| www.CostaRicaTicas.com https://forum.costaricaticas.com/ |
|
| Anyone getting CRT cards now https://forum.costaricaticas.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=56083 |
Page 1 of 3 |
| Author: | Cowboy.now [ Sat Nov 01, 2025 1:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Anyone getting CRT cards now |
Paid membership few weeks back and no news on the membership or card. Just got some automated emails. Also is the CRT discounts really worth now a days? The forum is also quite dead. Is Castillo or SL still offer CRT discounts? If yes how do you avail without the membership card or some sort of confirmation.. Also the cash discount at SL still applicable? Planning a trip during Thanskgiving .. RTFF does not have info on this.. Thx |
|
| Author: | yogogum [ Sat Nov 01, 2025 5:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
I am wondering the same thing. If you don't have a card how can they verify for discount? |
|
| Author: | Skyhawk63 [ Sat Nov 01, 2025 11:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
For sure sportsmen’s will not give CRT discounts without CRT card. |
|
| Author: | LofterB [ Sun Nov 02, 2025 5:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
Cowboy.now wrote: Paid membership few weeks back and no news on the membership or card. Just got some automated emails. Also is the CRT discounts really worth now a days? The forum is also quite dead. Is Castillo or SL still offer CRT discounts? If yes how do you avail without the membership card or some sort of confirmation.. Also the cash discount at SL still applicable? Planning a trip during Thanskgiving .. RTFF does not have info on this.. Thx From my understanding castillo CRT benefit only works on regular stays. But you’re only able to book all inclusive. Soooo |
|
| Author: | LocoGringo [ Sun Nov 02, 2025 11:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
Last year around Thanksgiving I typed CRT into the discount code box for a LaAmistad reservation and received the discount. It was 10% or so. Not much because because the room was already cheap. There are still a lot of guys that like staying at LA. |
|
| Author: | RicoGuapo [ Sat Aug 29, 2026 3:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
I have a friend who has been waiting since May for his VIP card. He has sent several emails to the admin with no reply. I have sent direct messages on his behalf to the Admin here which have not been read. Is this site still alive? It shows no new members since March. Is it still being administrated? Is the CRT VIP program still alive? |
|
| Author: | catbert55 [ Sat Aug 29, 2026 1:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
It wouldn't surprise me if CRT has become a zombie site. Tica of the Month hasn't been updated since April. |
|
| Author: | RicoGuapo [ Mon Aug 31, 2026 3:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
catbert55 wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if CRT has become a zombie site. Tica of the Month hasn't been updated since April. Based on what I'm seeing, I would not be surprised either. But somebody must be paying for the server space (unless it's on a long-term lease that hasn't run out yet.) I certainly hope that it survives and thrives. |
|
| Author: | Phoenix Rising [ Mon Aug 31, 2026 4:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
Wanna buy my card? I paid 100 bucks in 2008. what's that in 2026 dollars ? |
|
| Author: | continentaltraveler [ Mon Aug 31, 2026 10:13 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
RicoGuapo wrote: catbert55 wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if CRT has become a zombie site. Tica of the Month hasn't been updated since April. Based on what I'm seeing, I would not be surprised either. But somebody must be paying for the server space (unless it's on a long-term lease that hasn't run out yet.) I certainly hope that it survives and thrives. It does not take too much to keep a forum running, but you do have to pay. I would hate to lose this site (even with the current slow/low participation). If the admin takes a look, let me know as I would be open to supporting keeping the hosting up. |
|
| Author: | RicoGuapo [ Thu Sep 03, 2026 9:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
Still ZERO response from the admin or the help email. My friend checked his credit card statement, and the site accepted his money back in May, but has provided nothing in return and has been totally non-responsive. Caveat emptor. |
|
| Author: | Zeos [ Fri Sep 04, 2026 9:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
RicoGuapo wrote: Still ZERO response from the admin or the help email. My friend checked his credit card statement, and the site accepted his money back in May, but has provided nothing in return and has been totally non-responsive. Caveat emptor. May be possible to get some info from the Sportsmens front desk, or perhaps management, or alternatively it may be possible that Matt at Amistad could provide some info on how to get some progress on getting the card, or some other option. I really don't know, but my impression is that, at least in the past, they had some ability to deal with some CRT related things. |
|
| Author: | RicoGuapo [ Mon Sep 07, 2026 5:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
RicoGuapo wrote: Still ZERO response from the admin or the help email. My friend checked his credit card statement, and the site accepted his money back in May, but has provided nothing in return and has been totally non-responsive. Caveat emptor. Please allow me to partially retract the above statement. It's true that I have not received any response to my plea to the admin and the help email, but the admin part may be due to confusion over how to contact the site admin. There are several admin accounts on this board. I wrote a DM to the admin ("Admin 1") who had made a post some time ago regarding help with VIP memberships. After hearing nothing, I did more online research today and discovered that there are multiple admin accounts on this board, and some of them have been inactive for years, according to the what the system says. "Admin 1" is one of those. So I re-sent my plea to the most-recently-active admin account ("The Admin"), and now hope to hear a helpful response. I really hope this is just an anomalous situation that is easily resolved and that the CRT website and forums are healthy and continue to operate in a normal fashion. |
|
| Author: | RicoGuapo [ Mon Sep 14, 2026 6:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
Another week has gone by with no response. And I have seen no new posts this week on this board either. I now think it must be operating as a zombie site. |
|
| Author: | continentaltraveler [ Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone getting CRT cards now |
You may surely be right. Can an admin chime in? I am not sure how it is still running as a headless zombie site. I personally cared less about the card and was more interested in having access to communicate with others. Maybe we could build another site to replace this forum and have it better moderated? |
|
| Page 1 of 3 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|