www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:13 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

El Balcon Europa review:
I’m terrible at street addresses, so if you walk straight down the block from the Del Rey towards Avenida Central its halfway down the block on the left.
Closed Saturday (What is that all about)
Visa / MasterCard Preferred

Small Italian style restaurant in the heart of the gulch. About 10 -12 tables own and operated by an Italian family that has been in there for many years. Again, my wife hates this place, I have come to believe it is just the fact I go down there without her, and I am so close to the action.

Menu is filled with pasta selections with a few fish dishes, steak and chicken. As many times as I have eaten there, they have never changed the specials, which are listed on the blackboard on the way in.

All entrees come with complimentary cheese platter with rolls. Everything is ala carte, but prices are so cheap, it is no big deal. Wine list is horrible, and much overpriced.

Entrees range from fair to fair. Nothing really sticks out in my mind except one dish. He makes the fettuccini home made on a daily basis so whatever pasta you order; make sure to choose the fettuccini as the pasta of choice. Have had everything in the place ranging from the chicken with the mushrooms to the pasta with the Fra Diablo sauce, which in my opinion is the best think on the menu, especially if you ask him for it very hot.

Deserts are fare, but service is nice and smooth and the people are very nice. You could do a lot worse down there, but this place is hit or miss. It is fair, cheap and close so if all else fails give it a twirl.