www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:34 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Staying again at Sportsman's in my favourite room, El Rey because I love having a chica on the sun deck. Hopefully I can finally meet Boynton for lunche this time. I find his posts enlightning and humourous and approaching legendary status. Previous visits mi novia always got in the way. Alright everyone, Boynton included; flame me now but I have broken Rule # 3, Don't fall in love, but this novia has a hold on me something fierce, though I will be seeing 4 or 5 others on this 4 day trip, there is 1 that is special. But I really want to meet Mr. B this time. I am easy to find, every morning up early photographing birds from the back window. Birds and Chicas are my hobbies. Pura Vida!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:04 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Winetaster wrote:
Staying again at Sportsman's in my favourite room, El Rey because I love having a chica on the sun deck. Hopefully I can finally meet Boynton for lunche this time. I find his posts enlightning and humourous and approaching legendary status. Previous visits mi novia always got in the way. Alright everyone, Boynton included; flame me now but I have broken Rule # 3, Don't fall in love, but this novia has a hold on me something fierce, though I will be seeing 4 or 5 others on this 4 day trip, there is 1 that is special. But I really want to meet Mr. B this time. I am easy to find, every morning up early photographing birds from the back window. Birds and Chicas are my hobbies. Pura Vida!

Is that room that good? do you have photos? I am offered this room when I asked for something with a balcony. I have this option vs Castillo (they have the one with balcony only for 2 days).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:16 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Personally I don’t have the affinity for El Rey that many others do. I just don’t get excited about an enclosed patio about the size of a big closet with two story walls on all sides. You can see a bit of sky, but absolutely no view. Maybe if you are a smoker.

The Castillo rooms with balconies are highly sought after and hard to book for good reason. Castillo sits on a high bluff with the zoo below. The balconies get a nice breeze and have views over the zoo.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:53 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

bulldog10 wrote:
Personally I don’t have the affinity for El Rey that many others do. I just don’t get excited about an enclosed patio about the size of a big closet with two story walls on all sides. You can see a bit of sky, but absolutely no view. Maybe if you are a smoker.

The Castillo rooms with balconies are highly sought after and hard to book for good reason. Castillo sits on a high bluff with the zoo below. The balconies get a nice breeze and have views over the zoo.

thats what I thought... got the balcony rooms for 2 days and another day at regular king room. i've to move, but its within hotel and i pretty much live out of my suitcase.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:41 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I do have some fond memories and nice videos from one of the penthouses at El Castillo but even being on the roof, there are neighbors that can invade your privacy, El Rey there is no view, but no one can see the debauchery I am creating.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 8:11 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I usually try to book the Amistad room at the SL. It's a huge room for the price and has one of the better wifi connections due to it's proximity to the front desk. An even though it is near the front desk, it is pretty quiet since there is a door to the hallway to the Clubhouse area. You also have easy access to the common clubhouse area if you want to sit back and relax and get out of the room but not hit the bar. The only real downside is that tub which requires a bit of gymnastics to get in and out of to take a shower.

Jaguar is also nice but only a queen sized bed. A bit small for the Mansion wing and kind of a weird layout but it is comfortable with a separate sitting area.

This trip, starting May 7, I decided to splurge a bit since I just got my tax refund. Staying in the Mansion wing in Toro Negro. Hoping to put that hot tube to some good use.