www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:51 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Before that 3 days at Panama City , but with friends. Both are first time trips for me.

Planning day trip to Monica or other place and spending evening at SL or Taorminia. i am also up for zipline or other day trip. I don't think I can keep the routine of time with chicas for straight one week :-)

castillo has all inclusive, but I am ready to try to good restaurants nearby.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:31 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

hunkyfunky wrote:
but I am ready to try to good restaurants nearby.

Hunky,

Good restaurant ?? …. You can’t go wrong with La Esquina de Buenos Aires. Maybe 10 minutes by Uber from Castillo. Make sure to make a reservation even for lunch to make sure you can get a table. WhatsApp at: +506 8457 1002 with name, date and time and number of folks. They normally confirm very quickly. Been going there for 15+ years and have never been disappointed.

I’ll add a few more if you are interested.

Buen provecho ….

Woozo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:18 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Woozo wrote:
hunkyfunky wrote:

Hunky,

Good restaurant ?? …. You can’t go wrong with La Esquina de Buenos Aires. Maybe 10 minutes by Uber from Castillo. Make sure to make a reservation even for lunch to make sure you can get a table. WhatsApp at: +506 8457 1002 with name, date and time and number of folks. They normally confirm very quickly. Been going there for 15+ years and have never been disappointed.

Buen provecho ….

Woozo

Thanks! Great reviews.. added to my list.
Please add more, I'll see how many I can cram in. I am also food blogger, so i appreciate local favorites.

I want to add one adventure day trip or hiking if possible.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:38 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

hunkyfunky wrote:
Woozo wrote:
hunkyfunky wrote:

Hunky,

Buen provecho ….

Woozo

Thanks! Great reviews.. added to my list.
Please add more, I'll see how many I can cram in. I am also food blogger, so i appreciate local favorites.

I want to add one adventure day trip or hiking if possible.

Hunky,

Here are a few of my favorites that are also reasonably close to the Castillo and Barrio Amon in general.

1. One of my new favorites is Tenedor Argentino – as the name implies it is an Argentinian beef place and it is excellent. It is across from the National Theater and is walkable (if one is a walker). Normally no reservation is needed. It can be a bit hard to find so look for the signage on the second floor. It is a 2 floor place and I recommend the second floor near the street for the view of the national theater.

2. Limoncello – Italian place near Cine Magaly (not too far from Mall San Pedro) so Uber is probably the best way to get there. Closed on Mondays but they have great Italian food.

3. Another Italian place is Il Padrino. There are actually 3 of them in the San Jose area (Pavas, San Pedro and Rohrmoser). It’s really a toss-up as to which is closest to the Amon area (considering traffic) but I have been to Pavas and San Pedro and can highly recommend both of them. Pavas and Rohrmoser are very close to one another and San Pedro is in the entirely opposite direction. Netgems highly recommends the steak here but I have never tried it – I usually stick to the more traditional Italian menu. By the way, they have a very extensive menu.

4. Machu Picchu – off of Paseo Colon a few blocks behind KFC. Very good Peruvian food and an added plus is that is directly across the street from Oasis pension (highly recommended by many on CRT).

5. Another Italian place but a bit far from the Amon area is L’Olivo. It is in Sabana Norte so an Uber would be recommended. Very good Italian food and a small place with great service. Due to the size, a reservation might be in order. Closed Sundays.

6. Finally, Aqui Es (Argentinian place) with excellent steaks. I love the ambiance here and it is much like La Esquina de BA in that regard but a bit smaller. Excellent service. Closed Sunday. They don’t open until noon. It is about the same distance from Amon as Machu Picchu and in generally the same area so an Uber is recommended.

Hope this helps. There are tons of excellent restaurants in the central valley but these are some of the ones I like near Amon. Others may disagree with my recommendations – there are many opinions when discussing women and food.

Buen provecho ….

Woozo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:48 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Thanks Woozo. Great list.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 9:29 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey hunkyfunky, I will be in San Jose from May 15th until June 15th. Staying in an Airbnb but planning to book a room at the hotel if I find a nice chica. If you have time for being a wingman, I would appreciate it. I understand if not :). Will be working in the say unfortunately so anytime after 5 would be great. Let me know if interested to meet. I would like to join you for ziplining too.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 1:54 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Artvand1 wrote:
Hey hunkyfunky, I will be in San Jose from May 15th until June 15th. Staying in an Airbnb but planning to book a room at the hotel if I find a nice chica. If you have time for being a wingman, I would appreciate it. I understand if not :). Will be working in the say unfortunately so anytime after 5 would be great. Let me know if interested to meet. I would like to join you for ziplining too.

I'm also a newbie ! Sure - check your pm.
I'm there just for 3 days , that too weekdays so let's see what we can do for Zipline