www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: About what I expected.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:27 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Thanks for the report Delaware Guy. It appears to be about what was described in a couple of tour books I read, with the exception of the noise which wasn't mentioned. I guess that means I will be bringing my IPOD and old work earplugs for the week I have booked there in December. In the end, the noise will probably not matter. If the Chica's in Cr are as plentiful and as good as advertised on this board, at my age I'll be damn tired anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:47 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Thanks for that DG. I will spend my entire trip at the SL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:41 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Stayed at the Inca Real from Thursday-Sunday in December. The staff was friendly, but not overly so.

The outside of the building kinda looks hip 'miami-ish'. Their lobby is smallish, but quaint. The hotel is kinda like a 3-story Embassy Suites...meaning all the rooms open up to a courtyard with a roof over it. The roof has a 4-6 ft open space on the sides that let fresh air in, very refreshing. The courtyard area looks nice. Couldn't wait to get to my room when I saw it. Opened the door and was like, wut the?

The decor was 70s-salesman. It had a lil closet with an 'electronic' safe. Only problem was there were no batteries in it, so it didn't work. Had a desk, if that's something you need. Sink exposed to the room, like budget American hotels. The bathroom had a decent looking shower. Walk back out and notice a ceiling fan. Look around and....you got it...no A/C. At night, not a big deal...but I aint no tiny thang and trapsing up stairs can have a bigboy lookin for some cool air. Oh yeah, no windows...so only fresh air comes from the Courtyard.

At this point, I know I'm not getting any points from a Chica when I bring her back here, so I say to myself, "Please let this bed be comfy." It had two double beds....that were from...when the hotel was built maybe :cry:

They have internet on a computer in the courtyard and they have wireless.
The TV was not phat by any means, but did have cool stations available.
There was no mini-fridge in the room, but they do sell drinks at the front desk. Towels....there were two in the room the first night. I asked the cleaning lady for more towels. So instead of two swans awaiting me upon my return, I now had .... three swans.

They have signs everywhere they say to keep quiet after 10 or 11 pm. That's odd I thought. Then, as I'm walking by my neighbors room (young couple) and hear some noises....haha, I think to myself, then I think, "that's quite clear, almost like I'm in the room" and :idea: I realized where 'all' that fresh air in my room was coming from....lil windows that are OPEN to the courtyard.

I had chicas in and out. The earliest was afternoon, the latest was 3ish. They never bothered me....and I didn't realize the open window thing until late on day two. They always whip out their 'chica fee sheet' when you bring someone, until you meet all their staff, then they just get the credula from the chica. But if you have your CRT card, it's gratis.

All in all, for the price, it was alright. I wanted to stay at the SL for the Mansion-like atmosphere, but it was booked. And I checked every day I was there :?

Oh yeah, this place is like a hop and a skip from ZB and NF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:35 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Thanks for the report TS. My goal was to check out the place when I was down a few weeks ago but never made it over. I like the idea of a 20% CRT discount.