www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Reasons
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:37 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Reason for edit(s): NONE

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16

Last edited by Steven1 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:36 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
...So I'm guessing you won't be trying for Federal/ Postal employment anytime soon?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:43 pm 
:D yo you clap clap ho ho ho :D :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:43 pm 

huh? Military discharge is a non factor for hiring. If anything, the number of REMF's in the postal service and federal "civil service" would stop me from going back.....yeah....them REMF's were like ARVN.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j097RQHxEFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJmMNn59KZY

....wasn't a house party........

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:32 am 

A Bad Conduct Discharge or worse bars you from Federal/ Postal employment. Period. Paragraph. And type of discharge has nothing to do with the job the military assigned you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:31 am 

JazzboCR wrote:
A Bad Conduct Discharge or worse bars you from Federal/ Postal employment. Period. Paragraph. And type of discharge has nothing to do with the job the military assigned you.

Oh, really? Ya know, I don't want to get in a pissing match with you....but splain how it is that I worked for the USPS from 1977-1980 as a ZMT operator, fully reporting my earned BCD prior to employ; and have held "professional" federal employ since then? :!: :roll:

#1: The BCD does not preclude in and of itself and:

#2: The explanation one provides is the ticket (but you do not get the pu*sy points for having "served" (i was drafted) ; nor do you get the addtl. pu*sy points for Purple Heart which is taken back....but it's still on the record!; same for any other "award"....they are "taken back", but they still bees on the record!!....)

http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/of0306.pdf check out question #7 and line #15

Focus on discharge type is only done by ninny operations. Who wants to be around that?

I guess maybe you kinda sorta had to be there in order to really understand it.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:54 pm 

I kinda like talking to myself......

I was going over some notes and was delighted when I found this by my good buddy, Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler (former Commandant, U.S. Marine Corps -- and one of only four Americans to ever win the Congressional Medal of Honor twice):

"War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

"I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

"I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

"There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

"It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty-three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

"I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

"I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In
China in 1927 I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

"During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three city districts. I operated on three continents." :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:07 pm 

It this a real post? An honest quote from a friend of yours? ? If so, very valuable insight whatever your 'leanings' politically. Reads like a 'Fred"column. Interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:06 pm 

Yes, El Viejo, it is a real post and a real statement from the Major General. However, the statement "my good friend" is simply a pattern of speech for me. Still, my grandfather befriended him while in China while Grandfather was, as I recall, in the Signal Corps; perhaps it was the Air Service.

If you care, you can get a better "thumb-nail sketch" here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

El Viejo wrote:
It this a real post? An honest quote from a friend of yours? ? If so, very valuable insight whatever your 'leanings' politically. Reads like a 'Fred"column. Interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:29 pm 

Further on a Marine all Marines are proud of: He went from Private to Commandant (don't any others that did that) and because of his popularity, was approached by various interests in the '30's to lead a coup d'etat in the US. He refused to entertain the idea and it died aborning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:08 pm 

Steven1 wrote:
I was going over some notes and was delighted when I found this by my good buddy, Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler (former Commandant, U.S. Marine Corps -- and one of only four Americans to ever win the Congressional Medal of Honor twice):

"War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

Steven, I was quite impressed by this Smedley fellow, and so went to Wickipedia to find out more about him. Turns out that 19 (not 4) Americans won the Medal of Honor twice. Still impressive.

And Jazzbo, Wickipedia (and the General's own discourse) do not show him as rising from the rank of private, but rather he was commissioned as a 2nd. Lt.

Smedley is an interesting character, to be sure. Despite his heroism, I guess this is why our founding fathers had the wisdom to make the commander in chief a civilian.

Ciaociao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:17 pm 

Ciaociao32001 wrote:
Steven, I was quite impressed by this Smedley fellow, and so went to Wickipedia to find out more about him. Turns out that 19 (not 4) Americans won the Medal of Honor twice. Still impressive.

Thanks for the correction. Have no clue why my notes say 4, but that is a SNAFU for me...

EDIT: PS: I found my error.....I think....it was due to the fact that the stuff I had pulled up from "family archives" was from a 1935 magazine article.....

Last edited by Steven1 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:39 am 

Also weighing in with an apology. It was Chesty Puller I was thinking of, the mistake being a noisy, smelly brain-fart, hangover induced--just don't tell Leroy Jethro Gibbs, OK?--he'll give me a head slap for sure.

For more on Gen. Butler's anti-US-capitalist jeremiad, see:
www.lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm
To say more would be to enter the Verboten realm of the political.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:25 pm 

now struggling with the most current set of reservations I have.....check the VIP calendar.....I arrive Feb. 2 and depart on Feb. 16....

It could very well be my last visit to CR for a good deal of time.....secret squirrel time takes me elsewhere....

what is the reason for going? The last time I was in San Jose I "enjoyed" a woman for ONE session.....over the course of 14 nights......that is correct.....ONE session: I just could not wrap my head OUTSIDE of the shallowness of it all....knowing the bird had been with thousands of other losers such as myself.....and fearing the capture of any disease.....

same fear gets in my way of GIVING head....let alone RECEIVING head.....fear inhibits the GFE.....Kiss? Joking, right? God.....herpes of the mouth....being it from kissing or DATY......all this barebacking going on....the procreation....blah, blah....blah.....

how to bust out of the "fear" zone.....I dunno......these are fuccking questions seeking reasons......conflicted.....enjoy getting there....don't really enjoy staying.....well....not for two weeks.....but hell's bells....I'm flying there so might as well stay for a few....days that is.....worry about the homestead and can it withstand me not being there to guard? But then.....it's -10F here....screw this......in and out of the house to get wood to keep the wood stove working.....and my, my, my.....that wood stove heat IS nice.....but a pain...dust everywhere and having to go out to get it.....yeah....I got the gas furnace at 95% burn rate....but I hate turning it on.....I hate utility rip offs.....but still.....when the wood stove ain't fed, it's a fuckin' 54f in the damn bedroom.....thank the good Lord for the electric mattress pad....ah....a God send.....

what to do....what are the reasons? Been there. Done that. Big deal about what Iquana Six posts about memories of kicking six guys ass.....hell.....I've blown up God knows how many from way back.....fascists live in the past......getting to the here and now....these are questions which lead to reasons.....and right now I ain't got no reasons.....I just got questions.....and that mucks with fuccking......however, on this impending trip, I am attempting to convince myself to fucck, fucck, fucck.....take photos (gross....but I guess I'll have them.....did I take photo's of that gook I stuck and worked it up to his neck....wait....didn't have no cheap ass digital camera....and I sure wasn't no REMF.....and I didn't capture to photograph through the scope that gook who thought he was "peacefully" gliding down the river.....or the ARVN who got it in the temple because he was pissin in his pants and not reporting....as in covering my back......ah....the simplicity of no digital camera....)......I dunno......maybe it will all come back into gear once I'm there....back "....in country...."....as in in Gringo Gulch, San Jose, Costa Rica.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:17 pm 

Oh...goody....an actual REASON and opportunity has presented itself thanks to good ole Phoenix Rising! It's a very simple process to muck around in the 12.2-12.7 GHz radio spectrum. Anybody who really knows me, knows I travel with HF and UHF gear for work....but that can always take a back seat. The origins of the project began for the purposes of taking out Arab satellite television "news" channel(s). The work crosses over nicely though. Here we go:

All one has to be able to do is generate a tunable, low-power, wideband noise (or video) signal between 1.52 and 1.59 GHz (1520 - 1590 MHz). From there, it's duck soup and the FUNNNNN can all be had for well under $200 with new parts. If you have your own junkyard of parts, it will cost damn near nothing.

Start with the output from something as stupid as an old timey VCR. Kick the signal over to the (RF) signal generator with an output frequency between approximately 1.5 and 1.6 GHz. Set the VCO to the sweet freq. (and be sure to divide that by 8....you'll see why here shortly)....: Plug all that to a x8 active frequency multiplier (HINT: http://townie1.homestead.com/files/p4.pdf); get a 12 GHz RF amplifier (evaluation board RF Micro Devices NBB-400 MMIC amplifier); plug it all into a simple cantenna; point, click, shoot and OHHHHHH!!!! SNAP!!!!

DISCLAIMER: This data is posted only for experimental purposes and it is not intended to be used in any manner not consistent with industry standards.

And if you want a schematic, PM me and I'll send ya the link.... :P :P :P

Oh...what the heck....I just threw it up: http://townie1.homestead.com/files/a.png

PS: This rig is REALLY easy to build and use. It's also very tiny (less footprint than a laptop) and, hence, is VERY mobile......

Our next lesson shall be in how to stop those pesky cell phones from buggin' ya when you want some peace and quiet....works great in very large rooms.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next