www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Costa Rica Dental Team
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:17 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:04 pm
Posts: 108
Location: New Jersey
Costa Rica Dental Team used to go by the names 90210 and Esthetics, etc.

Do they still offer a CRT discount and if so how much. I need to get a lot of work done on my teeth and that makes becoming a VIP even more important.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:01 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:29 pm
Posts: 3353
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Lollypop54 wrote:
Costa Rica Dental Team used to go by the names 90210 and Esthetics, etc.

Do they still offer a CRT discount and if so how much. I need to get a lot of work done on my teeth and that makes becoming a VIP even more important.


In theory they offer the 10% discount, but some things don't apply, so I would call them and ask directly what your procedures would cost and if any discount is applied.

I didn't even think about it, I was getting a tooth pulled for $50 and they determined the roots were too deep and curved in the upper back and they needed the orthopedic surgeon, who is a master, by the way, and were embarrassed to tell me that costs $100.

That ordeal would have been $500 in the USA easy, for an oral surgeon, or some greedy reckless dentist in America would still charge $200 to $300 and probably break up my tooth and give me an infection...

They give amazing professional top notch service.

_________________
Don't try to understand 'em, just rope 'em down and brand 'em...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:20 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 9:58 am
Posts: 2842
Netgems wrote:
Lollypop54 wrote:
Costa Rica Dental Team used to go by the names 90210 and Esthetics, etc.

Do they still offer a CRT discount and if so how much. I need to get a lot of work done on my teeth and that makes becoming a VIP even more important.


In theory they offer the 10% discount, but some things don't apply, so I would call them and ask directly what your procedures would cost and if any discount is applied.

I didn't even think about it, I was getting a tooth pulled for $50 and they determined the roots were too deep and curved in the upper back and they needed the orthopedicsurgeon, who is a master, by the way, and were embarrassed to tell me that costs $100.

That ordeal would have been $500 in the USA easy, for an oral surgeon, or some greedy reckless dentist in America would still charge $200 to $300 and probably break up my tooth and give me an infection...

They give amazing professional top notch service.

If they had an orthoPEDIC surgeon work on you they SHOULD be embarrassed. I wonder what they would have charged for an orthoDONTIC one.

_________________
If you lose your temper you’re phucking yourself - Garcia Marquez


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:24 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:04 pm
Posts: 108
Location: New Jersey
I am also talking to Prisma. Haven't gotten a full quote but they seem Okay.

Also got a quote from Goodness dental. Their price was high and the quote was poorly put together. I got the impression that the patient coordinator was working on commission. I had no choice but to say Bye in a hurry!


Last edited by Lollypop54 on Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:20 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:36 pm
Posts: 1123
I got two implants and two sinus lifts at Costa Rica Dental Team. It was a long ordeal but I was very pleased with the service. I thought the price was very good but I am also sure you can find it cheaper in San Jose if you looked. There are also places that will try to accelerate the process. I wouldn't trust an aggressive approach. The grafts take time to seat as well as the implants.

Dr Briceño was the oral surgeon who did the lifts, the grafts and placed the implants. He is excellent.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:56 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 109
Lollypop54 wrote:
I am also talking to Prisma. Haven't gotten a full quote but they seem Okay.

Also got a quote from Goodness dental. Their price was high and the quote was poorly put together. I got the impression that the patient coordinator was working on commission. I had no choice but to say Bye in a hurry!

Had to split with Marco Cavalini. Could not stand his attitude and long wait times in the lobby. I lowballed him and got an answer that they do not wish to do business with me :roll:

BTW: I am in the market for two implants and possibly two sinus lifts if needed.


I highly recommend Prisma. I’ve been using them for many years and couldn’t be happier - normal stuff like cleanings, fillings and 2 root canals (absolutely no pain). Nothing more complicated than that but they are excellent.

Hope this helps.

Woozo


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:47 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:04 pm
Posts: 108
Location: New Jersey
Thanks, Wazoo. I am leaning toward Prisma because their approach of not needing a sinus lift or just having a mini lift will save me lots of money and Pain. I am waiting for a quote from them and then will book a flight and have this done during the Thanksgiving break in the USA.

I have a couple of questions. 1) Do they do pick up from the Airport 2) How about Pick up and drop off from the hotel?

If I can find a room at this last minute, I'll stay at Sportsmans else Costillo or whatever I can get.

Any other pointers towards Prisma will be greatly appreciated. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:50 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:29 pm
Posts: 3353
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Boynton wrote:
Netgems wrote:
Lollypop54 wrote:
Costa Rica Dental Team used to go by the names 90210 and Esthetics, etc.

Do they still offer a CRT discount and if so how much. I need to get a lot of work done on my teeth and that makes becoming a VIP even more important.


In theory they offer the 10% discount, but some things don't apply, so I would call them and ask directly what your procedures would cost and if any discount is applied.

I didn't even think about it, I was getting a tooth pulled for $50 and they determined the roots were too deep and curved in the upper back and they needed the orthopedicsurgeon, who is a master, by the way, and were embarrassed to tell me that costs $100.

That ordeal would have been $500 in the USA easy, for an oral surgeon, or some greedy reckless dentist in America would still charge $200 to $300 and probably break up my tooth and give me an infection...

They give amazing professional top notch service.

If they had an orthoPEDIC surgeon work on you they SHOULD be embarrassed. I wonder what they would have charged for an orthoDONTIC one.



Making fun of those of us with Dementia...Shame on you...You know I'm still under 70 and only have MILD dementia...I could still get government work... :shock:

_________________
Don't try to understand 'em, just rope 'em down and brand 'em...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:24 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 109
Lollypop54 wrote:
Thanks, Wazoo. I am leaning toward Prisma because their approach of not needing a sinus lift or just having a mini lift will save me lots of money and Pain. I am waiting for a quote from them and then will book a flight and have this done during the Thanksgiving break in the USA.

I have a couple of questions. 1) Do they do pick up from the Airport 2) How about Pick up and drop off from the hotel?

If I can find a room at this last minute, I'll stay at Sportsmans else Costillo or whatever I can get.

Any other pointers towards Prisma will be greatly appreciated. :)


LP54,

Sorry but I can’t help you there since I live here and do not need those services. They do have a USA toll free phone number so you can call and check. The number is: 866-985-0191.

According to their website, they do have several “partner” hotels they recommend and most of those hotels do offer airport transfers (but I don’t know if there is a charge or not). “The partner” hotels can probably also make arrangements to transfer you to/from Prisma. I’m sure the folks at Prisma can answer those questions on the phone.

They are located in Rohrmoser - close to the national stadium. Normally you do not have to wait any time at all for your appointment - I’m usually seen in no more than 5 - 10 minutes.

Their offices rival any USA dental office as far as modern, state-of-the-art equipment and procedures. All the doctors speak excellent English (if that is an issue) and so do many of the reception staff. Most of the dental assistants do not but there is normally very little interaction with them. Everyone is very friendly!

I have recommended several friends to Prisma and all have been very pleased.

Hope this helps.

Woozo


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:30 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:04 pm
Posts: 108
Location: New Jersey
Woozo wrote:
Lollypop54 wrote:
Thanks, Wazoo. I am leaning toward Prisma because their approach of not needing a sinus lift or just having a mini lift will save me lots of money and Pain. I am waiting for a quote from them and then will book a flight and have this done during the Thanksgiving break in the USA.

I have a couple of questions. 1) Do they do pick up from the Airport 2) How about Pick up and drop off from the hotel?

If I can find a room at this last minute, I'll stay at Sportsmans else Costillo or whatever I can get.

Any other pointers towards Prisma will be greatly appreciated. :)


LP54,

Sorry but I can’t help you there since I live here and do not need those services. They do have a USA toll free phone number so you can call and check. The number is: 866-985-0191.

According to their website, they do have several “partner” hotels they recommend and most of those hotels do offer airport transfers (but I don’t know if there is a charge or not). “The partner” hotels can probably also make arrangements to transfer you to/from Prisma. I’m sure the folks at Prisma can answer those questions on the phone.

They are located in Rohrmoser - close to the national stadium. Normally you do not have to wait any time at all for your appointment - I’m usually seen in no more than 5 - 10 minutes.

Their offices rival any USA dental office as far as modern, state-of-the-art equipment and procedures. All the doctors speak excellent English (if that is an issue) and so do many of the reception staff. Most of the dental assistants do not but there is normally very little interaction with them. Everyone is very friendly!

I have recommended several friends to Prisma and all have been very pleased.

Hope this helps.

Woozo


Woozo,

Thanks for the details. In the end, I may not go to Prisma after all. They quoted me 4400 on the phone and sent an estimate of 8300. Not my cup of tea. Bait and switch is my pet peeve.

Best


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:44 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 109
Lollypop54 wrote:
Woozo wrote:
Lollypop54 wrote:
Thanks, Wazoo. I am leaning toward Prisma because their approach of not needing a sinus lift or just having a mini lift will save me lots of money and Pain. I am waiting for a quote from them and then will book a flight and have this done during the Thanksgiving break in the USA.

I have a couple of questions. 1) Do they do pick up from the Airport 2) How about Pick up and drop off from the hotel?

If I can find a room at this last minute, I'll stay at Sportsmans else Costillo or whatever I can get.

Any other pointers towards Prisma will be greatly appreciated. :)


LP54,

Sorry but I can’t help you there since I live here and do not need those services. They do have a USA toll free phone number so you can call and check. The number is: 866-985-0191.

According to their website, they do have several “partner” hotels they recommend and most of those hotels do offer airport transfers (but I don’t know if there is a charge or not). “The partner” hotels can probably also make arrangements to transfer you to/from Prisma. I’m sure the folks at Prisma can answer those questions on the phone.

They are located in Rohrmoser - close to the national stadium. Normally you do not have to wait any time at all for your appointment - I’m usually seen in no more than 5 - 10 minutes.

Their offices rival any USA dental office as far as modern, state-of-the-art equipment and procedures. All the doctors speak excellent English (if that is an issue) and so do many of the reception staff. Most of the dental assistants do not but there is normally very little interaction with them. Everyone is very friendly!

I have recommended several friends to Prisma and all have been very pleased.

Hope this helps.

Woozo


Woozo,

Thanks for the details. In the end, I may not go to Prisma after all. They quoted me 4400 on the phone and sent an estimate of 8300. Not my cup of tea. Bait and switch is my pet peeve.

Best


LP54,

Totally understand - I’m not big on bait and switch either.

Good luck where ever you go.

Woozo


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:05 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:05 pm
Posts: 300
Location: At The "Y"
Costa Rica Dental Team in the past has offered a discount when paying in cash with USD. They will also come and pick you up at your hotel and after your appointment will drive you back to your hotel. Not sure about picking you up at the airport.
Get your quote for the work first and then ask for applicable cash discount price.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:



Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group