www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2022 Cheap eats near SL?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:51 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

The world is so much more different than it was after the pandemic swept the globe. So I feel like old recommendations may not be relevant anymore. Especially where I am from, many establishments have closed down but you know that saying out with the old and in with the new. Some old favorites have closed but new places have opened and I'd like to hear where some of you are enjoying some delicious meals. Whether it's a hole in a wall or some ritzy upscale restaurant.

Where are some cheap or good places around Sportsman? I'll be around from Aug 17-22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Restaurants I like somewhat near the SL. A couple of my old favorites have shut down, Soda Peru and Chelles.

Cafe Mundo - haven't been there post Covid but always had pretty good Italian at a reasonable price. Decent wine selection.

Selina - an upscale hostel around the corner from the SL. Pretty good appetizers and sandwiches. Not too expensive. Very good burger though they like to serve it almost rare. I ask for medium well and they comply.
Fish and chips is small but good. Craft beers on tap.

Bar Poas - Pretty reasonable appetizers and daily meal specials. Across the street from the Hotel Santo Tomas.

Chubbs - on the walk to the DR. Good sandwiches. Good beer selection. Decent prices.

Taormina - Sports bar has decent appetizers and sandwiches. Attached Italian restaurant was good pre-Covid but recent reports indicate the quality has gone down.

Del Mar - across from the Del Rey. Good food though a bit pricey. The preCovid Sunday brunch was awesome. Don't know if they still do it.

Hamburger Factory - Down the road from the Hotel Presidente. Reasonably priced and decent, fast food burger.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:15 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

RostiPollos on Calle 5
at Ave Central.
(1.5 blocks from Parque Morazan
Various roasted chicken meals.
A popular local chain of restaurants.