... r-daddies/

The article is based on membership in seeking dot com, and not everyone on seeking is using it in the traditional sugar daddy relationship seeking. Many are just using it as a hookup tool on both sides.

But the relationships that many gringos have with ticas are a lot like the "non-exclusive" sugar daddy relationships, where the guy pays significant money to have a share of the girl's time. In the sugar daddy world these relationships are negotiated up front as either exclusive or non exclusive, with exclusive costing several thousand a month, and non exclusive in the lower thousands typically.

One interesting aspect is that some of these relationships don't include sexual intercourse. I can't see myself paying hundreds or thousands just to be a buddy for a 20 some year old woman.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:



Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group