www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:50 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Thanks BlueDevil for the excellent info....

(export version only, some restrictions may apply, some assembly required, not valid where the sun don't shine...

if you live in the states of Poverty, Darkness or anywhere outside of The Blessings of Civilization Trust, Inc...other rules may apply)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:54 pm 

Hey Jeb, just busting your chops dude....go for it and good luck,

by the way, you do know that her mother has a heart condition don't you?.....not a fatal condition, just one that requires lot of expensive medical treatment.

(export version only, some restrictions may apply, some assembly required, not valid where the sun don't shine...

if you live in the states of Poverty, Darkness or anywhere outside of The Blessings of Civilization Trust, Inc...other rules may apply)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:12 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

hi i am a 36 yr old who did the same thing as you...i am now married to a girl from barranquilla....the visa process is simple.....you will get her here if you want...however man to man i want you to reconsider what your doing....when you go back and forth to colombia everything is great...yoiur on vacation no money problems...hot sex, etc.........dont expect the honeymoon feeling to last once you bring her back to the usa.....all woman are the same ...i used to think the same thing...american girls suck, etc etc....just be careful...they change within a month of being in this country....my wife is smart educated shes an auditor for a major accounting firm..makes more then me....but its just not working out....its hard enough to maintain a relationship with someone of the same culture, nonetheless different ones.....

i used to go to the gulch every year and i miss it so much....i am contemplating divorce.......and trust me before i got married i got the same warnings just like im warning you.....i thought our love was different yadda yadda yadda....just be careful and maybe spend time together before you rush her here....good luck

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:50 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

nonsense.
all women are same and so are men.
we are looking for sex and sex cost money.
make prenuptual agreement where you specify sex, money and things important for you.
marriage is business because money involved.
Make prenuptual agreement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:41 am 

Quote:
i used to think the same thing...american girls suck, etc etc....just be careful...they change within a month of being in this country....my wife is smart educated shes an auditor for a major accounting firm..makes more then me....but its just not working out....its hard enough to maintain a relationship with someone of the same culture, nonetheless different ones.....

There are no guarantees in this world. I know of several US/Colombian marriages that ended in train wrecks as well as an equal number that turned out fine and both people are better off for it. It is true that some women undergo a radical change upon entering the US, but so do many gringos. It's best to know each other for a couple of years before making a life-changing decision to marry a Colombiana (or any foreigner for that matter). And because of the cultural issues and family ties, it seems that when a guy moves to the wife's country, and adapts, the marriage seems to work out better.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:01 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

ya i assume your right ...would have worked better if i lived in colombia......but yes i should have dated for a few years before pulling the trigger....i just sw a hot girl who liked me and i didnt have to pay(directly that is)....but now ive seen the other side....p4p is easier , no heartache, no headache......i will be back in the gulch in july...cant wait

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:21 am 

Domesticating a ho never really works out. Some guys claim it, and yes there are positive outcomes, like maybe 2 out of 100,000. I don't play longshots or bet on roulette... 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:43 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Advise? DON'T DO IT!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:19 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

BlueDevil wrote:
Quote:
i used to think the same thing...american girls suck, etc etc....just be careful...they change within a month of being in this country....my wife is smart educated shes an auditor for a major accounting firm..makes more then me....but its just not working out....its hard enough to maintain a relationship with someone of the same culture, nonetheless different ones.....

There are no guarantees in this world. I know of several US/Colombian marriages that ended in train wrecks as well as an equal number that turned out fine and both people are better off for it. It is true that some women undergo a radical change upon entering the US, but so do many gringos. It's best to know each other for a couple of years before making a life-changing decision to marry a Colombiana (or any foreigner for that matter). And because of the cultural issues and family ties, it seems that when a guy moves to the wife's country, and adapts, the marriage seems to work out better.

For a marriage to work is not who and from were you marry but who you both are. Life tend to bring together those who deserve each other.

In spite of all the gringa bashing around the forums, I bet that there are millions of gringas being good wives out there, the problem is that there aren't too many good gringas wanting to sacrifice their lives with a not good gringo.

Those who fight back with a vengeance might be the ones who were deceived into marrying someone they didn't know it was a wolf in a sheep suit.

Just my opinion!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:51 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

once you get a taste of mongering it is hard to settle w one woman!!!.....the gulch corrupted me!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:19 am 

Scottfsu wrote:
once you get a taste of mongering it is hard to settle w one woman!!!.....the gulch corrupted me!!!

I hear ya! But then some of us come full circle as we approach our golden years when mongering truly becomes a hobby and no longer a lifestyle. :wink: