Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Crown
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:03 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Irish Drifter wrote:
Bobshere wrote:
Thanks for the information on the beer prices. Would anyone know the price of a crown and water? :lol: Also does CR have a local whiskey? In Thailand I tried San Som(sp) and it was not that bad. Crown or VO is my favorite though.
Thanks
Bobshere 8)

Local CR firewater is Cacique guaro. If you were raised on moonshine you will right at home drinking it. :lol: :lol:

+1

If I was told correctly, this is a local drink that each bar has it's own receipe. Greenish in color, best I remember, and some where between a kamakazie and 90 octane car fuel........*shivers, having flashback*

Post subject: Re: Crown
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:08 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Tootall4all wrote:
Irish Drifter wrote:
Bobshere wrote:
Thanks for the information on the beer prices. Would anyone know the price of a crown and water? :lol: Also does CR have a local whiskey? In Thailand I tried San Som(sp) and it was not that bad. Crown or VO is my favorite though.
Thanks
Bobshere 8)

Local CR firewater is Cacique guaro. If you were raised on moonshine you will right at home drinking it. :lol: :lol:

+1

If I was told correctly, this is a local drink that each bar has it's own receipe. Greenish in color, best I remember, and some where between a kamakazie and 90 octane car fuel........*shivers, having flashback*

Somebody having a flashback for sure. Not sure where the green came from. But guaro it is...and common in several countries down there...especially Colombia and Costa Rica. Sort of the national drink in CR and the Cacique brand I think was one of the first. Try a chili-guaro if you're man enough.