www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:09 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Just spent Saturday night there in a luxury suite ($74 with tax). I highly recommend it.

The good points: Impressive looking room, flat screen, fridge, micro, big bed with mirror, beautiful bathroom with large shower and handrails. Dennis is just like you and me - super friendly and super accomodating. Free internet near the laundry room.

420 colones by taxi to the DR! Or you can walk just as quickly almost.

The drawbacks: the neighborhood, the metal gate with the combination lock, and the narrow exterior hallway.

Note: You MUST print the online map and give it to the driver. Otherwise he will not find the place at all. But once you've been there it's easy.

Go back, Jack .... Do it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:00 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

just walked past the Freebird about 20 minutes ago and there is no longer a sign on the place....what's up? anyone know what the deal is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:35 pm 

EsposoDeBarbie wrote:
just walked past the Freebird about 20 minutes ago and there is no longer a sign on the place....what's up? anyone know what the deal is?

The deal is...... I'm so phucking jealous that you're still in SJO !!! :shock: :P :lol:

Post subject: Gambler11
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:01 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Gambler11 you NEGATIVE P.O.S. ! I just spent an hour reviewing your post. Most of your posts are NEGATIVE or VULGAR. Guys like you need a life. If you can't CONTRIBUTE to the Forum, don't write at all !

I bet YOU are one of the NMG's (no money guys) that have NO LIFE & nothing positive to say about anything.

As for The Freebird. Apparently you have NEVER been in the property, know nothing about it and have not read the reviews.

Since the Freebird opened over a year ago, it has hosted over 300 guests and received 99% POSITIVE REVIEWS. Everything in the hotel is NEW !

The rates are about 30% - 40% less than any other equal properties, the property is secure in a quiet neighborhood with no crack heads harassing the guests and very few hotels in SJ Centro have as nice accommodations...

The For Sale sign means "it is FOR SALE." Is that too hard to understand. As for the fence, it is for THE SECURITY of the property and guest! Such fences are the norm in Costa Rica / San Jose. Open your beer soaked eyes.

Again, if you can't contribute to the Forum, don't write at all !

Last edited by Hailceasar on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:01 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

The deal is me and calken are pissed you arent here with us amigo. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:47 am 

The Freebird is exactly as it was before.

Anyone posting misinformation my be suspect of a motive.

Dennis the owner has had MANY successful businesses before and this is just one of them.

Because the real-estate prices in that area are going higher and higher, he has entertained that idea of selling it. Hence the customary "SeVende" Plastic sign. What is the big deal ? It is very tough to find property in that area and he had decided to test the market.

If he sells it and one of us buy it, GREAT ? If he does not then fine.

IN the meantime , business as usual. I stayed there two nights ago and didn't even notice he sign until I was looking for it after reading this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:14 pm 

G11, Ceaser is one of us, who provides a very nice suites and rooms at a reasonable price. He also supports the board by being a paying member(hint, hint) 1) if he is saleing its between him and the potential buyer 2)its not what you said its how you said it; if had mentioned it as a way of informing interested buyers, than you would be carrying on the board mission of helping each other out, but by coming off negetively, with the barbwire and cheap sign talk, the vibe just comes off wrong. if you never stayed there than you wouldnt know that while the outside might fit the neighborhood the inside is 3 to 4 stars with a fellow monger who will go above and beyond to ensure you a good time.

G11 wrote
"there is a big ugly sign oin the front of the hotel..a cheap 40 dollar banner that sez "si vende" what kind of a sign is that?

Last time I looked it is for sale. and the area with the barbed wire in front of the hotel resembles a half way house..not a hotel"

//\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////

Last edited by Mr.Black on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: hail cesar
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:11 pm 
funny he never worte a rebuttal.

is he the owner?

barbed wire and cheap signs..wow just a place to stay.

please, stop your free advertising. Hailceasar must be owner or friend. everything he writes is positive and only about freebird

Post subject: Re: hail cesar
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:18 pm 

Gambler11 wrote:
funny he never worte a rebuttal.

is he the owner?

please, stop your free advertising. Hailceasar must be owner or friend. everything he writes is positive and only about freebird

He is the owner, a CRT sponsor and a friend to many of us. Don't know where you came from but glad you are gone G11.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:04 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I stayed there, the owner is a good guy,the facilities are good value for the money,The location is just great, and barb wire security cameras and digital gate access code just adds to the guests security.After all You are in central america. And for People to bitch about a tacky for sale sign I for one am very supportive of Denis wanting to move on to other adventures.AS he is one of the few people in this world that has gotten perhaps more than his share of prime poontang.All the best to Denis!
!

Post subject: Freebird
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:05 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Looks nice until I noticed on their website that the Queen rooms ($35) don't have a bathroom or water. Seems kind of a pain to have to go 2 or 3 floors down to use a communal bathroom. I suppose the suites here would be the way to go. Is not having a bathroom in a hotel room normal for CR? (other than hostels)

"It is suggested you bring a bath robe & slippers for going to & from the bathroom. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:48 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
The Website for the Hotel Freebird is www.hotelfreebird.com
On the other-than-Home-Page toplines "WWD" is a list of stuff Within Walking Distance--quite handy to have, along with their printable "Location" map of the neighborhood.
The Eaton Brothers have worked hard to make a top-notch 2nd-tier venue--give them a play!!
Unanswered however is the question, "Do they have a security guard?"

Post subject: freebird neighbourhood
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:07 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

How is the neighbourhood around the freebird after 7pm? walkable to Tin Jo and Idem? other places?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:45 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Jazzbo and Adventure -

There is no security guard at Freebird BUT you need the combination to the gate to get in AND out. If a chica pulls a fast one there is no way to get out since she does not have the combo to the gate and it has razor wire over the top of the gate and elsewhere along the rooftops.

I personally never had a problem after seven. I took a cab to the corner where the big florist shop is (corner of calle 2 and avenida 11) and then walked the 50 meters to the front gate with the combo lock on it. Always felt secure those 50 meters but thats just me.

3P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

https://costaricaticas.com/news.php?id=420

The FreeBird Udated discounts!