www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: High End Ticas
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:28 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I am coming to Costa Rica and for years spent time at the Hotel Del Rey with their huge number of Ticas to choose from. Now that they are closed, if I chose to find company on line or somewhere else what are the suggestions? Is there a service that offers top of the line? I am not worried about price just about quality and looks. I know the usual haunts like Sportsmen but where does the traveler find the best of the best?

Rob O

Post subject: Re: High End Ticas
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:01 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

You can try the Intercontinental in Escazu
Some high end ladies will only charge you $200 to sit with you at dinner, and then the rest is highly negotiable.
She may be a clerk for the Supreme Court judge, or the daughter of the Police Captain, but definitely model material.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:46 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Rico1040 wrote:
Some high end ladies will only charge you $200 to sit with you at dinner, and then the rest is highly negotiable.
She may be a clerk for the Supreme Court judge, or the daughter of the Police Captain, but definitely model material.

Does one need to dress a little better than the usual monger and does the hotel allow guests in rooms and cost?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:04 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

There was a trip report from a guy who stayed there and had a good time and I think no trouble with taking chicas to the room. It beleive 2 or 3 years ago

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:30 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Flip flops with white socks are not really presentable. The high end action does require some style, discretion and confidence. The high end hotels are not wasting time bothering their classy guests.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:43 pm 

Lawya52 wrote:
Rico1040 wrote:

Does one need to dress a little better than the usual monger and does the hotel allow guests in rooms and cost?

Assuming you mean the usual monger uni of Tshirt/Hawaiian/cargo shorts/flip flops... may I recommend instead jeans and a polo for daytime, shirt and slacks at night if you're going to Nau or Pimento for dinner?

Yes as long as you're registered for 2, are discreet, and she's not dressed like an obvious hooker. At least I've never had an issue.

mh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:13 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I usually go the other way. While at the Sportsman's I keep my Hawaiian Shirt unbuttoned at the collar while at the Intercontinental In Escazu, Sivatel in Bangkok or The Peninsula in Hong Kong; I tend to keep it unbuttoned all the way down to make people think I'm a spoiled millionaire who cares nothing for what peeps my think.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:31 pm 

From time to time someone always asks about "high end" hoz, or as Ross Perot might say "World class".

I'm guessing there may be a venue with such scarce commodities, charging USA prices so why bother coming here, but I'm generally pretty picky on looks, and I've discovered patience is a virtue, and in any of the current venues, SL, Taormina, Castillo, sooner or later I always see at least a couple I think are 8's 9's or 10's.

I see many on the websites that look fantastic, Skokka, Tinder, Wilas, and not just the airbrushed glamour pics, but regular pics of pretty girls taken with a cell phone.

Usually the mp's only have 5's to 7's, and sometimes worse, in my opinion, but on occasion a new fresh 8,9, or 10 starts working, but you gotta get in there and get your shot fast, they end up getting pounded 5 to 10x a day and build up a reserve of gringo regulars, then go independent because they can't take that much daily reaming and blowing for chicken feed for long, lol.

No need to chase elusive unrealistic fantasies, those deals are in big cities for the rich and super rich in the USA, but here, every diamond found was first in a coal mine... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:48 pm 

I get labeled a NEWBIE but of course that is a misnomer since this Halloween will be 5 years attending the festivities in SJ. My cuz and I start off in Jaco (Cocal) and fish out of Los Suenos. Personally we like rooms right at bar side and literally only have to open curtains to wave them in. We set a up a table and drink during the day and have saved $$$ but made drunken Chica friends during the day. I think my fondest memories will have been at Key largo. The back bar had some really cute bartenders and they had some good bands and I would dance until I met the right girl. No more of that now and I will miss the live tunes. I only ask about the higher end because you look at the Tica of the month and that would be a nice meet. But you are right if you remain steadfast the right girl will happen along. Normally stay at Balmoral but with DR closed we are staying at the Castillo and for an extra $10 bucks it is a no-brainer to go all inclusive. I figure we hang at Castillo and venture to Taormina and when we want some good burgers or chicken tenders it is over to Chubbs. I have gone to the SL a few times but never much of a selection and the bartenders are the hottest babes there. Wonder if that is worth pursuing. See you at Halloween. Hoping we can find a nice Halloween place since DR is closed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:13 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Winetaster wrote:
I usually go the other way. While at the Sportsman's I keep my Hawaiian Shirt unbuttoned at the collar while at the Intercontinental In Escazu, Sivatel in Bangkok or The Peninsula in Hong Kong; I tend to keep it unbuttoned all the way down to make people think I'm a spoiled millionaire who cares nothing for what peeps my think.

Ha! Like your style :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:57 pm 

Winetaster wrote:
I tend to keep it unbuttoned all the way down to make people think I'm a spoiled millionaire who cares nothing for what peeps my think.

Not to worry - they aren't thinking that at all! :mrgreen:

mh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:01 am 

[quote=" Normally stay at Balmoral but with DR closed we are staying at the Castillo and for an extra $10 bucks it is a no-brainer to go all inclusive. I figure we hang at Castillo and venture to Taormina and when we want some good burgers or chicken tenders it is over to Chubbs..[/quote]

Just an opinion but I like the burgers at the Castillo much better than those at the Taormina. Anf they are free :-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:07 am 

I will try them at Castillo. My favorite is the Chubbs burger.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:59 am 

RockinRob1 wrote:
I will try them at Castillo. My favorite is the Chubbs burger.

Sorry, I misread your comment. Chubbs burgers are good, though were a bit greasy for me. I did prefer the Castillo's burger.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:41 pm 

Another thumbs up for Chubbs. Good lunches.