www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sportsmens Lodge August
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:14 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Taking my first trip to CR in just a few weeks. Aug 17th - 20th.
Not as long trip, but I plan to make the best of it.

Once my plan fully forms I will post and would appreciate any feedback. My goal is to find quality and quantity. 2-3/day.

Let me know if anyone will be around through those dates.

TIA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:51 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Ah the first trip experience. Throw your plans out the window and enjoy!

If you have any specific questions you can’t find answers to here, feel free to PM me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:07 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

ha you can find 10-20 a day. Or keep going till it falls off. Get down to the cocal in Jaco as well if you have time, its a must see oceanfront 5 star paradise for guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:20 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Do not go to Jaco on a 3 day trip that’s bad advice, and for a 1st timer I recommend just staying in SJ and your choice with staying at the Sportsmens is a smart move plenty of like minded guys there.

I’ve mentioned this before the Cocal is something for all to visit at least once but it’s far from a 5 star :lol: , I found it more comparable to a Days inn here in the states.

Last edited by TF74 on Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:24 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Chris12 wrote:
Taking my first trip to CR in just a few weeks. Aug 17th - 20th.
Not as long trip, but I plan to make the best of it.

Once my plan fully forms I will post and would appreciate any feedback. My goal is to find quality and quantity. 2-3/day.

Let me know if anyone will be around through those dates.

TIA

Three days? Go to Monica's and Oasis during the day, they both open at 9 a.m. Uber to and back from both, Monica's is in a dawg part of town, relatively safe in the daytime, but the thugs can sense a new inexperienced guy, so just Uber there and back, unless you go walking with a couple guys you met at Sportsmen's and at least one knows the trip.

Oasis is behind KFC off Paseo Colon, a short Uber ride from downtown, it doesn't have a sign like Monica's but it's on the left side behind KFC directly across from Machu Picchu, go there and pound a ho on an empty stomach, then when finished, and having built up an appetite, walk across the street to Machu Picchu, a great restaurant, then Uber home.

There's bar hoz at Sportsmen's, some told me they go there in the mornings, but I'm told there's at least small scatterings, at SL, Castillo and Taormina in the afternoons, Taormina gets going after 6 pm, by 8 to 9 pm it's already busy, there's your night spot.

Always take Uber and Taxi's at night.
Don't get drunk with a ho and pass out.
Keep your valuables in the safe or a locked suitcase with a real lock the airport won't allow, any experienced ho can open the airport approved tiny locks with a bobby pin in 2 minutes.

Don't imagine you just "fell in love", don't give a ho money for free, services and Uber and meals and drinks only...

Don't believe any sad story or emergency they tell you...

Generally avoid young ones, 18, 19, if you insist, triple check their I.D., mid and late 20's hoz have experience and usually are more willing to please.

I would agree if you're coming for three days stay in San Jose, but if you come another time a week or more, consider Jaco, I personally think it's a shit hole in hell and most hoz there charging $150 and up are back to San Jose and available for $80 and up Monday after the weekend.

I'm from Florida used to clean safe beaches, the beaches there are rat infested trash dumps, Costa Rica has numerous beautiful beaches both sides if you specifically want to go to a beach, for beach purposes, don't go to that one.

It's a dangerous place filled with crime and muggings and thugs and drugs, not advised to walk around off hotel grounds even in the daytime if you're new and inexperienced, but come down and stay at the hotel and meet hoz nightly one time for the experience another time if you're taking a longer trip.

Don't talk to people who approach you on the street.

Follow this advice and you'll have fun and stay out of trouble, remember you're in a foreign country, not a phucking and sucking Disneyland, respect the laws and comport yourself in public...

Lay Low...

That's all I got... :?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:15 am 

BTW, the Cocal is 104 km from the Spurtsmens Splooge.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:30 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
And why go from one hot hell box in most of the U.S. :twisted: this time of year to hot humid Jaco when can have fresh cool air in San Jose elevation?

Not that Jaco is all that bad compared to hot hell boxes TX, AZ etc. but still more humid and hotter than San Jose.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:48 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I should be there those dates. Hit me up and I will show you the ropes and share my favorites with you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:48 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

grimeswilliam wrote:
I should be there those dates. Hit me up and I will show you the ropes and share my favorites with you.

I will do that!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:49 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for all the advice, looking forward to the trip!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:21 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I've been going to Jaco for the last 7 years and have no issues walking in town during the day and for dinner. You just have to pay attention just like you would in any urban city in the states. Amancio's is a pretty good Italian restaurant. Public House has decent burgers plus A/C is a short stroll from the CoCal.