www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:49 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... capes.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg4oZINjUxQ

Gwen Wunderlich was on a flight to Costa Rica on Friday morning when her dog walker called saying that her dog Cash, a Chow Chow, had escaped in downtown Brooklyn

A Brooklyn woman forced the JetBlue plane taking her on vacation to turn around after her dog broke loose from his walker and went on a six-hour adventure around New York City.

Gwen Wunderlich was on a flight to Costa Rica on Friday morning when her dog walker called saying that her dog Cash, a Chow Chow, had escaped in downtown Brooklyn.

'I told the stewardess. I got up, and she was like, "Are you sure? We can only turn around for emergencies,"' Wunderlich told WCBS 2.

'I'm like, "this is an emergency for me."'

The woman added that she was quick to alert authorities about the missing pooch.

And it really was a team effort: as Wunderlich made her way back to Brooklyn, her friends set out to make flyers and set up alerts for Cash.

'Everyone was trying to get him. People were stopping their cars,' she told the New York Daily News.

'There was even a construction worker who took off his belt and tried to get Cash with it.'

A little after 7am, Cash was spotted crossing the Brooklyn Bridge on the human pathway.

Later, around 11am, the pooch would be seen at 51st Street and 1st Avenue under a bench, but ran away when a park worker approached.

Each time he was spotted by a member of the public and the report came back to his owner, Wunderlich followed intently, hoping to be reunited with her dog soon.

She added: 'We drove to Canal Street, we drove to the Manhattan Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, back downtown by Canal Street.'

Wunderlich had a sigh of relief when she was called close to 1.30pm by Animal Care and Control informing her that Cash had gone into a deli on 18th Street and 8th Avenue.

The New York Daily News reported that the pooch may have been 'looking for love when he wandered off' as he had not been neutered.

The two were soon reunited but Cash did have to get both neutered and micro-chipped

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:27 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Daily Mail coveniently leaves out the fact the plane was on the tarmac...youtube clarifies it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:02 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

wunderlich lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:02 pm 

Why do we suffer these special snowflakes to live? She should be put on the “no fly” list for twenty years. She should be forced to pay every passenger $200 for the inconvenience and the airline $10,000

"I'm not one those pathetic lietuenant colonels working a silly civilian job, working out two hours a day trying to reclaim a body they lost 20 years ago and four hours a night completing War College by correspondence in a sad attempt at colonel. Tyler Durden told us [i]'Self improvement is masturbation[/i].' My mid-life crisis is going to involve a new sports car, or the zoftig redhead with daddy issues in accounting, or better yet, racking up frequent flyer miles going to Pattaya."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:29 pm 

Oh, Jeeze, a portent for the end of civilization. And also air travel.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:14 pm 

'I told the stewardess. I got up, and she was like, "Are you sure? We can only turn around for emergencies,"' Wunderlich told WCBS 2.

'I'm like, "this is an emergency for me."'

I hope this woman does not reproduce......

"I'm not one those pathetic lietuenant colonels working a silly civilian job, working out two hours a day trying to reclaim a body they lost 20 years ago and four hours a night completing War College by correspondence in a sad attempt at colonel. Tyler Durden told us [i]'Self improvement is masturbation[/i].' My mid-life crisis is going to involve a new sports car, or the zoftig redhead with daddy issues in accounting, or better yet, racking up frequent flyer miles going to Pattaya."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:18 pm 

Entitlement. The thought that you can turn around an airliner with 150 people on it because your doggy escaped from the dog sitter. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: