www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:27 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

3 CR vets headed to CR in late April/early May. We will have a rental car.

Plan = 2 nights in San Jose (Taormina), 2-3 nights in Tamarindo (?), 4 nights in Jaco (Vista Mar).

I know everyone says Tamarindo has very little action, but we are trying to break up the trip a bit from the regular 8-9 nights of sport-fucking at the regular venues. Anyone have any recent and relevant info on Tamarindo? Online info is very sparse and outdated. Like, where to stay that's nice AND Tica-friendly? What to do in Tamarindo during the day? And where the best bet is on some limited action in Tamarindo (in case we go through withdrawals)?

We are open to another destination to replace Tamarindo but can't think of any. We have all been to La Fortuna and that was nice (but no action). Puntarenas? Or...?

Any advice appreciated! And if anyone is interested in joining our group, the more the merrier! We have another 4 guys who are interested so far.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:36 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I’ll be in CR from the 2-6. Staying at Taurmina for 1 night before heading to Jaco. We might see you at the Cocal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:17 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Have you tried Manuel Antonio? Its south of Jaco about an hour and a gorgeous area. Quepos is on the way and has a lot of places to eat etc. but very little in the way of girl action that I ever saw. One of my favorite places to visit in CR. Also Tambor is something different and you can drive a car onto a ferry to that island.