www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:09 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Boynton wrote:
I applaud Whitecat in that he sets the service he wants and the price he is willing to pay. But if I am not willing to let a chica define this for me, why should he? Each monger should play their own game, but far to many let the chicas call the shots.
Obviously my commentary was mostly tongue in cheek. I agree completely with you, to each his own. I was busting on Whitecat a bit because many times his posts come across as having an air of superiority to the visiting mongers who can’t be or don’t want to be as rigid as him and don’t hold fast to the low ball prices like he does.

That and his misguided opinion that what other people pay somehow affects him. Which is obviously not the case given the prices he always touts that he pays. I don’t know him and I’m sure he’s a nice guy to have a beer with and shoot the breeze. It’s all in good fun though there is some underlying truth to it in my opinion.

Whitecat wrote:
When you speak Spanish, the price goes down……try it.
That’s one thing that we both agree on. And Spanish speaking ability has zero to do with what I pay. I consider my Spanish to be at least as good as any non native speaker I’ve met in my travels and better than most. And yes, it helps a lot. Even more so in MDE where English is not as prevalent as it is in CR.

I don’t allow myself to get taken advantage of and I don’t let the chicas control the situation. I find it very easy to say next. Though many times I could easily play hardball and browbeat the chicas to drop their prices even further, I don’t get any thrill out of doing that. In fact, just the opposite. Especially when I consider the price to be both fair and a good value.

Like you I have regulars that I’ve known for years. And though I could lowball them and pay less, not only don’t I feel a need to do that I think it’s a shitty thing to do. Especially for a chica you’ve known for years and who obviously shows you a good time which is why you repeat with her on a regular basis. Which means that you must like her on some level. An extra $10 or $15 here or there makes zero difference in my life but does in theirs, even if it’s only for the short term. You should try it some time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:44 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Skosh wrote:
Boynton wrote:
I applaud Whitecat in that he sets the service he wants and the price he is willing to pay. But if I am not willing to let a chica define this for me, why should he? Each monger should play their own game, but far to many let the chicas call the shots.
Obviously my commentary was mostly tongue in cheek. I agree completely with you, to each his own. I was busting on Whitecat a bit because many times his posts come across as having an air of superiority to the visiting mongers who can’t be or don’t want to be as rigid as him and don’t hold fast to the low ball prices like he does.

That and his misguided opinion that what other people pay somehow affects him. Which is obviously not the case given the prices he always touts that he pays. I don’t know him and I’m sure he’s a nice guy to have a beer with and shoot the breeze. It’s all in good fun though there is some underlying truth to it in my opinion.

Whitecat wrote:
That’s one thing that we both agree on. And Spanish speaking ability has zero to do with what I pay. I consider my Spanish to be at least as good as any non native speaker I’ve met in my travels and better than most. And yes, it helps a lot. Even more so in MDE where English is not as prevalent as it is in CR.

I don’t allow myself to get taken advantage of and I don’t let the chicas control the situation. I find it very easy to say next. Though many times I could easily play hardball and browbeat the chicas to drop their prices even further, I don’t get any thrill out of doing that. In fact, just the opposite. Especially when I consider the price to be both fair and a good value.

Like you I have regulars that I’ve known for years. And though I could lowball them and pay less, not only don’t I feel a need to do that I think it’s a shitty thing to do. Especially for a chica you’ve known for years and who obviously shows you a good time which is why you repeat with her on a regular basis. Which means that you must like her on some level. An extra $10 or $15 here or there makes zero difference in my life but does in theirs, even if it’s only for the short term. You should try it some time.

+1 for not low balling the ladies. Don't overpay or get taken advantage of but try to be fair.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:28 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

While I appreciate the comments here, let me say this. These putas have different tiers of pricing based on the client. If she sees a brand new gringo who stands out like a sore thumb, she prices accordingly. She knows he is not only new to the game, but also understands he is talking to a much younger, pretty woman. She waits for the kill and strikes. I saw a gringo the other night at a bar getting milked like a cow. The babe he was with spoke zero english and had all her friends there drinking and eating. I could understand every word they were saying. No-one ever said a word to him. Speaking Spanish levels the playing field. I am fortunate to be fluid. I have mentioned here I have more than one friend who works at places like SL for cien and still comes and visits for 20k. BUT there are many who will not visit anymore because they know they can get a C note from the gringos. That is the ONLY basis of my comments for the cien boys.

I have also said if a gringo wants to spend cien on a babe for 50 minutes of love, good luck. I have been coming to Cr 20 years, and have lived here for 5. I have NEVER paid cien for a babe.

Learn the language.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:42 am 

Skosh wrote:
Boynton wrote:

Whitecat wrote:

+1 x 10^6

Well said.

mh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:43 am 

Whitecat wrote:
She waits for the kill and strikes.

It is the nature of the game. Predator :arrow: Prey :arrow: Predator

Whitecat wrote:
I saw a gringo the other night at a bar getting milked like a cow. The babe he was with spoke zero english and had all her friends there drinking and eating. I could understand every word they were saying. No-one ever said a word to him.

If the gringo is a tourist, stayed within a vacation budget and left feeling like a rockstar. 8) 8) 8)
He has a bright future if he keeps visiting, learns more each visit, improves his skills (language AND awareness). :idea: :idea: :idea:

Whitecat wrote:
Speaking Spanish levels the playing field.

Speaking, or at least understanding what is being said, is important but it will not level the paying field on its own. You can use your ignorance or imperfect skills to your advantage, especially if you can understand what is being said. Retain control of the situation, know when to walk away, know when to run. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Whitecat wrote:
I am fortunate to be fluid.

While I may never be FLUENT, I am fortunate to be solidly solvent. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whitecat wrote:
Learn the language.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:39 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Understand that for the rate you're paying your novia, even people in first-world countries would be lining up around the block if it were an ordinary job. Then realize the cost of living for normal people in Costa Rica is much, much lower, and you'll understand why your novia sees you as a cash cow and resents any lost opportunity to milk you for more.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:17 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

If she’s still working, she doesn’t view “you” as a full time novio . You are a dependable client, probably enjoys working for while you’re there. The monthly stipends, helps keep the novia claim, giving you a better experience… GFE. Plus, you get the pics, maybe a few video chats and a feeling of happiness.

It’s all good, just enjoy. I would recommend looking at the reality, enjoy the fantasy.

If you want to test… simply cut off money next time you visit. See what happens. No way she’ll walk to the taxi without $$ if she’s working (in her mind)