www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 9:36 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey folks, I will be in San Jose from May 15th until June 15th. I will be staying in an Airbnb as I will be working during the day. I will be booking a room at the SL or Taormina for a few days during my stay and was hoping if anyone can be a wingman. I would really appreciate that. I am also open to joining you guys on other activities. Let me know. Many thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 1:51 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Artvand1 wrote:
Hey folks, I will be in San Jose from May 15th until June 15th. I will be staying in an Airbnb as I will be working during the day. I will be booking a room at the SL or Taormina for a few days during my stay and was hoping if anyone can be a wingman. I would really appreciate that. I am also open to joining you guys on other activities. Let me know. Many thanks!

Wow, 1 month means u have all the time to become a pro.
If Airbnb host allows , then you don't need a hotel if you can manage.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 10:57 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

There are good reasons for a newbie to book a room at a chica friendly hotel even if also staying in an AirBNB.

1. Easier access to working girls.
2. Better security with no worries about guest rules.
3. Fewer worries about the security of luggage, tech, cash, etc since the girls are not in your primary location.
4. Party atmosphere right outside your door, no worries about disturbing the neighbors.
5. Hobby-friendly hotel staff & fellow mongers. (especially a SL)

These reasons are even amplified for month long trips that mix party, vacation and work.

Last edited by Boynton on Thu May 04, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 2:28 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Sure hit me up around May 31. I will be around SL.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 4:05 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

hunkyfunky wrote:

LOL I hope I can be a pro, but will be working during the day. I did not realize I need to check with the host since I am renting the whole apartment. Newbie mistake. I will try and ask politely. If the host doesn't allow, I don't mind booking a rom in a hotel.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 4:11 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Boynton wrote:
There are good reasons for a newbie to book a room at a chica friendly hotel even if also staying in an AirBNB.

1. Easier access to working girls.
2. Better security with no worries about guest rules.
3. Fewer worries about the security of luggage, tech, cash, etc since the girls are not in your primary location.
4. Party atmosphere right outside your door, no worries about disturbing the neighbors.
5. Hobby-friendly hotel staff & fellow mongers. (especially a SL)

These reasons are even amplified for month long trips that mix party, vacation and work.

Ah, makes perfect sense as a newbie to book a room at a chica friendly hotel. Thanks so much for the input. Really appreciate it. Having to not worry about tech and cash would make mongering even more enjoyable haha.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 4:12 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Ripctt wrote:
Sure hit me up around May 31. I will be around SL.

Great, thanks for replying. Will PM you around then.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:32 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I'll be in Taormino from 9-11th June. I'm 28 and also a Newbie to CR but can speak small talk level Spanish. Happy to have a wingman if you are down.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:52 am 

Be aware that the San Jose marathon occurs the weekend of May 20 & 21. They are expecting around 4500 runners from 30 countries. There will be road closures a plenty with lots of traffic and crowd issues.

https://www.crhoy.com/deportes/mas-de-4 ... -san-jose/

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 6:11 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Right during the middle of my stay. Goddammit.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:49 am 

Artvand1 wrote:
hunkyfunky wrote:

LOL I hope I can be a pro, but will be working during the day. I did not realize I need to check with the host since I am renting the whole apartment. Newbie mistake. I will try and ask politely. If the host doesn't allow, I don't mind booking a rom in a hotel.

The "house rules" section on the Airbnb listing will often mention the guest policy, and sometimes in another section about safety or something like that. But checking with the host is the best way to be sure about the guest policy for the unit you are renting. I've stayed at a number of Airbnb's in San Jose and all of the ones I stayed at had restrictions on guests. I had a girlfriend that I registered with me when I made my original booking, and even then I had a lot of hassles.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:24 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Zeos wrote:
Artvand1 wrote:
hunkyfunky wrote:

The "house rules" section on the Airbnb listing will often mention the guest policy, and sometimes in another section about safety or something like that. But checking with the host is the best way to be sure about the guest policy for the unit you are renting. I've stayed at a number of Airbnb's in San Jose and all of the ones I stayed at had restrictions on guests. I had a girlfriend that I registered with me when I made my original booking, and even then I had a lot of hassles.

Wow, that really sucks actually. How are we supposed to bring in dates then, god damn it lol. Any other option like actually renting an apartment on our own? Appreciate any input.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:37 pm 

Artvand1 wrote:
Zeos wrote:
Artvand1 wrote:

Wow, that really sucks actually. How are we supposed to bring in dates then, god damn it lol. Any other option like actually renting an apartment on our own? Appreciate any input.

Use a short term hotel, there are many around. Two local chains are Fantasy Rooms an Hotel Solo Bueno. There are also single sites like La Oficina to Hotel Asia. Quality varies from flop house to resort. Prices from c8mil to c20mil for 4 to 12 hours.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 9:10 pm 

Depauw2004 wrote:

Go to Monica's or Oasis early, they both open at 9 am, get the poontang out of the way, then find an outdoor place to have lunch and watch all the runners... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:52 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Netgems wrote:
Depauw2004 wrote:

Go to Monica's or Oasis early, they both open at 9 am, get the poontang out of the way, then find an outdoor place to have lunch and watch all the runners... :mrgreen:

Haha, great piece of advice, this!