www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rules of Mongering
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:41 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

What is acceptable behavior between mongers?
1. Your friend 's number one is off limits to you. His number two is fair game.
2. You respect any monger while he is working. Be certain that he is finished before you try to move in. Temporarily unattended does not mean finished.
3. If a monger approaches you and says, "I noticed who you were with last night. Is she available?" This is being respectful and rates some cooperation. If she is a working girl she may appreciate the business referral. If you are concerned the guy will make an ass of himself, you get contact information from him and tell him you will give it to her.
4. Running another monger down to a working girl to try to gain favor with her is bad form.
5. How you feel about working girls is your right. How you describe them is your right too. How you describe them does reflect back on your values and character.
6. The words Tica and Nica do not equal prostitute only that a woman is from Costa Rica or Nicaragua. You are free to use these words to denote women working as prostitutes if you choose however this too reflects back on your character and values and pisses off many of your fellow board members.

Examples of bad form.
1. You buy a girl a drink, leave the table for whatever reason and leave your drink on the table. She is unattended but it is obvious you are not finished. She is not fair game at this point.
2. Your buddy has several hot contacts. You know which one is his favorite. This one you leave alone. She may work in an mp. Makes no difference. If he says that you should try her the rule is waved. A friend is to be valued over a girl. Hoarding is also in bad form. You have no right to get pissed should your buddy move in on women who are down on your list.
3. Telling a chica that her customer a fellow monger was with other women in an attempt to gain favor with her is definitely bad form. Your business is your business and not free to be shared. His business is his business and not free to be shared.

Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Rules of Mongering
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:06 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Don't assume every girl you see in a place like La Amistad is a hooker and hence fair game.

That pretty girl who looks like a model might be sitting at the bar with her novio, not her customer.

mh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:16 am 

Miamiheller wrote:
Don't assume every girl you see in a place like La Amistad is a hooker and hence fair game.

That pretty girl who looks like a model might be sitting at the bar with her novio, not her customer.

mh

In my case, my wife. Happened more than once.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:02 am 

Remember an incident at LA a few years ago. A non pro lady was at LA with her novio. A monger, who was drunk 24/7, assume she was a pro and made inappropriate and rude remakes to her novio. The woman threw a drink in the drunk's face and the boyfriend was about to kill the drunk. Luckily for the drunk the situation was defuse by the LA staff.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:39 pm 

Attila wrote:
Remember an incident at LA a few years ago. A non pro lady was at LA with her novio. A monger, who was drunk 24/7, assume she was a pro and made inappropriate and rude remakes to her novio. The woman threw a drink in the drunk's face and the boyfriend was about to kill the drunk. Luckily for the drunk the situation was defuse by the LA staff.

I have a feeling this incident at LA is the same incident (among others) that prompted my comment.

The lady in question - a petite and very pretty girl - was there to introduce me to her new gringo boyfriend. They were waiting for me to arrive and this drunk idiot who shall remain nameless started to ask the boyfriend "how much for the hooker" and other inappropriate comments.

mh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:59 pm 

Good gawd, I'd wouldn't make that kind of comment if I knew 100% for a fact she was a hooker.

Another reason not to get drunk gents. If you're generally nice it can turn you into an asshole. And if you're an asshole already getting drunk will turn you into super mega loud obnoxious asshole.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:42 pm 

Pops wrote:
1. You buy a girl a drink, leave the table for whatever reason and leave your drink on the table. She is unattended but it is obvious you are not finished. She is not fair game at this point.

While I agree with the point that Pops is trying to make, I would caution guys against leaving drinks and open bottles around while going to the bathroom. You may get slipped something that will best case knock you out for a few hours; worst case, kill you. This is especially true in Colombia with scopolamine being so prevelant, but CR has its share of evil bitches too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:50 pm 

hotdogg wrote:
Good gawd, I'd wouldn't make that kind of comment if I knew 100% for a fact she was a hooker.

Another reason not to get drunk gents. If you're generally nice it can turn you into an asshole. And if you're an asshole already getting drunk will turn you into super mega loud obnoxious asshole.

+1 to the Rule: Don't drink yourself into stupid!

For some of us, that is 1 drink!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:00 pm 

Pops wrote:

First thing, the phrase "No honor among thieves" comes to mind. Personally, I don't mind at all if guys break this one with me. I have returned to several tables where someone else is trying to score my mark. Sometimes they do. Good for me! She obviously was not THAT into my offer in the first place. That guy just did me a favor.

... But ... that's me. I would never do this to another guy. Though I DO remember an SL Thanksgiving Dinner where I HAD to ask Santa's Bro if, after he sessioned, if he'd get me her number. He quite brotherly stepped back, chuckled, said "she's right here, ask for it yerself!". He'll be my friend forever-after.

While we are in this section of the craft, how about adding a rule that is is not cool to see an old favorita working the game, and make the obnoxious butt-in to give her a big hug and let it generally be known to the client that you were 'in there' before him. Now, if she goes to you for a greeting, then that's fine. But don't butt-in on someone else's fantasy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:02 pm 

Rule #1 should be: Don't let BangBang show you his camera! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:08 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Rule #1 should be: Don't let BangBang show you his camera! :mrgreen:

+ 100 !!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:36 pm 

Hey, now wait just a minute!! I do not remember even having my camera with me in many months. Actually, except for one time which we will not discuss here (right BD?? :P ), probably a couple of years!! As for my phone, the only pics of working chicas are ones that guys have sent to me!!! Or BD, is it you get tired of me showing you pics of my paintings!!!! :roll: :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:40 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
While we are in this section of the craft, how about adding a rule that it is not cool to see an old favorita working the game, and make the obnoxious butt-in to give her a big hug and let it generally be known to the client that you were 'in there' before him. Now, if she goes to you for a greeting, then that's fine. But don't butt-in on someone else's fantasy.

Good one. And further.

15. If I know a girl from any pay environment and see her again in public, I do not bust her cover. She is working when she is with me. I understand that. I paid her for services rendered and for her to leave when we were done. This goes both ways.
So when I run into her at the supermarket or Mall, I don't even make eye contact UNLESS she does first.

* RENT but, "Don't Buy a Home in Costa Rica" until you have lived here for THREE years.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:25 pm 

Don't leave without letting your wingman know.

I actually care, which is kind of the point of being a good wingman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:47 pm 

All great comments. I would add: don't be a loud ass braggart and loudly boast about your "conquests", especially in the airport or on the airplane. Don't phuck it up for the rest of us.