www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:53 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Miamiheller wrote:
how great KobME is. :)

Didn't the title of a great song get changed just for him? "I Will Always Love ME". Just sayin'...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:35 pm 

After being in Buenos Aires multiple times, I can say this place does nothing for me. Better off with a Casado at SL. One response on this thread said "I've only had 2 bad steaks here."………….. Isn't that 2 too many? My last one there was a cheap cut of meat. I left 30% chewed and spit out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:08 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Hbosbru wrote:
SC1- why do you always jump down someone's throat if their opinion is different from yours? This is your tendency all over the site if someone disagrees with you. If he thinks it is the best steak house than it is. His opinion when dining out is the only one that matters.

It's the first thing I noticed when I started posting.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:11 am 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Hbosbru wrote:
SC1- why do you always jump down someone's throat if their opinion is different from yours? This is your tendency all over the site if someone disagrees with you. If he thinks it is the best steak house than it is. His opinion when dining out is the only one that matters.

A mildly-expressed difference of opinion is not nearly the same as "jumping down somebody's throat". You'll note Bro Scuba1 also gave a rational alternative. If you think all this is too rough, I'd estimate you've been in the real online world about 15 minutes (outside protected enclaves, that is). Bro Scuba1 has not just a right but a duty to express his honest opinion--he's not saying anyone who enjoyed the place is wrong, just giving an alternative POV to someone looking for advice. You perhaps reside here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkLq8qKpk6g
NOTE: Bro Scuba1 didn't ask for and indeed doesn't need my defense--he gets it anyway gratis.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:28 am 

And you get my thanks for doing so :)

PS I've posted about the purpose and function of a message board almost as much as the misuse of a certain word/term :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some guys don't belong on a board b/c they don't realize that any post made becomes fair game for others to comment on/about; that's the purpose of a message board
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I'm called out by 2 guys on a thread that I said nothing wrong, offered reasons for why I posted as I did, and was not in any way - by any definition - nasty :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:20 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Puravidatransport wrote:
Ate at La Esquina de Buenos Aires last night and was very impressed. I had the lasagna which was EXCELLENT. Two friends that went with me also really enjoyed their meals with one having the tenderloin in some kind of red sauce while the other had some type of grilled chicken breast. The place had a HUGE wine list, great ambiance and excellent service. Prices were on the high side but commiserate with what you get. The (sorta free) bread and butter were also very good. The appetizers we had (calamari and thinly sliced beef) were also excellent.

The place is located a block and a half north of Relax and they do have a website at http://www.laesquinadebuenosaires.com/ . Reservations are recommended but not compulsory.
This is my favorite restaurant in San Jose. I go here everytime I visit Costa Rica. A MUST VISIT! #greatfood

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:48 am 

Last edited by Boynton on Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:36 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I agree and like iot too.

Two things however:

- Be sure to reserve on weekends. the place is very popular and getting more so.

- Don't sit near the windows on Ave. 4. The beggars will come tapping on the glass as you eat. It's not the best neighborhood.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:47 am 

Another sleeper is Aqui Es in Sabana, Argentine flavor, music on some nights, lesser known. I like it better than Esquina. Little known fact........there is an unmarked pension right next door. Look them up on Facebook.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:26 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I love la Esquina. I always get over-served on the wine, usually pay for two glasses but have well over that. I sit at the bar and meet interesting people. Great atmosphere. Recommend the mollejas (sweetbreads).

I also like Aquí Es! They have nice ambience, it’s more like a family place, and the food is good.

In Rohrmoser, check out Tierra Sur on the bulevar. Family owned, can sit on the patio and enjoy a nice glass of wine and a steak.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:07 am 

Sounds like a good recommendation, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:09 am 

Also tried Tierra Gaucha on Paseo Colon, near Sabana Park. Not too bad, but expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:39 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I also add my recommendation for La Esquina. I sit at the bar (assuming I can find a seat) and get a few empanadas and a Manhattan (good mix, I know). The empanadas are delicious and a fantastic deal.

Also, you can walk there from the Del Rey quickly and safely.