www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 7:08 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

:roll:

Last edited by DManWalking on Thu May 18, 2023 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 7:18 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I stay in an Airbnb and have never had any issues just be low key and discreet. In other words everyone has and will have a different experience in AirBnb’s, don’t let one Monger’s Bitter experience and POV deter you from trying to have guests over.

Some advice from my own personal experiences :

Get to know the Tico security introduce yourself and every time you walk bye make a point to stop and say hello. Offer a bottle of water on a hot day or some small snack size snickers or candy at times.

Keep it to 1 girl a day preferably at night once the sun goes down less likely to draw attention from the nosy local residents this way and always tell her to dress down, jeans or shorts even leggings is good, just absolutely no high heels or short skirts, I even have them send me a photo now upon arrival.

Already been mentioned but Visiting Pensions in the morning Oasis and Monica's are the 2 most popular, this will help cut down on your traffic at the Airbnb, the girls usually rotate each day and it’s great way to start any day $42 for a hour plus a tip … the girls get half that $42 fee so they do appreciate any Tip … don’t be like CheapCat !

Many guys on this board use Airbnb’s and with no issues, but getting that Airbnb location and the host name seems to be as sacred as getting their Favorite Novias phone# :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:39 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

TF74 wrote:
I stay in an Airbnb and have never had any issues just be low key and discreet. In other words everyone has and will have a different experience in AirBnb’s, don’t let one Monger’s Bitter experience and POV deter you from trying to have guests over.

Get to know the Tico security introduce yourself and every time you walk bye make a point to stop and say hello. Offer a bottle of water on a hot day or some small snack size snickers or candy at times.

Keep it to 1 girl a day preferably at night once the sun goes down less likely to draw attention from the nosy local residents this way and always tell her to dress down, jeans or shorts even leggings is good, just absolutely no high heels or short skirts, I even have them send me a photo now upon arrival.

Already been mentioned but Visiting Pensions in the morning Oasis and Monica's are the 2 most popular, this will help cut down on your traffic at the Airbnb, the girls usually rotate each day and it’s great way to start any day $42 for a hour plus a tip … the girls get half that $42 fee so they do appreciate any Tip … don’t be like CheapCat !

Many guys on this board use Airbnb’s and with no issues, but getting that Airbnb location and the host name seems to be as sacred as getting their Favorite Novias phone# :mrgreen:

Depends on the type of Airbnb, and certainly on the rules the owner sets. I've stayed in many in San Jose, and the condo type ones I've stayed in won't let a guest in the door through security. Any guest, male or female, young or old - if those are the rules they have. If they don't have anything about guests in the rules then your approach is good I think...keep it low key, don't offend the neighbors, and if there is building security treat them well.

Just a heads up on a major one, the URBN Escalante, it has owner rules and condo rules as well. There are many different Airbnbs in this building and it is a new building, and reasonable price. But I had a girlfriend pre registered as a co-guest with me, they had her id etc. before I arrived, and it was accepted in my booking by the owner/host - but she had to show her ID every time, and for a while they had to contact the owner each time she came in, until finally he gave them some sort of letter saying that she was allowed in. I've stayed in it in three different units and had similar experience in each - each with different owners and hosts.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 6:48 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

TF74 wrote:

Thanks for this great piece of advice. I truly appreciate it. Of course I don't plan on being a cheapskate lol. What is a reasonable tip that gringos give at the Pensions?