www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:29 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Restaurant Thomy’s Paprika is unlike any other restaurant in Costa Rica. Its in San Pedro no more than 10 minutes outside the Gulch. I ate there last april and I happen to make right choice on something I will fill you in on shortly.

Guests at this small and intimate restaurant will enjoy an extraordinary and memorable night of fine dining and service. No menu awaits guests at the small restaurant. The menu is whatever Owner and Chef Thomas Mueller feels inspired to cook that day. Sometimes there are theme nights, such as Malaysian or Spanish cuisine.

Guests can choose from among the choice of daily dishes, or order anything they feel like eating. When I was there recently we had the place to ourselves It is actually I belive Thom's House. A large dining room adjourns the kitchen and Thomas comes out to meet you. He usually will just tell you what is on the menu and its one set price. about $40.00 US, that includes 4 courses desert and coffee.

He will start you with an appetizer or soup, followed by a salad, a small pasta intermezzo, with a entree to boot. Everything was perfect on our last trip until the entree. He indicated he had some wild game which he did not elaborate on. I one of 12 diners all 11 went with his suggestion, while I had CHICKEN instead. Let me just say 11 more chicken dishes were eventually prepared as the "WILD GAME" didn't sit to well with anyone.

This is a nice place for a large group where you basically have the entire place to yourself. For a couple or small group I would not reccomend.

NO CREDIT CARDS and reservations are a must. You will also need exact directions as many a taxi driver does not know where it is at.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:46 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

We've eaten at TP's twice and have enjoyed it each time. We had Thanksgiving dinner and he did some Turkey & dressing with about five other courses. The other visit we left it up to him to choose our meal for us. A great place to take a special guest.

You're most correct about it being hard to find, we found out it was easiest to get the same taxi to pick you up that dropped you off. We waited about half an hour one night because the driver we called BSed us about knowing where we were at.

Shamas