www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:20 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Unfortunately Florida is more restrictive. See below copied from the DMV site on My Florida.com:

Non-Immigrants

I. Proof of Residential Address

II. Proof of Social Security Number

III. Primary Identification - Each non-immigrant who applies for an original driver license or identification card must submit:

Employment authorization card issued by the United States Department of Justice (Form I688B or I-766); or

Proof of nonimmigrant classification provided by United States Department of Justice (Form I-94, not expired, with required supporting attachment(s). If in doubt regarding required documents, please bring all of your US BCIS documentation with you.). I-94s must be accompanied by a Passport. Certain classifications require additional documentation. Some examples are:
F-1 and M-1 classification must also be accompanied by an I-20.
I J-1 or J-2 designation must be accompanied by an IAP-66.
Refugee, asylee and parolee classifications must be accompanied by additional documentation.
I-571 Travel Document/Refugee Travel Permit**
I-512 Parole Letter Accepted**
IJO- Asylum or Cancellation of Removal - Immigration Judges Order granting Asylum or Cancellation of Removal.**
All required and supporting documents MUST be original or certified.
Documents must be valid for more than 30 days from the date of issuance.
Non-U.S. citizens applying for an original driver license will be issued a 30-day, no photo, paper temporary permit and a receipt. Non-U.S. citizens applying for an identification card will be issued a receipt.
All records are transmitted to our database in Tallahassee, where the information will be examined and run against FDLE, FBI and US BCIS databases.
Upon identity and legal status verification, a driver license or identification card will be issued within 30 days from Tallahassee, mailed to the address on the driver record. The license or identification card will be issued for the period of time specified on the US BCIS document, up to a maximum of one year.
If a problem is detected, a denial of issuance letter will be mailed to the customer.
** These documents will only be accepted with a supporting document, including but not limited to a Passport, Florida Driver License or Identification Card, Driver License from any other state, Employment Authorization Card, Employer Identification, Identification from home country, Identification from school or college, Social Security Card (Chapter 322, Florida Statutes, requires the Department to see proof of social security number for the issuance of driver license and identification cards) or other US BCIS document.

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:38 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Not sure how many years ago the experience BB57 had in Alabama was but almost all states now are basically using the same model or one very similar to that which Lennydo described.

I can not renew my Florida license because they will no longer accept a P.O. Box address. You must have a physical address and present prove that you actually reside at that address. Just one more restriction imposed on U.S. citizens under the guise of national security.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:47 pm 

ID, Yes in fact it was before 9-11, and things have probably changed. Did not think about that nor how long it had actually been.

Also, I use my daughter's address in Florida for my bank account, SS, and Fl. drivers license, and so for have not had any problem. In fact just got replacement license after the pick pocket incident here. Did it via internet and they were mailed to her house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:01 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Lenny-

Quote:
Well, I’m back in the saddle after a 2½ year hiatus. Rejoined CRT as a VIP after a very short but expensive marriage to a gal from Venezuela, not Costa Rica. Turns out she just wanted a green card after all, and most things went to downhill after she got it.
Jeez, she was really patient for all those months BEFORE receiving it. (and I thought I was easy going and patient) Fortunately, all?? it cost me was the bucks to get her here, the trips and all associated money, the gifts etc. but no more than that. But hey, I went in with my eyes wide open. I actually watched for all the signs of a trickster. She was a sweetheart from a relatively small town in VZ, so I though MAYBE she wouldn’t or hadn’t been corrupted too badly. I met her at the museum in downtown SJ. Yep, even visited her twice in VZ as well and two other trips, one to CR and one to Panama. She was consistently the same each and every time as well as when she was here as well for all the months before she got her card. Am I in love with her, nahhhhh. Not any more, my wake up call came and went. I don’t wish her badly, but realize what’s done is done. I feel good that I could care like that again after so many years, but too old to hold on to things that will have no value in my life anymore.

Well, now she has a right to be here, but NOT with me. Turns out, she has relatives in Florida Bitter?? Nah. That wastes way too much energy and is mostly unproductive. Pissed off? Yeah a little. Disappointed? Yep, absolutely, big time. But I have to be philosophical about it, it really ain’t the end of the world and could have been FAR worse
I know that I should never say NEVER, but hopefully you guys will kick me, beat me, and make me write bad checks if I ever say the M word again in a serious context. Enough is eeeee f**** nough.

SOOOOO……. I’ll be booking to CR in June to start live la pura vida una vez mas..

I wrote this back in Apr-07. Although I didn't go to CR to actually live, much of what you experienced is pretty much of what I did also. My ex was a non-pro and it still didn't work out after only 6 months here and she was 47. She had graduated from high school in Venezuela. As it turned out, she was just lazy and just wanted the good life, or certainly a better one, as long as I kept spending money. I bought her 3 different English courses but she never completed any of them. Even showed her where the DMV site was in Spanish so she could take her driving test since she wanted to drive here. Fortunately I told her I would not buy her a car UNTIL she studied the course and I had tested her on her knowledge. Simply put, she was too lazy to study English or for the driving test. (A BIG wake-up call here). When she said she wanted to go visit her mom after only six months here in the States, I said sure (even though I did not understand it after only six months here). But the ringing in my head got a LOT louder. LOL When I said sure, maybe a two week vacation would be fine, she exploded that she wanted to be gone for 2½ - 3 months, after all it IS her family. I knew at exactly that moment I would be filing for divorce as soon as she left. End of story.

As my quote above states, I really wish her no animus at all. I assumed, obviously incorrectly, that since she was 47(well past the age of major illusions in life), her ki** were grown(27 & 29), no living father, a mother but no abuelos in town, and at least had a modicum of common sense, never was in the biz (knowing her view on it I seriously doubt it, but then you really NEVER know for sure, but I still doubt it), I was mostly in the clear as far as this marriage lasting. WRONG !!!! But she did keep my ring. The good thing is she has no rights to my pension, my SS, or any of my property after only 6 months, so I did get out fairly well unscathed except for a bunch of money on clothes, trips to VZ, CR, Columbia, and the normal sort of stuff we tend to buy for them. Really no regrets though but it has let me know most definitively that the M word is simply not for me. I certainly enjoy the GFE experience more for sure and like quickies as well, but renting is the only way to go for me at my tender young age of 62, even though I may only look 46!! HA!! Best of luck to ya and I'll buy the first if we ever meet.

3P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:11 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

3 PKRD, excellent post, I am glad that you did not get hurt too bad. Your positive attitude shows that you have True Grit. Hope you continue to enjoy the women and good times in CR. Good Luck :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:12 pm 

Lenny, Rent!!!!!!!!! Do not buy, You can not save the world. Or her Ch*ld. Treat them right. But, do not buy. Set that boundry now. Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:25 pm 

Redman69 wrote:
I like to talk to them about important things. Like can I C*m in your mouth. Will you do anal. Will you give me a massage latter. Do you mind if I leave while you watch soap opera's.

As someone else pointed out, the best F'n quote ever. This totally lifted the spirits of a man who is very sad that his best wing men are spread around the globe, this week, engaging in essential conversations like the one above..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:23 pm 

Regarding identity and drivers licenses:

National security my ass! Millions of undocumented people living in the US, going about their business day in and day out and the only people who have to prove anything are the people who have the legal right to be in the US.

If immigration stopped you and asked you to prove you were a legal resident of the United States how would you do it? Unless you have a passport or some super wahzoo secret decoder ring, you cannot prove it with the documents you have in your wallet.

A national ID card like nearly every other nation has would do the trick. There has to be other reasons why the government is so invasive crawling up your hiney with a microscope just so you can get a DL. That may sound paranoid but it doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get us.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:39 am 

Redman69 wrote:
I have read all of this and I see alot of different men.

What makes us happy? What is the meaning of life? Who am I?

Alot of the people who spoke have been around for years. And have gone thru many phases. Will what I want today be what I want tommorow?

I had the tubes tied. I do not want more. I am a Catholic and was married in the church. The X ain't dead so I can cover that by saying you have to kill her before I can marry you.

In all honesty I do not want to be married again. I do not want to raise any more K*ds. My youngest is 13 and I am 53. I will be 60 when she is hopfully doing undergradute school. I am eligable for SSN at 62. I want to leave what I have to my K*ds. Not anybody else.

I like phucking hot young 18 and 19 year old's. With tight asses that you can bounce a quater on. I like running my hand down their backs and then between their legs and feeling a hot wet pu*sy.

I repect motherhood, But at 53 live has taught me. If their lips are moving! So why would I want to talk to a DR, or Lawyer and then run my hand down an ole wrinkled back to a dry pu*sy.

I like to talk to them about important things. Like can I C*m in your mouth. Will you do anal. Will you give me a massage latter. Do you mind if I leave while you watch soap opera's. The rest of the shit is motherhood nesting security talk. And what can they get me to pay for. And how the guy next door does it for her. It always pisses them off when I knock on his door and ask him if he wants to do it for mine too.

The truth is you are always renting it. It is always about money.

But it is your money and you can spend it any way you want. You can even pay somebody to kill me if that rocks your boat. If so, I hope you get caught and my K*ds can sue you for all the money you have left.

They are my mark on this world.

Finally found my all time favorite post, and it caps a most wild thread. Sorry if this causes you greif Len, I just had to bring up Red's wonderful post again..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:22 pm 

No grief Hank. The saga continues but with a much lower level of emotional attachment. She is now a favorita who I see among others when I come to CR. However, that's getting to be a drag since each time I see her she always asks if she can come back with me as if I don't know who she is and what she's about.

It still bothers me that her son is now mostly being raised by Grandma (father's mother) so that she can be a bartender at Del Rey. Otherwise she provides some of the best sex I've had in CR. Once I was able to ignore what she says or asks and to just enjoy the moment, it became the same as being with any other chica in CR - just better sex.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:12 am 

Hey Lenny, I'm the guy that bought your gas grill when you moved.

Thanks for sharing your story and the update. You know , some of these girls don't want to be helped and it is some heartbreak involved watching someone that you've known for some time go down hill.

* RENT but, "Don't Buy a Home in Costa Rica" until you have lived here for THREE years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:08 pm 

I hope the gas grill is still working. If you need parts let me know (send me a PM) and I'll send you the online link to order from the manufacturer.

I think it's not that they don't want help, but they lack the initiative to take care of themselves. They do want help, and there is always a new drama which is "No me faulta." For so long as they can bring a gringo novio (or several) into their lives, they have someone to help them solve their $$ problems. The family problems and girlfriend (BFF's) problems are continuous and mostly do solve themselves with time.

I've discovered that long-term planning to these chicas is "one week." Anything further out than one week is beyond their comprehension. It just doesn't compute to them that rent and cell phone payments are due next week so I can't miss work and go to the beach. Initially I thought this was just a character flaw of my ex-novia, but I've since learned that it's a cultural thing among all the Ticas and Ticos. The saying "Pura Vida" seems to translate into "Live for today. Tomorrow will take care of itself." From what I hear, this is the situation whether the chica works in the Gulch or if she's the daughter of educated and well off parents.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:47 pm 

Lennydo wrote:
I hope the gas grill is still working. If you need parts let me know (send me a PM) and I'll send you the online link to order from the manufacturer.

I think it's not that they don't want help, but they lack the initiative to take care of themselves. They do want help, and there is always a new drama which is "No me faulta." For so long as they can bring a gringo novio (or several) into their lives, they have someone to help them solve their $$ problems. The family problems and girlfriend (BFF's) problems are continuous and mostly do solve themselves with time.

I've discovered that long-term planning to these chicas is "one week." Anything further out than one week is beyond their comprehension. It just doesn't compute to them that rent and cell phone payments are due next week so I can't miss work and go to the beach. Initially I thought this was just a character flaw of my ex-novia, but I've since learned that it's a cultural thing among all the Ticas and Ticos. The saying "Pura Vida" seems to translate into "Live for today. Tomorrow will take care of itself." From what I hear, this is the situation whether the chica works in the Gulch or if she's the daughter of educated and well off parents.

There is whole different class of ticos/ticas that aren't like this. As I'm sure you are aware, you are not likely to find them normally in the gulch. They aren't all that bad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:16 pm 

Chi-- I have spent time with chicas away from the gulch and I don't find much difference between those who are working now in the gulch, those who used to work in the gulch and those who may in the future. As my friend who has lived in Costa Rica for 20 years says, "They are all bitches and ho's. I've had both. I prefer ho's." :D :lol:

When it comes to we gringos, they all seem to be motivated in the same way - the fantasy of landing a rich gringo to support them and their family of Ch*ldren, sisters, aunts, uncles and parents. Likewise, they all seem to respond in the same way when given the opportunity to cheat. As you know, "The reason that guys in Costa Rica hit on every woman they see, is because it works." I've seen educated and accomplished Ticas who are married to Ticos, tell their husbands to stay at home with the Ch*ldren so that she can go partying with gringos. I've heard the opposite to be true; that all Ticos cheat, but I've seen Ticas do this. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:54 pm 

hmmm Agree and disagree. There are a whole lotta chicas in Escazu, Santa Ana and other better areas that don't care two hoots about gringos or their money. And there are some cool ones at the upscale clubs that have actually bought their own drinks and drinks for my buddies that go there alot. The gulch is not very representative of CR in general. Although there are levels of dating for stuff......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9