www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:47 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

any web address on this place. As a newbie to CR, I'm having a heck of a time to ID best place to go, against what's available. coming in to SJ one night only 11/26.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:48 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

https://www.hotelfreebird.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:51 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

duh!!! I just tried that before i saw your post. What an idiot I am! Thanks bud!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:56 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

GRAND OPENING SPECIAL for CRT - VIP MEMBERS ONLY !

Deluxe Queen rooms for ONLY US$ 30 per night + tax.

Offer good for occupancy through February 05, 2008.
There are a LIMITED number of dates available at this price. RESERVE YOURS TODAY!

Rate is not subject to any previous offers, discounts or coupons.

Go to our website at www.hotelfreebird.com and click on "View Rooms" to see the Deluxe Queen rooms & our suites. 506-221-1150

Post subject: Feedback - HF Suite 1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:45 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I Just wanted to drop a note of appreciation for the hospitality given on my recent stay at your hotel.

My suite was great and very quiet except for the screaming chicas inside of my suite (don't know exactly but they kept yelling "es muy grande or something."

The hotel was finished out very tastfully and felt very comfortable my entire stay.

Needless to stay I am planning an immediat turnaround and wish to stay at your hotel over the Christmas holiday. And would like to reserve the same suite.

Can't say enough about what a stress reliever the too short vacation was. And totally BS free in a great part to you and your staff.

Thanks
Darrell Smith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:50 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I am interested in booking this hotel. Has anyone else seen it or can they vouch for the area, it seems very reasonable.

Post subject: Hotel Freebird Review
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:52 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:58 am Post subject: Freebird review by QBF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all,
Some of you might have been aware of this, over the past several weeks I've been visiting CR, but not the gulch, except overnight on my way in/out.

I've been picking and choosing different hotels to stay at in this time, as it has been more about where to spend the night in SJO, not mongering there...

So, I'm going to put together a few reviews of hotels for y'all...

Over a year ago I made a statement, that so far has held true, and it went something to the effect of: I'm not going to come to SJO to monger and not stay at ZB...

I have now stayed at over a dozen hotels in SJO over the past 12 months, that are not ZB, while not mongering, and I have just come across the first hotel that has the POTENTIAL of changing my mind... When I say potential, I still have to factor in the $20 sessions at ZB, and then I gotta say, that ZB wins, but I can consider that if ZB is full, I might still come to CR and monger anyway, if I can stay at Freebird...

Freebird, in my opinion puts the rest of the hotels I've stayed at in SJO to shame. With the exception of the SL penthouse, and the spa suites at Presidente, Freebird is the nicest hotel room I've stayed at in CR.

I am currently spending my second night at Freebird, due to unforseen circumstances I have had to not travel today, and spend a second night. I chose the suite #2 option. Dennis showed me the other suite, which is just as nice, only with a bigger bed, as well as the queen rooms, which are gorgeous!

When you combine everything that is on offer at Freebird, and factor in it's price, you'd be daft if you stayed anywhere else.

The rooms all have plasma tv's with SKY TV, NICE refrigerators, and at least the suites both had microwaves. The queen rooms have a common area with microwaves and a washer and a dryer - no more treking out to a laudromat, or having to deal with someone else doing my laundry!

Wireless in the rooms was with a FULL signal, I usually can't even get that at home!

The bed is extremely comfortable, and the shower is awesome.

There is no AC in most rooms, but you don't need it - I'm ALWAYS hot, and I never felt uncomfortable here. There are ceiling fans that make the place feel frigid in fact.

Both suites have comfortable couches, and a bar with running faucet, and bar stools.

There are no keys to loose, as everything is digitally locked, so, as long as you don't forget passcodes, you're set.

There's an in-room safe as well..

The rooms are INCREDIBLY quiet, and you can barely hear the street noise outside, which for SJ is amazing.

As far as brining chicas back, well, you can see the relatively sane policy on their website.

The location is fantastic, with tons of dining options, as well as 2 pharmacies within a 2min walk, the HDR is 3 blocks away, and Idem is less than 4. (Paco/LH/MG, that means pucho's is only 3 blocks away for you)

My only complaint is about parking, which I have for most places in SJ. There's a couple of parking garages around, and there's street parking. I've been parking on the street during the day, and moving my car to one of the lots overnight, where they've been charging me 5400 colones from 6pm to 9am.

As long as Dennis has space, I will not be looking for anywhere else to stay in SJ, when not mongering. I've found a home.

Their website is:
https://www.hotelfreebird.com/

qbf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:15 pm 

note deluxe queen shares bathrooms

//\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:23 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I just spent a couple of days there. It was pretty cool. Dennis needs to learn how to make better coffee, but the place is aces otherwise... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:28 pm 

Did I read that right on the website. No smoking? Talk about a buzz kill :shock:

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:06 am 

The "no smoking" is one reason why I now stay there instead of the Del Rey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:33 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Jadcujo wrote:
Did I read that right on the website. No smoking? Talk about a buzz kill :shock:

Cujo

Epic accommodations; super clean rooms, plenty of hot water, a very comfortable [north] american style mattress, within walking distance to everything, and most importantly no concerns with any wafting smoke!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:38 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Is there a bar in this joint?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:26 am 

Stuff wrote:
Is there a bar in this joint?

No . It is very close to the best bar in the World, The Blue Marlin. IMNSHO.

Post subject: Great stay
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:14 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Great Stay,
3 blocks to the Marlin Bar, Idem to the right of me, Sportmens' to the left. Here I am in a very clean room with a bed at the right height for standing thrusting and enough nice towels for a Tica shower (every day). It is a hike to the baths from 7, but I am fit.

I'll be back.

Dennis, thanks for the headsup on Nancy.