It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:06 am 
Site Admin

https://costaricaticas.com/news.php?id=343

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:27 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Sr. Admin: Is Don Ursulo the guy who has the tobacco plantation in Puriscal?

I am a firm believer in supporting those who support us!

Notwithstanding, I remember purchasing una puro de aqui– a local Costa Rican cigar; then I flew up to Sacramento and went to the tobacco shop in Old Town and bought the same cigar for less than half the price I paid in a cigar shop in SJO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:14 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Hmmmm I always wanted to try one a dem newfangled cigards. 8^)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:49 pm 

Cigards are somewhat different than cigars. The official Cigard has been urinated on by Fidel himself and are sold by street vendors at or near the Hotel Presidente. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:06 pm 

To be an official cigard, it must have been specially perfumed by that Miss Lewensky with ececutive assistance :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:17 pm 

Now that is my kind of cigard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:20 am 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
You guys are too funny--taking Brother IDs place, are we? Seriously, that's a tour that's on my list--worth an afternoon for any aficianado, I'd think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:03 am 

I have been importing the cigars for almost a year now and have found the service to be impeccable. Great value and a great product.

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16

Post subject: cigars
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:42 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

OK boys, now tell me the best place to get good prices on Cigars. I havent been in CR for a year, and I am happy to say, I'm landing in SJ on 1-27-09.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:56 pm 

I just bought a 25 box off the street knowing they were fake Cohibas, but tasty. 2 questions,,,,,,Can I fly them home to Saramento, CA w/o a customs problem, as they say Cuba on the box and the bands, and thats all BS. And are they healthy to smoke, as in quailty curing? Thanks for any info>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:19 pm 

Santacruzer wrote:
I just bought a 25 box off the street knowing they were fake Cohibas, but tasty. 2 questions,,,,,,Can I fly them home to Saramento, CA w/o a customs problem, as they say Cuba on the box and the bands, and thats all BS. And are they healthy to smoke, as in quailty curing? Thanks for any info>

I would expect that should they see them you will be subject to secondary inspection which I have been told is not the most pleasant part of your trip.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:37 pm 

At the SJO airport or US customs somewhere? I think many gringos must buy these and they are good cigars. I do want to take the box home and we all know they are made in Nic or CR. I can ask at the Havana Bar/ ZB, if no one responds with a personal experience. I just got impatient to know. thanks, and you do have a PHD.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:18 pm 

Don Ursulo's Cigars are excellent. Each person is allowed to enter the United States with 100 cigars duty free.

His Limited Edition Blue Label and his original White Label are available at the Costa Rica Cigar Store http://www.costaricacigarstore.com

We will deliver in the Central Valley at cash CRT discount off of our listed website price. You can contact us at sales@costaricacigarstore.com. We carry Vegas de Santiago, Dignity, Vogel, Fundacion Ancestral, Flor Real, Mythos Solitude, Reserva Ecologica and many other highly regarded Costa Rica Cigars. We only purchase directly from the manufacturers.

We do NOT sell Cuban Cigars. Nobody in Costa Rica sells Cuban Cigars unless they are bringing them in on a plane for personal use. Neither Habanos, SA nor any other Cuban manufacturer that I am aware of exports to Costa Rica.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:54 am 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Mickymoose wrote:
Don Ursulo's Cigars are excellent. Each person is allowed to enter the United States with 100 cigars duty free.

His Limited Edition Blue Label and his original White Label are available at the Costa Rica Cigar Store http://www.costaricacigarstore.com

We will deliver in the Central Valley at cash CRT discount off of our listed website price. You can contact us at sales@costaricacigarstore.com. We carry Vegas de Santiago, Dignity, Vogel, Fundacion Ancestral, Flor Real, Mythos Solitude, Reserva Ecologica and many other highly regarded Costa Rica Cigars. We only purchase directly from the manufacturers.

We do NOT sell Cuban Cigars. Nobody in Costa Rica sells Cuban Cigars unless they are bringing them in on a plane for personal use. Neither Habanos, SA nor any other Cuban manufacturer that I am aware of exports to Costa Rica.

Appreciative as I am for his promoting CR cigars, commercial messages are highly discouraged here. You could buy a classified ad or become a CRT Sponsor or at the very least, become a CRT VIP yourself. Consider this a friendly caution.
For those wanting to visit his biz in downtown SJO, here's a mention on a competing Website (complete with map):
http://www.costaricasmtravel.com/gringo ... keasy-bar/

Not so BTW, Don Ursulo does not to my knowledge have factory tours but VdS does. Here's more on that:
http://www.vegassantiago.com/tour.htm
One of these trips I will bestir myself to go to Puriscal--a "bucket list" item.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:17 pm 

I apologize.

I felt it was acceptable and it is my only self promotion on this site. I likened it to Ford Motor being an advertiser and I was just letting everyone know that I am an authorized Ford Motor Dealer. I will not do it again unless in response to a direct question. If you have a VIP sponsor, CRT members should know where the products are available.

The Vegas da Santiago tour is a good one and will show you how cigars are made. Tabacos de la Cordillera will also give a tour although it is difficult to get to. I would recomend both.

I have been waiting for someone to mention Speakeasy on this site. As soon as it is posted I will add my kudos to their beer, decor, company, and food.

I have let my VIP status elapse (a couple of years ago). I would recommend anyone one who is learning San Jose to become a VIP member. The map alone is worth it. I will consider renewing my membership.