www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

https://costaricaticas.com/news.php?id=273

Last edited by Admin 1 on Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:25 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Good going Tomas!

The one time I was over there - to hang out with the notorius (and long absent, though not forgotten) Horny Bastid - this seemed like a really cool place - though I wasn't sure about their attitude towards "guests". Anyway, at these prices a definite alternative option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:24 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Where are we located at??? Rates are very reasonable. CRT brings it down even more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:02 pm 

2 blocks from Zona Blue

Less than a block from Amon Plaza

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:43 pm 

I can`t get English on thier web site and was wondering if there are electronic safes in the rooms? I thank Admin 1 for the great bargins they keep getting the CRT VIPs . I really appreciate the hard work they do for the membership. Thanks once again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:29 pm 

Joker according to the website they do have Caja de seguridads in the rooms, but doesn't say if they're electronic. Now go study your spanish. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:55 am 

Sorry, I'm already not impressed. I have some clients staying there and am trying to contact the number they gave me. The front desk has put me on hold and never got back to me once, hung up on me once, and rattled off some phone number to me in rapid fire Spanish one time. Step 1: Answering of the phone and they can't seem to handle it.

Post subject: Strike two
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:12 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I tried to make a reservation from their internet page and it wouldn't go through - bad link. Frankly I was a little uncomfortable sending credit card info over what apparently is not a secure page anyway. So I sent an email with my request. I received a response within an hour, and made the reservation. I will only be there one night before I move on to the SL, but I will post a review.

Last edited by Delaware Guy on Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:07 pm 

nice location

fair rate with breakfast and laundry included

easy walk to the gulch, ZB, NF, SL, Morazan Park

(export version only, some restrictions may apply, some assembly required, not valid where the sun don't shine...

if you live in the states of Poverty, Darkness or anywhere outside of The Blessings of Civilization Trust, Inc...other rules may apply)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm 

Please post results Delaware Guy. I am thinking of a few days their before the SL as well. Gotta cut cost somewhere.

Post subject: Hotel Inca Real
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:50 pm 

I had a similar experience by E-mailing the hotel. I received a reply in about an hour with a message that the room was booked and they only needed a credit card for the guarantee. I did send them my CC info as I subscribe ($20 a year) to a protection plan for all my cards offered by American Express. I am still careful, but just in case, I am protected. Before booking I also checked several travel books and some of them had this hotel listed as budget but very clean with good matresses and a damn good value. I was quoted a price of $216 (don't think that is with tax) for six nights. So cheap that I added another night! So, well done Admins. Kudos to yo :D u all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:40 pm 

When are your booked for Julio??

Post subject: Toadtamer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:09 pm 

Toadtamer, I'm supposed to be booked for a week beginning December 12, 2006. However, I just received my confirmation and they had the dates from Dec 13, for 6 days. I think they got confused because my original request for information had those dates. I had to change them because of no airline reservation available for those dates. I notified them but they must have used the original. No big deal, I E-mailed them and sure they will correct it. According to those travel books, this place should be a gem for the price. Will you be staying there also during that period?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:43 pm 

I'm thinking of a couple of days at the Inca then switching to the SL. I'll be there inbetween Xmas and New Years. I need to read a posative experience, post before I book at the Inca.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:56 pm 

I only stayed there one night, but based on that experience, I will say it was passable.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The CRT rate was granted, no questions asked. That, coupled with paying cash, got my basic single room rate down to $36. And you get just that - a basic single room. If noise bothers you this is not the place to stay. You can hear everything that is going on outside your room clearly, including everybody going up and down the stairs. The bed was comfortable (though the sheets were obviously old and thread worn), shower was hot, furnishings were a little worn. I understand some of the rooms have been redone so quite possibly they are working their way down to this, the smallest of them.

It's no farther to walk to the gulch than The Clarion Amon Plaza, which is 1/2 block away. I never had a problem finding a taxi. No chica fee (another CRT benefit) but they did have the nerve to charge $3 for her breakfast which, unless we were late, was minimal at best. Coffee, fruit, and toast, nada más. Had I been staying longer I may have made an issue of it, but we were already packed and ready to move on.

The bottom line from my perspective is it's a cheap place to stay. If you're really on a budget, want to try someplace different, or the usual haunts are booked, it's a place to hang your hat and bring your chica. I am sure there are better places in town for twice the price. I don't know if there are better places for $36 a night.

Last edited by Delaware Guy on Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.