www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:38 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

For those discerning gentlemen who seek out Quality if Life and money is not an impediment, you have to try the following restaurant in Escazu:

https://www.pescatorecr.com/

First, the wine list was off the charts. And I appreciated the waiter bringing me the three most expensive bottles to choose from when i asked for the best Chilean wine: $800, $650, $550. We settled on a very nice $70 bottle (estoy loco, no tonto) and indeed it was drinking very well.

My sweet Nica and I, yes I love to spoil my favorites when I can, started out with a Ceviche Sampler for two. It was off the charts delicious. We finished by sharing the seafood Sampler with a decent size lobster tail. I was very impressed by the service, the presentation, the taste, and wine selection. My Nica was slightly under dressed in jeans and regular shirt. Bring your Chica in heels to this place. And men, business casual is fine. No shorts.

I paid $148 including tip for a fabulous meal that would of easily costs me $400 or more, in my home town of Palo Alto. (the US Dollar is strong in Costa Rica)

I am taking my wingman, who is flying in tonight, for lunch on Thursday. He is into wine and good foods too and he will love this place.

Pura Vida

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:00 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

One of my favorites is Restaurante Machu Picchu in Paseo Colon. Probably not even close with the wine selection.. but probably the best ceviche/mariscos available in San Jose and really good margaritas. And.. Pension Oasis is directly across the street.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:48 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

In San Pedro (50 meters west of the mall) try Na Praia Seafood snd Raw Bar. Upscale atmosphere decent pricing. My favorite is the squid ink pasta with octopus, jumbo shrimp, New Zealand mussels, and clams. c13,800 ($23).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:45 am 

One thing for sure is that you can get great seafood here at a fraction of the cost than the states. Another is Balcon del Marisco in Curridabat. Biggest shrimp I have seen here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:40 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Thanks for Info Californiamann might try this place out :)
Whitecat- El Balcon Del Marisco is fantastic, I have had Dinner there my last 4 trips and they have some of the best Ceviche I ever tatsted and that Fruit punch they serve is outstanding as well, never tried the shrimp but I will try next trip.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:09 pm 

Do it! And of course we must include Princessa Marina. A number of locations. I like the one in Sabana by the stadium the best. Very professional uniformed waiters, fresh food. All locals. I once asked a mesero where the lobster comes from since many places still import them. He told me from Cahuita and Punta Uva on the Carribean side. A must do if you like seafood.