www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:55 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

:D Buenas dias companeros! :D

Great comments yesterday fellas: Jazz Musician's fishing-hole analogy, CiaoCiao32001's insightful remarks, Pres GR chiming in to address his flock...good stuff guys....

...and now I know why after 40 trips I still haven't met Witling or Jmacaula...you guys started the club before I even hit CR!!! :wink:

GetRhythm wrote:
...the opportunities to enjoy the friendships and comraderie developed both here through the board and on the ground (as experienced by many of us this past weekend) in some ways compensates. Enough I suppose, to keep me coming back for more now and then - though certainly with less frequency than before.

This brings me to this morning's meditation:

"If it wasn't for CostaRicaTicas.com, would there be a Costa Rica?"

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:40 am 

Location: Referred to the OIG by Mucho Gusto after mysterious fire at his gay night club.
Phoenix Rising wrote:

This brings me to this morning's meditation:

8)

Yes. I inadvertently picked CR because I could fly first class on a United Ticket that I had laying around. I knew nothing about the board or the women available in CR until after I had the ticket. Once I had it I started digging around the internets and found this site. Then I was like holy shit! Booked a room at the HDR and it was on. I spent 7 days drinking and banging in bliss. It was Heaven on Earth. The problem as Ciao pointed out is that when I started to compare CR to the other places I started to travel to and it has been more than Asia, I realized that I had out grown it.

The reality is that without CRT I would never have explored the other locations simply because every new place I go has been with guys I have met through CRT. The more places I travel the one consistent is that it is always with guys I met on CRT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:16 am 

Location: Stuck in Louisiana"dreaming bout Paisitas, Calenas & Costenas"
First of all I will say that I feel that GR's comments are spot on accurate! Personally I do not see much of a change of things in CR so logically I conclude that I have changed. Unlike GR and many other CRS
club members it only took 3 trips to CR for me to start to feel the urge to travel further. On those initial 3 trips my best and most memorable experiences were with Colombianas and thus presto my initial desire to mingle with Colombianas on their home turf was born.

For me everything changed after that initial trip to Medellin! It was more than just the chicas. It was the people as a whole and a marevelous city that had been reborn out of a horribly violent past. After many trips to Colombia and visiting and spending time in Bogota, Cali & Cartagena also it has been the Paisas of Medellin that have won me over. I fell in love and went through the entire K1 visa process and came close to getting married again but chickened out last moment. However I still look at the whole experience as a positive and do not regret a thing.

I have traveled to Mexico, CR, Panama, Germany also but only Colombia has really pulled on my heart so very hard. No, I have yet to visit Rio yet but I am sure that will be coming in the near future. I will be in CR at the end of March for a short weekend trip and I am certain I will have a good time. I try to take CR for what it is and I will always be grateful to CR for helping me to find Colombia.

Just my thoughts,
8) 8) 8)

Last edited by Rainman3 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

As I am one of the members of the CR don't suck for me club, Please allow me to share my thoughts with you. I began my mongering as an 18yo in the Navy sampling the young women of Thailand Phillipines ,Japan ,Taiwan and many other areas. While I have many wonderful memories and pictures from my adventures, I also remember the grueling flights over and back This at my point in life is a deal breaker for me. I do plan to enjoy the women of Mde and Rio this year after the glowing reports of your club members. CR has its problems and downsides but for a 4 hour flight I will overlook the problems and bang as many young sweet ticas as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:23 am 

Phoenix Rising wrote:

Absolutely!

I made 11 or 12 trips to CR (business/personal) before I found out about CRT or the endless pu$$y possibilities in SJO. And on those trips, I only mongered in some of the small, sleepy little towns in Guanacaste. But as I started to plant some seeds (no pun intended) in CR, I wanted to learn as much as possible about the country. While doing some research, I stumbled onto CRT. And it was all down-hill from there! :o

Everyone on the site was talking about San Jose and this area called the gringo gulch. They were throwing out all types of acronyms, i.e., HDR, BM, KL, SL, ZB, MP's, etc. Finally, I figured that I should check out this place to see if all the stories were pure bullshit or if they were true. And the rest is history.

IMO, Costa Rica doesn't suck. Yeah, yeah... maybe the "shine" has worn off a bit from when we were all "new" to the country. But for me, it's still a convenient, quick and reasonably priced destination for mongering. I'm sure that there's pro's and con's about mongering in every destination out there. Especially when you start to compare costs, schedules, cultures, quantity, quality, climate, security, language, lodging, food, local transportation....... and the list goes on and on.

I agree with another poster who said - I love ALL mongering destinations, even the ones I haven't been to!

BTW, good thread PR! :wink:

Pura Vida Bitches !!!!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:05 pm 

Since there was already a healthy scene (so I'm told) in CR long before CRT came along, I think the answer to this one is obvious. More pertinent perhaps is whether or not the role CRT has played in popularizing Costa Rica as a mongering destination has been overall a positive or negative thing.

Sure the exchange of information is a good thing and possibly results in better-informed mongers, but doesn't seem to have done much in terms of keeping the asking prices down - four years ago, $50 without the need for negotiation was common at the SL - now I defy anybody to find an SL girl who starts at anything under $80. Note the corresponding increases at HLH and Idem. And with the tip-hawking/upselling/refusal to do BBBJs now common, service levels seem to have taken a bit of a dive as well.

Would these trends be even more prevalent without the existence of CRT? IMHO, the jury's still out on that one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:10 pm 

I have not had much to add lately other than info on poker. I think the old saying ""Familiarity breeds contempt"" may be appropriate here. After living here fro three years I have many things I still like and some I do not. I feel similar to MG that the comraderie with the friends I have made is a special part of the experience. I also think that once many of us have spent as much time in Rio, Columbia etc as we have here we will begin to notice the bad sides too. Most of us are wanderers by nature, looking for new and exciting adventures. I think it is natural that we are all looking for the next best thing.

Also, I believe CR is still the best destination for the new guys as far as language, ease of access, information etc.

BKTUNA
I am never going home

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:20 pm 

Bktuna wrote:
I have not had much to add lately other than info on poker. I think the old saying ""Familiarity breeds contempt"" may be appropriate here. After living here fro three years I have many things I still like and some I do not. I feel similar to MG that the comraderie with the friends I have made is a special part of the experience. I also think that once many of us have spent as much time in Rio, Columbia etc as we have here we will begin to notice the bad sides too. Most of us are wanderers by nature, looking for new and exciting adventures. I think it is natural that we are all looking for the next best thing.

Also, I believe CR is still the best destination for the new guys as far as language, ease of access, information etc.

Well said amigo.. :)

........obviousy there would be a CR w/o CRT....objectively speaking... but would I, Phoenix Rising, have travelled to Costa Rica as many times as I have without CRT?

I came to CR alone armed solely with a 2 page outdated printout from WSG...Knew where the HDR and IDEM were located thats it. Five words of spanish in my vocabulary. Someone at the BM gave me the business card to ZB and somehow I found NF on my own... A life-altering experience. I felt so ALIVE. Went home and immediately booked my next trip for 8 days later!!! And during my brief stay in the USA I stumbled across CRT. I spent the next year just absorbing absorbing absorbing...I remember being enchanted with a DR gal...reading the warnings on the board, and having my heart drop to the floor after receiving my first RFM :oops: :lol: This was an intensive period of learning. I read and read and read. Didn't post much. Had little to offer except trip reports. And I always rolled as a loner, staying at the Prez, the Morazon and later the SL. At first I wasnt a big SL fan...not alot going on I thought. Then I met some old geezer sitting in the Blue Marlin who wouldnt shut up about his Colombiana wife blah blah blah...said he was CRT but didnt post much (BB57) :lol: He seemed to know (or at least thought he knew) :wink: a thing or two about mongering and I learned a tremendous amount from him over the next year. We became good friends. Soon I became curious to meet these big personalities I kept reading on the board in person, so I went to the CRT anniv party in 2006....What a motley crew!!! :P Is this REALLY ME? :?: :oops: :wink: :lol: :lol: I wondered.... and then like many of us I got sucked into the clubbiness of it all...met some new partner in crime on every trip, had great times with different crews, built memories, and then found myself on the CRT network on a daily basis....I started posting more...planning trips....part of the gang now...and actually became good friends with some of this motley crew...because there are some really genuinely great fellas here...and we all share the same DIRTY little secret... :P :P

If this process did not evolve the way it did, the CR shine would have likely worn off long ago.

Women come, women go...friends are forever... 8)

So yes without CRT there wouldn't be CR...to the extent that it has featured in my life, personally. And without CRT I probably would have not gone to MDE or Sosua...certainly would not have been PREPARED in any case to enjoy these venues properly. I may even have (GULP) resigned myself to acquiring a replacement for my wife :oops: :oops:
Thank GOD for CRT :lol: :lol: :lol:

PR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:26 am 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Brother PR--Zen koan asked; Zen koan answered...or is that Berkelian logic?--it's been so long now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:03 am 

Feb 27 2009....

Morning Meditation...

The "por rata" culture is...

A. A port in a storm

B. A hidey hole

C. The End of the Line

D. Nirvana

:?: :?: :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:56 pm 

Phoenix Rising wrote:
Feb 27 2009....

Morning Meditation...

The "por rata" culture is...

A. A port in a storm

B. A hidey hole

C. The End of the Line

D. Nirvana

:?: :?: :?: :?:

A bit too enigmatic for me this time bro - perhaps a little contextualization is in order?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:28 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Maybe "pro rata" or "por raton"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:36 pm 

Take a hard look down the road before you travel on
Tuna salad salad for the lunch meeting
CR is good
I am board and being a post put..............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:46 pm 

No. Costa Rica is better then the US/Canada. It is not "good"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 pm 

Morning meditation:

If CR SUCKS so much, then why, after being in the US for 5 days, does my mind start trolling through a mental calendar searching dates for a return? :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next