www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Here's a new one..
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:43 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Only two ways to deal with blackmail:
1. Pay them, if you do this they'll come back for more so you have to hide from them, not much fun running from tico trash.
2. Kill them. Set up a meet in an isolated pace and deal with it, happens all the time here. No accomplices, no witnesses, no bragging, end of story. Read the papers, they call it "a settling of accounts."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:12 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Option 2! Once you've crossed certain lines you have asked for it.... I'm a very peaceful guy and don't get in trouble down here, but I floated it to a couple of chicas in the past in a subtle way, that if I was ever wrongly sent to jail because of lies that life as that person knew it wouldn't be the same, so to speak..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:27 pm 

Quote:
Swampfire
Only two ways to deal with blackmail:
1. Pay them, if you do this they'll come back for more so you have to hide from them, not much fun running from tico trash.
2. Kill them. Set up a meet in an isolated pace and deal with it, happens all the time here. No accomplices, no witnesses, no bragging, end of story. Read the papers, they call it "a settling of accounts."

Au contraire, there is always 3) Leaving the country 4) Notifying the authorities.

Anyone that would advocate Number 2; killing someone over blackmail is advocating capital criminal conduct. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:11 am 

Option 2 is the wrong way to go unless you own life is in jeopardy and you must defend yourself. Now, having someone think that you are not someone they should mess with or else is a different story since they will most likely leave you alone. But it's a hard rep to deal with and will lead to more trouble than it's worth in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:22 pm 

TimBones wrote:
Au contraire, there is always 3) Leaving the country 4) Notifying the authorities.

Actually, that should be: 3) Leaving the country 4) NOT Notifying the authorities.

If they do not know your name, they likely won't find you. Why give the "authorities" a heads-up of who you are in case some whack job actually goes through with the threat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:52 pm 

Truth, justice and the American way will only get you in jail or killed in Costa Rica.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:42 pm 

Quote:
Orange
TimBones wrote:

Actually, that should be: 3) Leaving the country 4) NOT Notifying the authorities.

If they do not know your name, they likely won't find you. Why give the "authorities" a heads-up of who you are in case some whack job actually goes through with the threat.

Its still a strategy, I did not say it is a good one. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:47 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Thirdworld wrote:
Truth, justice and the American way will only get you in jail or killed in Costa Rica.

Truth, justice and the American way will only get you in jail or killed anywhere outside the US & western Europe...

Americans are so funny... They think everyone subscribes to their sense of justice and fair play, when in fact the reality is much more brutal...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:07 pm 

Quote:
Muadib
Thirdworld wrote:

Truth, justice and the American way will only get you in jail or killed anywhere outside the US & western Europe...

Americans are so funny... They think everyone subscribes to their sense of justice and fair play, when in fact the reality is much more brutal...

What I find very telling is that I listed an alternative of notifying authorities and someone else suggested committing a homicide and my suggestion got more push back. I just saying :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:54 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
PacoLoco wrote:
February wrote:
This is simply not the place to ask advise about something that can land you in a CR jail, and FK you up forever.
Well if he eventually got the best advice which was to seek professional advice then why is this not the place to ask for advice? :?

A paradox, yes?